Update 1.5.3 - January 31, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.5.3 - January 31, 2013

Postby Dravius » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:49 pm

Ever since the patch the game wont let me in anymore. It hangs on 'checking for content'.. When I wait long enough it says my network isnt working. My network has been just dandy and stable all day though. Ive reinstalled twice, but to no avail. Any suggestions?
Dravius

Postby Peter34_merc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Little_Mike wrote:The special store has limited items that will be available periodically. Those are my hints! :)

(You'll find out soon enough)

But is it a physically distinct shop? Which will appear and disappear within the game world?

Or is it just a sub-category in Majerio's store?
--
Peter Knutsen
Peter34_merc

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:27 pm

It's a physically distinct shop.
Little_Mike

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Dravius wrote:Ever since the patch the game wont let me in anymore. It hangs on 'checking for content'.. When I wait long enough it says my network isnt working. My network has been just dandy and stable all day though. Ive reinstalled twice, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Please try playing over the air (3g/4g) and see if that helps.
Little_Mike

Postby Marney » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Very unprofessional, Mike. I believe you dev types are supposed to ignore players entirely, or treat us as little more than nuisances at best. You're not supposed to actually listen to us, address our concerns, and make us happy.

Really, you're leaving me with far too little to complain about. I guess that's going to have to be my complaint now. ;)
Marney

Postby Dravius » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Little_Mike wrote:
Dravius wrote:Ever since the patch the game wont let me in anymore. It hangs on 'checking for content'.. When I wait long enough it says my network isnt working. My network has been just dandy and stable all day though. Ive reinstalled twice, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Please try playing over the air (3g/4g) and see if that helps.

Thats what the game asks for yes.... But how would I do that on my ipad? I can only use my home internet connction.
Dravius

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Marney wrote:Very unprofessional, Mike. I believe you dev types are supposed to ignore players entirely, or treat us as little more than nuisances at best. You're not supposed to actually listen to us, address our concerns, and make us happy.

Really, you're leaving me with far too little to complain about. I guess that's going to have to be my complaint now. ;)

I know right? Developers are supposed to just ignore their player base!

Dravius wrote:Thats what the game asks for yes.... But how would I do that on my ipad? I can only use my home internet connction.

Is your home connection on a router that could be potentially blocking certain types of traffic?

Please try doing the following on your iPad. Close all running applications. You can do this by double tapping the home key, tap and hold on an icon, and tap on the minus icon. After that restart your device.

On your router, unplug it, and wait for approximately 5 minutes, then plug it back in. After that's back up, go to Safari on your iPad and try accessing http://www.venan.com. If that loads properly, try playing the game again and see if you can play.
Little_Mike

Postby gimpPAC » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:10 pm

+1 on having only the "foreboding" or "portal is now open" message show on chat areas other than the event chat.

I know you can't do anything about it until the next update but if I hear ppl complaining I'll let them know the change is on the docket for next update.
gimpPAC

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 am

I am actually perfectly fine with the portal messages now. Just a single post every 90 minutes in all chat channels is very fair and informative I think. I like having a reminder where I will see it easily. But if Venan does remove it from the guild and officer chat channels, then having the event channel flash upon the notification posting is an absolute must.
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby Romain » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:18 am

Doctor_Love wrote:I am actually perfectly fine with the portal messages now. Just a single post every 90 minutes in all chat channels is very fair and informative I think. I like having a reminder where I will see it easily. But if Venan does remove it from the guild and officer chat channels, then having the event channel flash upon the notification posting is an absolute must.

In that case I'd rather stay the current way. You can easily ignore the message in guild chat but you have to manually dismiss the flashing chat channel.
Romain

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates