Items & Gems: Tiers,Slots,etc.,(Data,Strategy,Tip,P1-7b)

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Items & Gems: Tiers,Slots,etc.,(Data,Strategy,Tip,P1-7b)

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue May 29, 2012 12:13 am

Edit: Shortest, Clearest, Most Concise Description:
LordNathor wrote:The formula used to compute the stat gains from gems is based on three factors:

1. Gem bonus
  2. Equipped item tier level
  3. Item slot multiplier
Full Web Version Link= https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=727#p727

Edit: More In Depth Explanation:

Once a character pays to unlock one of the 40 gem slots, it stays unlocked.
Gem Slot A, the first gem slot of each item slot, is unlocked for free.

The same gems, in a higher Tier item, get a higher +Stat. Ex: The same gem in a Tier 2 shield would get +8 Haste. With a Tier 3 shield, would get +12 Haste.
The same item, with higher gems, get a higher +Stat. Ex: The same item with +2 Haste Multiplier Gem would get +8 Haste. With a +4 Haste Multiplier Gem, would get a +16 Haste.
The same gem, in a white gem slot, in a higher location, gets a higher +Stat. Ex: I have a Tier 9 Named Armor Bundle, and a +4 Haste Multiplier Gem. I have unlocked all 30 colored gem slots. I pay to unlock a white gem slot. If I unlock my Boot (Location bonus +2), I get +72 Haste. If I unlock my Chest Armor (Location bonus +4), I get +144 Haste.

Research Note: Tier 1 items Legacy items get no bonus from augment gems.

The current version 1.3 formula appears to be ( +Multiplier Gem * +Tier Item * +Location Bonus ), in this case "+" denotes a positive number. Ex: +2 Haste Multiplier Gem & Tier 2 Shield (Off Hand Item is +2) is (+2 * +2 * +2) = +8 Haste. While +4 Haste Multiplier Gem & Tier 9 Chest Armor (Chest Amor Item is +4) is (+4 * +9 * +4) = +144 Haste.

Research Note: When you unlock your white gem slots (125,000 silver piece each), if all items are the same Tier, start with slots having high location bonuses. This lets you get the most +Stat from your first white gem slots.

Location Bonuses:
Chest Amor Item is +4
Amulet is +4
Ring is +4
Two Handed Item is +4 (+Stat based on gems slots for Main Hand item, Off Hand gems are deactivated)

Tip: Justicars and War Mages can use Two Handed items. They should unlock Off Hand Gem Slot B & C & D last. If you decide not to use a shield, those silver pieces are wasted. Shadow Walkers do not get Two Handed items. Shadow Walkers should decide about Off Hand gem slots based on the color of gems they own, slots they have unlocked, and amount of silver pieces.

Helmet is +3
Leg Amor is +3

Cloak is +2
Main Hand Item is +2
Gauntlet is +2
Boot is +2
Off Hand Item is +2

Gem Slot A)= Free
Gem Slot B)= 5,000 silver pieces or 10 gold shields (10 total for 50,000 silver pieces or 100 gold shields)
Gem Slot C)= 25,000 silver pieces or 20 gold shields (10 total for 250,000 silver pieces or 200 gold shields)
Gem Slot D)= 125,000 silver pieces or 30 gold shields (10 total for 1,250,000 silver pieces or 300 gold shields)

B+C= 30,000 silver pieces or 30 gold shields (10 total for 300,000 silver pieces or 300 gold shields)
B+C+D= 155,000 silver pieces or 60 gold shields (10 total for 1,550,000 silver pieces or 600 gold shields)

Tags: AdvancedFAQ, BasicFAQ, MightRatingFAQ, SilverCoinGear, SquireValorGear, SoldierValorGear, KnightValorGear, GoldShieldGear
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Max Health Gems(Strategy,Tip)

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue May 29, 2012 12:14 am

Subject
Max Health Gems(Strategy, Tip)

Edit: v1.7.2 PvP currently disables Health Potions, but increased Health Bar by 400%. Max Health Gems always add the same amount (linear) instead of diminishing returns (Stat Curves).

If you have a larger Health Bar in Spec 2, switch to Spec 2 when not in combat. Since you regenerate 10% of your Health Bar every 5 minutes, you will heal faster. You can then stay in Spec 2 or switch to Spec 1, when it is time to enter combat.

ETA: [Typist's Note] THERE IS NO TRAINING TOME FOR MAX HEALTH. You can only increase Max Health with gems.

in PvP chat, Bj_DWR wrote:Perfect abilities & rotation won’t help without enough Health. All those Lockbox Health Gems help with PvP. Its like v1.3 Fellmarsh was impossible for v1.2 Shadow Walker. Save up for Health Gems, until then just study rotation of successful opponents.
. . .
Unless you get *very* lucky, you need Health & Enchants to survive initial stun from your opponents.
. . .
14k minimum Might Rating before start switching gems from PvE to PvP Health (13,600 minimum for Vile Gate Raid no accident).

Edit: v1.4 is dropping Health Regenration during combat:

( viewtopic.php?p=3302#p3302 )
“-
BjofCJandBj wrote:I currently recommend a Tier 1-3 Gem in your Ring Gem Slot B (5,000 Silver Piece to unlock slot) and Necklace Gem Slot C (25,000 Silver Piece to unlock slot).

-“[/quote]

If you have less than 10 red gems, and you are buying a red gem from Majerio's Shop, I recommend +Max Health.
This is the easiest gem to understand. If a gem gives you +50 Max Health, then the maximum on your Health Bar is raised 50 points.

Health Potions & Max Health
Since health potions are on a timer, you can use them too early or too late. If you use them too early, you waste them by healing less then the potion's maximum healing. If you have 750 Max Health, when you reach 250 you can use a 500 pt health potion. If you have 505 Max Health, when you reach 5, it is probably too late. +Max Health gems increase your Max Health making it easier to use health potions without wasting them (healing less that the potion's max healing), missing your window (being killed by a single attack before you can use a potion), or using them instead of the Temple (having to use one when you are just about to win a 1 Energy Monster Encounter).

Regaining Health & Max Health
Every 5 minutes, you regain 10% of your health. The higher your maximum health, the more health you regain every 5 minutes. With no items, my Level 20 Shadow Walker has 1522 Health for 152 health every 5 minutes. With 9 +Max Health gems, she has 2,355 for 235 health every 5 minutes.

Raid Healing & Max Health (Tip)
So far, in all the Raids I have helped with, staying in a Raid Encounter and recharging energy has increased my RPP. Leaving and returning to a Raid Encounter appears to lower your RPP score. If you prefer to leave a Raid Encounter and come back, ignore this paragraph. If you hang around in Raid Encounters to increase your RPP, see Regaining Health in previous paragraph.
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Tier 9 Items(Strategy)

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue May 29, 2012 12:14 am

v2.0 Update
Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Building a Level 1 Character with 189- 2,162 GS
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5889

If you are a new player and have reached level 10, you should consider Tier 9 items. They have the maximum damage, maximum armor, and maximum +Stat of any item you can buy without soldier valor or knight valor. Since they cost a LOT of gold shields, you will probably spend real-world currency to buy Tier 9 items. Since you are spending real money, you should have Tier 9 items for the maximum amount of time. Buying early maximizes your time with a Tier 9 item.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Conversion to v1.3- Unofficial: Gold Shield Version aka

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue May 29, 2012 12:16 am

Subject:
Conversion to v1.3- Unofficial: Gold Shield Version aka Spending Money(Strategy)

If you are a Legacy character, from Book of Heroes version 1.2, and are considering Tier 9 items (see previous post) now is a perfect time to buy the Shattered Soul Bundle.

Gem Slots
Since none of your Legacy items have gem slots, 287 gold shields gets you 20 gem slots or 15 gold shield per gem slot (NOTE: these are still *LOCKED* gem slots. At least the B & C & D gem slots, see Post 1 above). This lets you immediately use the first 5 gems you find. It lets you unlock 15 more gem slots as you get the silver pieces required. In addition Tier 9 gives you the highest +Stat from these gems that silver pieces or gold shields can buy.

Legacy Items Tier 6-7
Most high level Legacy items are Tier 6, with Epic Ancestral & Named Weapons & Epic Named Armor Bundles being Tier 6 with equivalent statistics to Tier 7. Shattered Soul Bundle has better damage and armor than any Legacy item you have.

Saving Money
Shattered Soul Bundle is 20% off the individual pieces.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Conversion to v1.3- Unofficial: Silver Piece Version aka

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue May 29, 2012 12:17 am

Subject:
Conversion to v1.3- Unofficial: Silver Piece Version aka Free(Strategy,Tip)

This will concentrate on Level 19- 20 characters from version 1.2 but the same idea applies to all levels.

Research Note: Since Two handed Weapons and Main Hand Weapons determine *a lot* of your base damage and ability damage, Upgrading them from Legacy items to Tier items (even with zero augment gems) increases you damage per combat encounter. I am converting all of my Level 19-20 characters to Tier 7 weapons by spending silver pieces.

Research Note: +4 Multiplier Gems are 25,000 silver pieces each.

