Forum- First Time, Tips, & Tricks

Got a question about the game or the forum? Check here!

Forum- First Time, Tips, & Tricks

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Subject
Forum- First Time Forum Users

Q: How do I find out about a Seasonal Event? Server Status? Current Topic X?

A:
You can check Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BookOfHeroes which has the most current Game Status.

or

You can check the BoH Forums from your smartphone ( mobile version ) or your computer ( full web version ), go to the Board Index page, find and click on the "Active Posts" link:

Full Web Version ( computer only ) : https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics

This will list all the most actively talked about Topics including Seasonal Events and Server Status.

Q: How can I see if someone replied to my Forum Post?

A: From the BoH Forum Board Index page ( using a smartphone or computer ), find and click on the "Your Posts" link. Any Topic with unread Posts will have the red "unread Post" symbol. On the Full Web Version ( computer ) you can click on the red "unread Post" symbol and it will take you directly to the first unread Post in that Topic. On the mobile version ( smartphone ) it will take you to the first Post on the same page containing the unread Posts.

Full Web Version ( computer only ) : https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/search.php?search_id=egosearch.

Note: Unlike "Active Topics" you must log into the Forums to use this link. If you are not logged in, you can search for your Venan ID under the "Author" field, but you will not see the red "unread Post" symbol. This is handy if the Password Database is down and you cannot log into the BoH Forums.

Full Web Version ( computer only ) : https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/search.php

see also
Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Bumping, Editing, Updating, or +1 an old Topic
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6560
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Forum Tips & Tricks

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Subject
Forum Tips & Tricks

Q: How do you know so much about BoH?
A: I read the BoH Forum

Q: But isn’t it confusing?
A: I log in on a laptop and use a browser with many bookmarks:

( search.php?search_id=newposts )
OR
Unread Posts:
( search.php?search_id=unreadposts )

Q: But if I don't read the PvP Posts, aren't all my unread posts about PvP?
A: From a computer, you can go to any Forum, or sub Forum, and click on "Mark Topics Read". From the Board index this will mark all unread Posts as read. From each Forum it will mark the Forum, and sub Forum, Posts as read. From each sub Forum it will mark all Posts in the sub Forum as read. Ex: From Player Versus Player [Beta] this will mark all unread Posts in both sub Forums as read. From PvP Discussion, this will mark all unread Posts in PvP Discussion as read. After glancing over sub Forum Guild Recruiting, I usually click “Mark Topics Read” which removes them from my unread Post list.

I also follow many of the Devs:
( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1481 )

Plus I follow Bojun/ Celestial_Cavalier, Hai5/ ALfheimOnline, and a few Math guys using their “Search Member’s Post” URLs.

Q: Don’t some of the users annoy you?
A: Yes. However, the only person I ever tried to report was a friend (Venan has disabled the “Report Post” feature for the time being). My friend voiced thoughts held by many of my guild members in an inappropriate way on the Forum. While many cheered, I watched that thread/ topic devolve into a Nuclear Flame War. I try and wait 24 hours before responding to annoying posted. I try to consider how my post will look to others.

Golden Guidelines & Suggestions
( viewtopic.php?p=2796#p2796 )

One technique is to reply, but “Save as Draft” instead of “Submit”. Do not add any attachments, yet, since Drafts do not save attachments. This lets me write a post, then wait a day to see if I really want to post it. Often another Forum member will replay with a more clear and concise answer. Sometimes I will realize a reply is really not necessary and delete my post before anyone else can see it.

I try not to feed Trolls. I use the Friend/ Foe List

( faq.php#f6r0 )
“-
What are my Friends and Foes lists?
You can use these lists to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. Subject to template support, posts from these users may also be highlighted. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.
-“

Foe Posts are hidden by default, but you can read them by clicking on the "Display This Post". Additionally if you added someone to your Foe lists, but they make a good point about the Topic you are reading, someone not on your Foe list will usually quote them, saving you the trouble of reading their whole post and getting upset. Don’t worry about accidently putting someone on your Foe list. It is easy to add and remove people from your Foe list.

Friend list is awesome for tracking players like Hai5/ ALfheimOnline, who change their names often.

Edit: Foe List appears to only work on Laptop, or Desktop, computers. The smartphone version shows your Foe's complete message.

Researcher’s Note: (you can skip this) With the BoH Forum you can set up bookmarks inside the Forum software. The advantage of this is:
Bookmarks follow you from computer to computer
Though less of a problem here, BoH Forum defaults to https:// an encrypted format. If you always log out after each session, these Forum bookmarks are also encrypted & password protected.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Latest Edit, Bumping, Editing, Updating or +1 an Old Topic (

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:48 am

Subject
Latest Edit, Bumping, Editing, Updating or +1 an old Topic (Link)

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Bumping, Editing, Updating, or +1 an old Topic
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6560

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Return to Forum Rules & FAQs