2018 Valentines

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

2018 Valentines

Postby Bbbb » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Guildies and I were discussing this event. I agreed to research the forum and see what I could figure out from last year. The threads are such a mess because the event was flawed in many ways and was reworked mid-event. I could tell that people were generally happy with the end result but I don't know what that was. Please reply if you see missing or incorrect information below (it is only my best guess based on old posts how things worked in 2017) and I will update this post.

Tragick Valentine is now a 24/7 RAID.

P1 - Onslaught? (6e?)
P2 - Onslaught? (6e?)
P3 - 4e Boss - Despair Drops - e pot drops

Event currency is Hearts and paid out via RPP.

Unstable Gems - T8 but incurs 10% penalty on another color. Red penalizes Yellow. Yellow to Blue. Blue to Red. Lucky Gems do not get a penalty, but Minty Gems do regardless of slot (I have tested this). I believe they do not drop but must be purchased or lockboxed.

T20 Weapon - requires a recipe and a T19 Weapon. Also, requires Despair. Must transfer enchants.

Question: is there a way to get Despair post-event?

There was a lot of confusion. A personal question. I have an Inq with a 2H T20 - what do I need to do to also get the 1H this year?
Bbbb

Re: 2018 Valentines

Postby Errör_Phåse404 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Bbbb wrote:Guildies and I were discussing this event. I agreed to research the forum and see what I could figure out from last year. The threads are such a mess because the event was flawed in many ways and was reworked mid-event. I could tell that people were generally happy with the end result but I don't know what that was. Please reply if you see missing or incorrect information below (it is only my best guess based on old posts how things worked in 2017) and I will update this post.

Tragick Valentine is now a 24/7 RAID.

P1 - Onslaught? (6e?)
P2 - Onslaught? (6e?)
P3 - 4e Boss - Despair Drops - e pot drops

Event currency is Hearts and paid out via RPP.

Unstable Gems - T8 but incurs 10% penalty on another color. Red penalizes Yellow. Yellow to Blue. Blue to Red. Lucky Gems do not get a penalty, but Minty Gems do regardless of slot (I have tested this). I believe they do not drop but must be purchased or lockboxed.

T20 Weapon - requires a recipe and a T19 Weapon. Also, requires Despair. Must transfer enchants.

Question: is there a way to get Despair post-event?

There was a lot of confusion. A personal question. I have an Inq with a 2H T20 - what do I need to do to also get the 1H this year?

No onslaught in the raids. P1/2 are 2e and p3 is 4e if I remember correctly.

Requires the t19 tragic weapon in your inventory in order to craft t20.

Despair can be obtained in onslaught phases of sq and sr if you have the Pendant of Despair in your inventory.

Tragic gems do not drop. Purchase or lockbox only.

That’s all I can remember about the event.
Errör_Phåse404

Postby Just_John » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:21 pm

I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember Despair being changed so that it would drop in p2 as well so as to discourage campers in the first two phases.
Just_John

Postby Errör_Phåse404 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Ah right! That was part of the fix as well.

I think they also doubled the rpp per entry for p3 because it cost 4e.
Errör_Phåse404

Postby __Pip___ » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:42 am

When you purchase the T19 weapon, you get a quest to enable a craft of that t20 weapon. If you have the 2hand already and want the 1hand, purchasing the t19 1hand sword opens the path to crafting the t20 sword.
__Pip___

Postby cathbad » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 pm

We need to be able to dismiss those who sabotage a raid. As it currently stands, a person can hit once or twice and then leave. This creates a strain on the rest of us to make up the difference. We need to have a minimum energy requirement to enter raids .... especially special ones like this. I propose a minimum of 14 energy starting requirement. This way we filter out the bottom feeders who clog up our raid parties. If that is not possible then a eject option to kick out anyone below 1000 points in the raid.
cathbad

Postby Cheesy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:20 pm

I think the 5 hour raid limit sort of helps make up for the chance that a few new players with 12 e may enter or that someone may hit a couple then have something come up in rl
Cheesy

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Minimum rpp requirements were suggested a long time ago in response to agitating for merc ban lists (which is still not the right answer the problem). In essence you are able to enter and hit a raid as normal and your rpp contributes to the raid's completion, but you must accrue a minimum rpp over a fair period of time that is very easy to achieve or be automatically removed from the raid.

That way, if someone does happen to hit a few times then something occurs to prevent them hitting such as a phone call, all they lost was a few hits. They can rejoin or wait for another raid. It's naive however to think that all of the skunking in BoH past and present was all because of RL issues. That would be one hell of a bunch of coincidences.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Just_John » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 am

I agree that something needs to be done. I've mentioned a couple of time this event that EVERY SINGLE RAID that i have been in has anywhere from 1 to 5 sitting on 420 or lower! Usually closer to 5 than 1. The response I got was "Well maybe something came up." But like Illy said its a massive coincidence that it happens this ofter and they never come back.
Just_John

Postby Mr_Op » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:14 am

This year there has been probably 4 raids that I have unfortunately "Skunked" Though not intentional it happened due to work and bad services while traveling. In a case like this unless it is the same account numerous times I would leave that up in the air. I know people like to troll, but skunkung event raids is another level.
Mr_Op

Next

Return to Discussions