Faster "effect" text

What would you like to see in future updates?

Faster "effect" text

Postby Romain » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:57 pm

I really have an issue right now with my SW: it's impossible to kill fast (in terms of real life time). This is due to "poisoned" appearing after almost every attack, and it prevents me from quickly dumping my energy. The difference with my mage is really big, and that means less RPP for my SW, with raids currently going fast everywhere.

I'd suggest to disable the text after some level, or give us an option to disable it. After all, the text will be informative at the beginning but after the small debuff icon on the opponent is enough to tell you whether poison was applied or not. The extra time spent by deep freeze (even just the slow) is also too much in my opinion.

PS: I think doc love had a linked complaint:

Doctor_Love wrote:I really dislike all the extra time consumed by the new splashs and animations. It's bad enough that it takes more hits to kill things now and I take more damage, but for all the extra game "animations" to slow things down even further is really annoying. I need to be able to come in, drop my energy, and get back to not working, and do it quickly.
Romain

Re: Faster "effect" text

Postby DarthPaff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Romain wrote:I'd suggest to disable the text after some level, or give us an option to disable it.

I totally 100% support this.
\m/
DarthPaff

Postby Bamhauser » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 pm

I agree as well.
Bamhauser

Postby Bbbb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Yes definitely.
Bbbb

Postby Anechi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 am

Same with WM "Frozen"..bit annoying...
Anechi

Postby Grnm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 am

Yes! Yes! it gets really annoying to get through all of these POISONED or RESISTED..
Last edited by Grnm on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grnm

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 am

Romain wrote:
PS: I think doc love had a linked complaint:

Doctor_Love wrote:I really dislike all the extra time consumed by the new splashs and animations. It's bad enough that it takes more hits to kill things now and I take more damage, but for all the extra game "animations" to slow things down even further is really annoying. I need to be able to come in, drop my energy, and get back to not working, and do it quickly.

I second this comment! So well thought out!

But seriously, I dropped all bleed passives on my justicar solely for the reason that they were taking way too much real life time to apply. Now that the bleeds are being fixed, I would like to try them again, but not at the expense of significantly extending real life battle times.

I suggest giving us the option to toggle off the text displays as Romain mentioned. Give us an option in the game settings, similar to turning off the helmet display.
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby Marney » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Back when this was primarily a shadow walker concern, I didn't support this idea, because one class would have reaped most of the benefits. With all classes now being affected by these slowdowns, I agree.
Marney

Postby japster » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 am

Yup, I second this idea. Would save a lot of time!
japster

Postby Celestial_LordOfBlades » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 am

Either disable the text or allow faster pop up or remain the same but allow us to use skills while text pops up
Celestial_LordOfBlades

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions