Faster "effect" text

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Faster "effect" text

Postby Bbbb » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:59 pm

LH_Anechi wrote:Same with WM "Frozen"..bit annoying...

SW Poisoned happens at least 5 times as often as the WM Frozen - I play a poison SW and an Ice Mage so I know.

While we are cutting out useless messages, how about if the opponent is dead, we don't get told they are "stunned", "poisoned", etc right before they die?
Bbbb

Postby Marney » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Excellent point, Beebs. Same for the Overkill proc after everything's dead.
Marney

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 am

And for that matter, Overkill doesn't need to flash 3 times when I wipe out 3 guys in one swing.
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby Marney » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 am

Actually, I forgot, but Mike mentioned that useless Overkill procs will be gone in the next update. My bad.
Marney

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:41 pm

We resolved the issue of procs using up procs in the same turn, however, I think it may still proc things even after all enemies are dead. I have written up an issue about this internally, so we will look into this and perhaps other ways to streamline combat more for 1.6.
Little_Mike

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:49 am

Now that we can get our Luck enchantment up to level 6, those luck drops are going to become a lot more prevalent as well. And just like the bleeds and overkills and many other effects that slow down real life game play, I think the Bonus Loot is one of the worst offenders of them all :(

My recommendation is to make the bonus loot drop at the exact same time as the regular loot while still flashing Bonus Loot on the screen. We will all know it is bonus when we see two piles of silver on the ground. But, don't make us wait any longer to hit the continue button and proceed to the next battle. I love getting bonus loot but it is painfully slow when I'm trying to bash out some kills and drain my energy quickly.
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby Bbbb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 pm

I am planning on making an luck ROI thread when I have some time and brainpower (usually I have one or the other). My gut and running numbers in my head is that I suspect level 4 and above are not worth enchanting luck - at least from a flux/essence viewpoint.
Bbbb

Postby EJ_walker » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:02 pm

Little_Mike wrote:We resolved the issue of procs using up procs in the same turn, however, I think it may still proc things even after all enemies are dead. I have written up an issue about this internally, so we will look into this and perhaps other ways to streamline combat more for 1.6.

Hi, i remmember, that you were saying, that batte will be faster, with 1.5 patch.
I am playing only justicar and i stop play mass bleeding, becouse it makes battle so long, that i started hate BoH.

Please make something with it...
EJ_walker

Postby Romain » Wed May 15, 2013 1:41 am

Well, thank you very much Venan for listening. The SW is a pleasure to play again in 1.6, great change. :)
Romain

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Wed May 15, 2013 3:06 am

I fully second this. The faster effects is probably the most pleasing aspect of the update for me. See Venan, sometimes it's the little things that make people happy.

However, the luck drops are still taking up too much time for my liking. Please make the luck drop fall at the same time as the regular loot drop and just flash a quick Bonus message on the screen. We don't need to know which was the original roll and which was the luck roll. These drops are still slowing me down when I'm trying to kill fast.

But again, thank you very much for speeding up everything else. It is VERY nice!
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions