And then there were none...

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

And then there were none...

Postby Saphy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Just checked out pvp and noticed there are only 4 toons in the masters category. Will there ever be an update and/or new season for Pvp? I would like to see event gear and higher tiered gems to purchase in the PvP store. Little things like this would actually please the declining fan base.

BOH pvp is much better than most free app games. You compete live... not with bots and depending on rng and player skill you have a chance to win against a higher might player.

It would be a shame if PvP fizzles out. It is a fun component of Book of Heroes.

-Saphira
Saphy

Re: And then there were none...

Postby Mr_Op » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:20 pm

The issue is there are still people that PvP everyday (Hardcore pvpers) The issue is the average PvPer who used to compete in season 1 and two and even beta have no need or desire to do so. An update would have to be serious in order to draw any casual PvPers back to PvP due to the fact that the RNG system is jacked.
Mr_Op

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:12 pm

I was a fairly regular PvPer but the prestige abilities largely removed any enjoyment out of it. It was already heavily RNG and these seem to just increase the sheer randomness of matches. Mojo especially now means actually getting statuses to land means very little when they can just be removed.

Still dabble a bit and do enjoy playing FW and Inq, so may come back to it. Plus I'll need to use all these resolve potions all my toons seem to have stockpiled...
Illy_the_Red

Postby Cheesy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:31 pm

I think one of the problems is how stagnant it is. Even if you go on a win streak against similarly mighted toons ranked lower than you you will eventually lose to one and lose 25 points. How about just changing all loses to -10?
Wins could stay on same formula. Yes I know it would stink a bit more for the level 35 person matches to a level 40 but eventually it evens out. If that’s a big concern make it -5 or do -(10 - level difference )

Also I agree this pvp system is superior to most in principle. However another game I play has a system where you never lose points only gain for a win but the ranking is always relative. So you would end up with progressively massive scores and yeah the people that play more get more points (is this bad?). Not sure how it would apply here, that game has a max 5 pvps per day so it probably helps balance it out if that’s the case and I wouldn’t want to see that in boh, just a thought on a different scoring system
Cheesy

Postby Saphy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:52 am

Since I am mostly on BOH when it is dev sleepy time...it was suggested to me to write on forums instead of my recent approach of trolling global in hopes of finding yellow chats..and then sending naughty.. I mean insightful...whispers to a mysterious new/returning dev named Kal.

That being said, I've been looking at recent posts on forums and my posts... where to put my nugget of two cents?..and I thought to just leave it here...

With endless lists of suggestions that were thoughtfully posted by b4, jala and others.. if only a handful of them were implemented, it would be helpful in reviving this really fun game. But bottom line... there needs to be new PVE content and advanced level gear (wtf is underneath Glenfort! I've been waiting for years!). I know this can take time to develop, but in the interim PVP needs a jolt of new energy. There needs to be a new season with "new" PvP gear.

I leave one suggestion, make all current event gear that is tier 19 and up available on pvp... just grey the images out like you did with all the other gear, set up on them new stats for monsters vs players, and jack up the amount of marks needed to obtain them.

This will give the opportunity for people to obtain upper level gear that they might of missed during the holidays (when we were being festive with loved ones and not playing video games), give those who go gaga for pvp gear the chance to utilize some new duds, and hopefully bring back some great pvp players that BOH so desperately needs.

Well Kal..if you do exist...good luck to you on this project. I look forward to seeing some kool new content and game updates in the near future.

Game on!

-Saphira
Saphy

Postby Gary_ » Sat May 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Agree with Ilyana. Prestige killed PvP for me and doing the same crap in all other aspects, made it easy to not play at all. Hope everyone is doing well.
Gary_

Postby De_Gallis » Mon May 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Absolutely the last thing this game needs is higher tier gems available through the PVP store.
De_Gallis

Postby Mr_Op » Tue May 08, 2018 8:27 am

Gary_ wrote:Agree with Ilyana. Prestige killed PvP for me and doing the same crap in all other aspects, made it easy to not play at all. Hope everyone is doing well.

All prestige did was make Justicars more OP, there are some fun aspects like the box. Beyond that it's all a joke mojo, last stand, provoke (given I've used them all) it sucks and agree it eventually killed the game for me.
Mr_Op

Postby Bimbosigliere » Tue May 08, 2018 10:55 pm

Let’s all go to a Shonen Knife concert!!! In LA, or Vegas works best for me.
Bimbosigliere

Return to PvP Discussion