Starter Silver Conversion

Tier 7 Main Hand Weapon 60K
Tier 7 Chest Armor 60K
= 120,000 silver pieces

Weapon & Chest Armor Tier 7 Equipment & two Gem Slot A with +4 Multiplier Gems (120K + 0 + [25K * 2] = 170,000 silver pieces )
Weapon & Chest Armor Tier 7 Equipment & two Gem Slot A & B with + 4 Multiplier Gems ( 120K + [5K * 2] + [25K * 4] = 230,000 silver pieces )
Weapon & Chest Armor Tier 7 Equipment & two Gem Slot A & B & C with +4 Multiplier Gems ( 120K + [(5K + 25K) * 2] + [25K * 6] =330,000 silver pieces )

Half Silver Conversion

Tier 7 Helmet 30K
Tier 7 Chest Armor 60K
Tier 7 Leg Armor 42K

Tier 7 Amulet 42K
Tier 7 Ring 42K
=216,000 silver pieces

Half Tier 7 Equipment & Half Gem Slot A with +4 Multiplier Gems (216K + 0 + [25K * 5] = 341,000 silver pieces )
Half Tier 7 Equipment & Half Gem Slot A & B with + 4 Multiplier Gems ( 216K + [5K * 5] + [25K * 10] = 491,000 silver pieces )
Half Tier 7 Equipment & Half Gem Slot A & B & C with +4 Multiplier Gems ( 216K + [(5K + 25K) * 5] + [25K * 15] = 741,000 silver pieces )
Half Tier 7 Equipment & Half Gem Slot A & B & C & D with +4 Multiplier Gems ( 216K + [(5K + 25K + 125K) * 5] + [25K * 20] = 1,491,00 silver pieces )

Full Silver Conversion

Tier 7 Helmet 30K
Tier 7 Chest Armor 60K
Tier 7 Gauntlet 24K
Tier 7 Leg Armor 42K
Tier 7 Boots 24K

Tier 7 Cloak 36K
Tier 7 Amulet 42K
Tier 7 Ring 42K
Tier 7 Main Hand Weapon 60K
Tier 7 Light Shield 30K
= 390,000 silver pieces

Full Tier 7 Equipment & Gem Slot A & B with + 4 Multiplier Gems ( 390K + [5K * 10] + [25K * 20] = 940,000 silver pieces)
Full Tier 7 Equipment & Gem Slot A & B & C with +4 Multiplier Gems ( 390K + [(5K + 25K) * 10] + [25K * 30] = 1,440,000 silver pieces)
Full Tier 7 Equipment & Gem Slot A & B & C & D with +4 Multiplier Gems ( 390K + [(5K + 25K + 125K) * 10] + [25K * 40] = 2,940,000 silver pieces)

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Examples (Data)

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue May 29, 2012 12:18 am

Alacrity Gem 1 (+2 Haste Multiplier)
+
Kite Shield
=
Magic Shield Light
24 Armor
+6.00% Block
+8 Haste
Tier 2

Alacrity Gem 2 (+4 Haste Multiplier)
+
Kite Shield
=
Magic Shield Light
24 Armor
+6.00% Block
+16 Haste
Tier 2

Alacrity Gem 1 (+2 Haste Multiplier)
+
Officer's Kite Shield Light
=
Magic Shield Light
39 Armor
+6.00% Block
+12 Haste
Tier 3

+
Officer's Kite Shield Light
=
Magic Shield Light
39 Armor
+6.00% Block
+24 Haste
Tier 3

+
Ulu
=
Rare Off Hand Dagger
65 - 71 Damage
+56 Haste
Tier 7

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

MY PERSONAL OPINION: Item & Gems

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue May 29, 2012 12:19 am

MY PERSONAL OPINION
Loose gems and loose tier items are just loot. But I like to think of augment gems, in their gem slots, as being tattooed into my character's skin. The tier items, in their item slots, are the batteries that power these spell tattoos. Thus having more powerful tattoos (gems) is better. Having more powerful batteries (tier items) is better. No battery (no item in slot) means no bonus from the tattoos (gems). Legacy items count as no battery.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Why read this? To Be Deleted(Temp,7b)

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 am

Why read this? To Be Deleted(Temp,7b)

Post 7b
Why should you read this part of the topic? You should read it so I do not feel guilty. You should *not* reply to this section of the Topic (7b) as it will be DELETED in the future.
Why will it be deleted? Because I am not done researching this and would normally *not* post it to the forum. However, the information may influence your spending of real-world currency. So it is information I believe you need.

Temp Section Begin

Redacted due to version 1.5

Temp Section End
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Items & Gems: Tiers,Slots,etc.,(Data,Strategy,Tip,P1-7b)

Postby Sim88 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:52 am

Thanks for this, all great info. LordNathor posted in "gems" thread about how the new tier/gem/slot bonus works here, a good, understandable explanation!

(hopefully link works)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=309
Sim88

Latest Edit- PvP, Tomes and Max Health Gems

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:09 am

Subject
Latest Edit- PvP, Tomes and Max Health Gems

Bj_DWR wrote:Subject
Max Health Gems(Strategy, Tip)

Edit: v1.7.2 PvP currently disables Health Potions, but increased Health Bar by 400%. Max Health Gems always add the same amount (linear) instead of diminishing returns (Stat Curves).

ETA: [Typist's Note] THERE IS NO TRAINING TOME FOR MAX HEALTH. You can only increase Max Health with gems.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Next

Return to Discussions