Server Maintenance - February 28, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Server Maintenance - February 28, 2013

Postby Little_Mike » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:56 am

There will be server maintenance on Thursday, February 28 at 11 AM EST/4 PM GMT. This maintenance is expected to take up to an hour to complete.

Server
  • Minor back end changes to ensure stability and general performance.

Stats
  • The hard cap for Haste has been reduced to 75%.

Items
  • The Greater Elixir of Speed and Elixir of Speed has been reduced to +15% Haste.
  • The Potion of Haste has been reduced to +10% Haste.
  • Tier 3 and 4 gems will be going up in price when purchased with Gold Shields. The prices for gems obtained by Valor and Gem Shards have not changed.
  • Addressed an issue where Tier 2 and Tier 3 gems would sell for different prices depending on the source. They should all now sell for the same price.

Store
  • The Black Market will now be available for 24 hours. The spawn times have not changed.

Quests
  • The Craftsman's Table quest will now only appear after unlocking Dragonmoor.
  • Fixed miscellaneous quest text issues.

Combat
  • The Defend ability text has been updated to include the +10% Dodge chance.

Raids
  • General Mal'zann, Direhorn, The Goblin King, and Lord of Blades will now drop higher amounts of Silver.
Little_Mike

Re: Server Maintenance - February 28, 2013

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Little_Mike wrote:
  • The Greater Elixir of Speed and Elixir of Speed has been reduced to +15% Haste.

I stopped crafting Potion of Dodge (+20% Dodge) since Modified Haste 75% (Rating 35%, Elixir +25%, Potion +15%) was so over powered. I will be crafting some Potions of Dodge to try out.

I will be crafting some Minor Potion of Haste (+5% Haste) now that they are a better bargain (1/3 Ichor and 0 Venom) and faster to craft (30 seconds each versus 30 minutes each).
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Jurg_half_brain » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Little_Mike wrote:Stats
  • The hard cap for Haste has been reduced to 75%.

Items

Ow, 1 day notice on a major haste reduction? I just bought greater elixirs!
Will the corresponding gold shield price for the reduced haste elixirs also drop by 40%??

And I agree with BJ, the minor haste potion looks much more worthwhile for only a 5% difference from regular haste potion!

Why the reduced haste at all??
Jurg_half_brain

Postby Grnm » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Little_Mike wrote:
Items

Ehr, thank you. Apparently this was a much more important issue than, say, the inventory bug...

Oh, and one more thing..
"When we taketh away, we giveth too."
Apparently, this doesn't apply here, right?
Grnm

Postby Lady_Katy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Grnm wrote:
Ehr, thank you. Apparently this was a much more important issue than, say, the inventory bug...

The inventory and chat bugs are annoying, but they need a new client to fix unfortunately. Don't worry, there will be a new client announcement soon (-ish) :D
Lady_Katy

Stat from Heck

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Subject
Stat from Heck

Venan has not told me why they are reducing Elixir of Speed and Potion of Haste.

If you search this Forum and Touch Arcade, Haste is the Stat from Heck. Venan has gone through more versions, and complaints, than any other Stat.

Since I like guessing, I will guess. [edit: remove paragraphs due to confusion]

It is better for me to buy Elixirs of Speed and craft Potions of Haste than to get Captain's Valor for Tier 5 Haste Gems. This effect is most exaggerated in Onslaughts such as Crypt of Corruption and The Shadow Comes.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Jurg_half_brain » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 pm

BJ, so you basing haste being overpowered because you can kick butt on a 2300 might raid??
Jurg_half_brain

Postby Lovin_Spoon_Full » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 pm

I do not understand the point of this alteration to haste -- AT ALL! :/ Why reduce it? No one is at a disadvantage. Everyone has an equal opportunity to get these items, including the haste pot recipe. This, in fact, brings me to my greatest grievance with this uneccesary update. I just spent the last month spending buttloads of GS (read: $) and countless hours of my time doing mind numbing repeats of the energy mine (well over 1000!) trying to get this absurdly rare haste pot recipe, only to have you announce today you are taking away its value?!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! I am almost in disbelief. And for what reason? Don't you have better ways to spend the time for which I and many others adversely affected by this unnecessary and capricious act are paying you?
Here's a thought.... instead of putting a valuable yet disproportionately costly (time and $) item in the game to lure ppl in and boost GS sales, only to then unapologetically take it away, you could focus your efforts on developing NEW content! I have stood by every decision you devs have made since I began playing...until now. If this is the harbinger of things to come, you can count me out! You can also count out my spending another cent on GS or any other gimmick (such as this haste potion bait and switch) you come up with in the future to lure money out of my wallet. How sad. P.S. Did it not at least occur to you to make the acquisition of the recipe much easier if there was even the slightest chance you would later eliminate its value? -Drachmier 'the Disillusioned'
Last edited by Lovin_Spoon_Full on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lovin_Spoon_Full

Postby CrzyHopper » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:30 pm

The haste reduction is just bullshit in my opinion. Leave the Shadow Walker alone. You've done enough damage to this class of character. You took our power and now the speed. Makes me want to quit this game....
CrzyHopper

Postby Lovin_Spoon_Full » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Proposed Solution: Just give me back all the time and money I spent (read: wasted) trying to get this soon-to-be-useless treasure. Do that, and I will gladly call it even ... and for that matter ... honest.
Last edited by Lovin_Spoon_Full on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lovin_Spoon_Full

Next

Return to Game Updates