Update 1.5.3 - January 31, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.5.2 - PREVIEW

Postby Little_Mike » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:44 am

Buffing every class is not the solution as that will just lead us back to our problems with 1.4. This will be an iterative process and some players may be unhappy with some changes we make. But know that the balance changes are heavily considered and is made for the general well-being of the game.
Little_Mike

Postby Marney » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 am

Happykillmore wrote:I know my idea is viewed as crazy and unorthodox but many good ideas throughout history were viewed as bad until it was shown to better. Copernicus, Magellan, Hippocrates, etc.

But not Galileo, presumably because he was just rude.
Marney

Postby Gemma » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 am

Concerning the rare elites that will have a progressively higher chance of spawning when not encountered. Does this take into account leaving the area/zone to go heal? With each encounter in the elite zones costing 2 e no matter what, you don't lose any e which makes it cheaper to go heal than use healing pots. If I leave to go heal then come back, does the no-encounter meter reset?
Gemma

Postby Little_Mike » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Gemma wrote:Concerning the rare elites that will have a progressively higher chance of spawning when not encountered. Does this take into account leaving the area/zone to go heal? With each encounter in the elite zones costing 2 e no matter what, you don't lose any e which makes it cheaper to go heal than use healing pots. If I leave to go heal then come back, does the no-encounter meter reset?

EDIT: Exiting and re-entering combat will not reset the progressive spawning. I verified with another engineer that it was actually implemented so that it will not reset.
Little_Mike

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:28 am

Little_Mike wrote:
Gemma wrote:Concerning the rare elites that will have a progressively higher chance of spawning when not encountered. Does this take into account leaving the area/zone to go heal? With each encounter in the elite zones costing 2 e no matter what, you don't lose any e which makes it cheaper to go heal than use healing pots. If I leave to go heal then come back, does the no-encounter meter reset?

You will reset the progressive spawning if you leave the area.

There have been times I get the elite in 2 out of 3 battles. Will there be a significant decrease in the chance to re-encounter an elite after one is killed? Or does it just drop to the same base rate that it is currently set to, meaning I could still get the 2 in 3 chance?
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby Little_Mike » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 am

I just edited my previous post, I verified with another engineer that it was actually implemented so that exiting an combat area will not reset the progressive spawning. As for the actual spawn rates, they will not be changed. You were pretty lucky that you encountered an elite 2/3 times. When you encounter an elite, the progressive spawning will reset.

As for granting Respec Tokens, we feel that the changes made were minor and not significant enough to grant free Respec Tokens. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Little_Mike

Postby Lovin_Spoon_Full » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:11 pm

ØPTÏMÜS_PRÏMÊ wrote:Awesome! thanks for getting all these bugs out of the way!!! Looks like a few good additions as well! :-)

Ditto!
Lovin_Spoon_Full

Postby Hai5 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Happykillmore wrote:As I admitted I may be really bad. And I meant no offense in naming Anechi the best WM. However, I haven't seen any one else get close to her dmg....

You cant see anyone's damage unless they tell you. Damage is base on how high magic is for mage. whoever has the most magic wins
Hai5

Postby Grnm » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 am

I am surprised nobody asked this question yet. :mrgreen: Any rough time estimates as to the release date? Thanks!
Grnm

Postby Anechi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:31 am

SAO_SwordArtOnline wrote:

You cant see anyone's damage unless they tell you. Damage is base on how high magic is for mage. whoever has the most magic wins

True, and i bet mich has way alot more magic than me and she is making alot better dmg than me.

This isnt my best dmg but somewhere around here..

Anechi

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates