Update 1.5 Design Notes - Part 2

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.5 Design Notes - Part 2

Postby ÑBW_LÍTTLÊ_PÅÏN » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:52 pm

ñbwØPTÏMÜS_PRÏMÊ wrote:Looks very interesting, and very vague. Very much looking forward to the moment when the entire pot of beans is spilled! One thing is for certain, if this crafting business means that we will no longer all look exactly the same, then it gets a BÏG thumbs up from this WÃRRÏØR! xD

Big thumbs up if so!!!Cant wait!!! (PAIN)
ÑBW_LÍTTLÊ_PÅÏN

Postby william » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:23 am

a energy potion drop from bosses or monsters or let the oracle sell energy potins like she sells health potions
william

Postby Hotasfire0Coolasice » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:46 am

Lord_Venan wrote:Well, there went November!

December 6th.

That is our target App Store submission date. That puts us at having a build live sometime in the Dec.13th-20th range. Depending on Apple. So it's close! Really, really close! One week away. Eeek!

I think Apple gets joy out of watching me check my app every 15 mins to see if the update was live yet. Hopefully tomorrow is it!
TASTE THE RAINBOW
Hotasfire0Coolasice

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:03 am

Hotasfire0Coolasice wrote:
Hopefully tomorrow is it!

Unless Venan runs into a HUGE problem, we should see it Dec 20th at the latest. So 4, or less, days.

(  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/937718469/girl-genius-and-the-rats-of-mechanicsburg/posts?page=2  )
"-
Apple's locking down the App Store between the 21st and the 28th--if the app isn't live on the 20th, it won't be live until the 29th, 
-"
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby xKalt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:33 am

I'm already wondering whether we can get the update this year :/
xKalt

Postby Hotasfire0Coolasice » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Bj_DWR wrote:
Hotasfire0Coolasice wrote:
Hopefully tomorrow is it!

Unless Venan runs into a HUGE problem, we should see it Dec 20th at the latest. So 4, or less, days.

(  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/937718469/girl-genius-and-the-rats-of-mechanicsburg/posts?page=2  )
"-
Apple's locking down the App Store between the 21st and the 28th--if the app isn't live on the 20th, it won't be live until the 29th, 
-"

Yeah I guess, but this week coming up is going to be HORRIBLE for me, I need something to make it better.
Hotasfire0Coolasice

Postby natural20 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Anything new for the solo campaign in this update?
natural20

Postby Hotasfire0Coolasice » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 pm

I keep getting heart attacks when I see there's a new app update. Response : Ignore and keep refreshing.
Hotasfire0Coolasice

Postby SДПКД » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:01 am

Lord_Venan wrote:
Bbbb wrote:
Adding an enchantment will require having the recipe and materials

Just shoot me now. Recipes and materials. Ugh! I can't think of a RPG "feature" I hate more except equipment fatigue. I have deleted RPGs for putting me into a recipe tutorial. it is needless complexity and tedium with no payoff.

I was excited about the Passive Buffs, but you managed to just suck that out of me. I will give it a chance. If you make it not suck, it will be a first. I've played probably 50 different RPGs that had recipes over the years and in every case, it made the game worse and less fun.

We are also adding equipment fatigue.

Just kidding.

Why do you hate crafting? Hopefully we don't do whatever that is.

I honestly feel that, while potentially annoying, equipment fatigue could help mitigate issues like we're currently experiencing with people becoming inactive just because a patch is announced. food for thought
SДПКД

Postby Hotasfire0Coolasice » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:26 am

(Quote from above, maximum quotes reached)
Adding an enchantment will require having the recipe and materials

Just shoot me now. Recipes and materials. Ugh! I can't think of a RPG "feature" I hate more except equipment fatigue. I have deleted RPGs for putting me into a recipe tutorial. it is needless complexity and tedium with no payoff.

I was excited about the Passive Buffs, but you managed to just suck that out of me. I will give it a chance. If you make it not suck, it will be a first. I've played probably 50 different RPGs that had recipes over the years and in every case, it made the game worse and less fun.

We are also adding equipment fatigue.

Just kidding.

Why do you hate crafting? Hopefully we don't do whatever that is.

I honestly feel that, while potentially annoying, equipment fatigue could help mitigate issues like we're currently experiencing with people becoming inactive just because a patch is announced. food for thought

*Gives Food* Yeah, I honestly thought that this update would cease inactivity and bring in at least 1.25K more people.

"Please raise the level cap"
-- 98.6666% of BoH players.

Venan deserves a pat on the back IMO. Yes I may be unwise, unintelligent, and inexperienced in apps, but I am an honest gamer who can notice hard work and amazing results.

"More items for customization"
--Many people, I am one
Venan has added enchantments to create an amazing array of possibilities in your gear.  Venan

"More Skills Please!"
--Nearly everyone

Thank you Venan. This, IMO, is tied with enchantments as the trump card in this update. Not only has it added four more skills per class, but it has added the famous wished-for passive skills. Venan, I am extremely happy and went into an excitement attack when I saw this. (Nearly cried in public)

"The round system w/haste makes u need only 47.51."
--Common Sense

Solution. Found. And, along with that, cooldowns are now based on haste, yippee, goodbye useless abilities I am forced to use.

"Go crit, crit power, magic, and haste"
--The SW&WM United Fan Club

Venan has announced that defensive stats are now more important. This should please EVERYBODY, as I have heard so many complaints about this.

I am honestly surprised anyone is hating you after this. You guys are amazing!

~HØT~
Hotasfire0Coolasice

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates