Auto Rank When Returning to the Guild

What would you like to see in future updates?

Auto Rank When Returning to the Guild

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 am

Is there a way that the Ranks can be setup to where Officer and Below Ranks could be assigned and if a player leaves to Merc, they get their rank back automatically upon returning to the guild?

As a merc, and an Officer, having my GM bestowing my rank when I return is quite a hassle since the Roster refreshes with evey promotion.

I understand you can't auto rank a GM due to teh issues that could create, but it seems like there would be a way to do it for the other ranks, and maybe have it in a Mercing Section of the Guild Roster to where the GM can see who is out Mercing and could also make adjustments to ranks there, since the player isn't in the guild itself to make the adjustment?
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Re: Auto Rank When Returning to the Guild

Postby Th8rgoddess » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 am

Another option would be to allow the GM/Captains to click on a character and have a way to select which rank they get from a list.
Th8rgoddess

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:46 am

^This would be a good compromise
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Postby Bbbb » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:06 am

The original suggestion would make guild management much, much easier.
Bbbb

Postby MemphisViking » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:05 am

Or give officers the ability to promote to the rank of officer, so at least you don't have to wait until the GM is available.
MemphisViking

Postby Ballsack » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:14 am

Or maybe they could make something u could tag onto a player saying they are a merc. So technically they never left the guild, just out doing work
Ballsack

Postby DelP » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 am

I second this.

At this point many high level players feel like they've capped out in the game. What I'm doing to stay interested and keep the game fun is to Merc. I get discussion with new people and saving raids is FUN. I'd love to be able to take half the guild over to another guild to do a co-raid or save a failing one. We can't do it though because the Officers are going to lose their rank.

Sure when the GM is on he can fix the rank, but there is only one person who can make an officer and what happens if they have a real life crisis that keeps them away for several days. Or we leave officers behind and then they get burned out because they aren't having fun.

I think there are 3 things to get BoH energized again (notice how quiet global is, and the major guild upheaval). New content, new raids, or keeping your rank. I'm not sure which is the easiest, but something needs to change soon.
DelP

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:48 am

Sir_Jetras wrote:
Is there a way that the Ranks can be setup to where Officer and Below Ranks could be assigned and if a player leaves to Merc, they get their rank back automatically upon returning to the guild?

From a programmer's point of view, the problem I see is multiple Guilds.

My DVD player remembers where I stopped on the last 5 DVDs, but once I put a 6th in, it loses its place on the first one.

Theoretically, a player could help out in ten or twenty Gobblin' Goblins in a week. Each of the lower level Guilds promising "help with our Raid and we will promote you to officer".

If Venan wishes to officially condone Mercing, another solution may be more viable.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:55 am

Ballsack wrote:
Or maybe they could make something u could tag onto a player saying they are a merc. So technically they never left the guild, just out doing work

So far the only solution to Officialy Condoning Mercs that I have noticed are:

Global Raids
( viewtopic.php?p=4613 )

Raid Squads:
( viewtopic.php?p=5166#p5166 )
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:14 pm

The simple solution would be to allow the Guild member to click on the Mucky Duck and join another single guild, but their rank woudl be set to merc since they joined through this process, this rank couldn't be altered, they could only be booted. They would have to tap on the Mucky Duck to tap "return to guild" to rejoin their original guild at their original rank. Other in their guild would see "Out Mercing" on their rank if viewed under the guild list..their placeholder could still be promoted, demoted, or booted by Officers or GM.

If their Placeholder is booted, then when they tap on "Return to Guild" they will just be release to join whatever guild they like...
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions