Thoughts from me, Salad

For all your non-Book of Heroes discussion needs.

Thoughts from me, Salad

Postby Mr_Op » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:09 am

I labeled it as this so Bbbb would read it mainly. If I labeled it 'PvP thoughts from me he wouldn't look.

Our current PvP system needs work, but I don't wanna touch on that. I would like to propose a new system for PvP.

In PvP everyone gets the same resolve and the same amount of matches in the same about of time as everyone else. Unlike PvE where OS dictates who runs the HS boards or other circumstances *Cough Bot cough cough* I get we have a ranking system atm and besides the camping going on and the +1 -31 aspect it really isn't awful.

I would Like to see a PvP, weekly, board.

Here would be the general concept of it. It would reset each week as the hero score does. It would calculate wins and it would be the same setup as weekly hero score the more wins the higher you are. Matches would not work and here is why. Anyone could go in everyone they have enough R for 4 matches and throw them all, but winning makes people actually PvP.

Back on topic, It would work something like this (I am just using random names for this don't get offended)

1. Salad 33 wins
2. Zal 30 wins
3. BBBB 29 wins
4. Purao 23 wins
5. Saraa 18 wins

And so on and so forth.

This actually makes it somewhat fair for toons just starting PvP because of the no PvPer left behind plan everyone will win 50ish% of their matches. So in theory my level 32 inq could win more in a week than my justi depending on my RNG streaks.

The rewards for top 5 could give Com 3 elixir as well to promote PvP more, maybe medals or even R/E Pots.

This is just a thought to promote PvP as most people quit because of the current system. With this one there is no way to camp so I believe it would appeal to people more.
Mr_Op

Re: Thoughts from me, Salad

Postby _Zal_ » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:22 am

I fully support this as a great idea :!:
_Zal_

Postby AmyLoo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:33 am

+1
AmyLoo

Postby Bbbb » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:57 am

I think I brought this up a couple years ago. I took a partial hiatus for 5 months from BoH back then and was playing Dungeon Boss instead. That game has tons of problems which I won't get into - I rage quit over them trying to secretly undermine the currency system and devaluing it by 90%. Asshole company and I haven't been back.

But one thing they did right was that PVP didn't have these never ending seasons. 3 times a week the PVP leaderboard would reset and each time was a contest with a prize. People would burn lots of GS (well, the equal of that) to win. Maybe 3 times a week is too much, but weekly or even monthly would be a huge improvement.

One thing I should note is that their PVP is different than ours. It wasn't 2 players live. You would set your defense up. You don't actively play defense. The only active is the offense who had to find a way to beat it. The trick was to put up a bait defense that looked easy but had some unusual ability that noobs wouldn't know and you would suck points off of noobs. I'm not suggesting that was superior and would be difficult to implement in the BoH world plus I suspect most PVP users don't want that but it did remove the issue of waiting forever for a match.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:44 pm

I think a leaderboard system would be very much better than the current Elo system. That is hugely criticised in the chess community and Venan clearly ignored that when they implemented it.

PvP ideally needs a purely merit-based system like this one that Salad proposes. Pure merit means that you control how and when you PvP, you control how many potential wins you get and you don't decay just because you can't play for a week. You just wouldn't accumulate any wins which is no bad thing, you'll be back. It also wouldn't penalise you for losses, it just means you have to play more to get more wins if you have a lower win percentage.

Ideally to combat the ice ages you have to wait for matches against people in different leagues (where one of you wipes the floor with the their easily), you would stop both players needing to be on. When you match up you fight a bot version of the other toon with all abilities, enchantments, casting times etc it would normally have. Anyone who thinks this would be easy wins clearly hasn't played enough mobile games with these types of PvP systems. They have their own issues but usually it's because of a lack of desire to actually address them.

Even a rating-swap system could work, where the winner replaces the loser in terms of rank on a leaderboard. You advance by fighting people within a certain rank above you. This would mix things up a lot and make people play a lot more because all you have to do to be top...is beat them. But it would probably have the inevitable whinges from players in the top 10 or so being knocked from that spot after just one match.

Either way, the current ranking system and the PvP system itself is virtually useless, counter-productive because it actually drives people away from it rather than tempting them to play.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Katka » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Salad I think this is an awesome idea. I took a break and have been working back up the ranks. This has been proving more difficult than expected.

I think there should also be a way to implement the master tats. Maybe the top 10 of the month receive the ability to get the master tats or after a certain amount of wins in a month. That would also ensure more people playing and building their characters. Maybe some more clothing items too. There are a lot of people that like to customize their characters. I know I have spent GS on customizing mine.

I really love and support your idea :)
Katka

Postby Mr_Op » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:10 pm

More Thoughts:

Alot of these have been suggested over the years (mostly from Bbbb and Illy) I like to keep putting them out there in hopes of some thing being done.

1. TSR fixes- The easiest fix for TSR to be better for everyone is to take 100 waves from p3 and move them to P2. This would really help with small/bad os toons. The issue isn't in P3 being difficult, because it really isn't it's that at 60k might you would struggle to be competitive in P3.

2. We NEED a speed run weekend. Nothing like a speed run to bring back a bunch of veteran players.

3. LoB- This is my personal favorite raid in BoH. There are two primary issues with it. The first being P1 is really long so let's cut that down by 1/5 and let's make P4 150 waves. Yes the current structure of the raid is fine and if guilds ran it there would be many gold raids. However, while running it mercs (Yes, me) don't like p4 so it's often a struggle for guilds to finish.

4. I'm still holding out for Crit elixir Venan don't let me down.

5. FK- Yes FK is a monster in OS (thanks Saraa for killing my ego for the last 8 months) my issue with them are in PvP. I would like to see them have another Knock back besides lance because they don't use lance. (Yes, I understand mages do fair well without a knock back) My suggestion would be giving ice blast a .25 knock back, but also increasing its cool down by another .75

6. Valentine's needs two things in my eyes. It needs the t20 axe and to get rid of the gem reduction.

7. This one is the best one :). I believe we should take Hero Score away from KFS. The issue is that people who run the Hero Score boards just hit kfs all day. Apple's to Apples my mage will score x2 more hero score per round in kfs than in TSR. Yes, I do enjoy kfs, but I'm tired to losing to the Pro-KFSers
Mr_Op

Postby TheAllMighty » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:29 pm

LOL @ "Pro KFSers"! I call it return on investment. There is a nice gradual OS progression: CoC-KFS-LOB-SQ-TSR. Yes it would still be there but HS is a real reward for getting good at it. No HS =No real reason to raid it.
TheAllMighty

Postby Saraa » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:15 pm

If you are good at OS the silver payout on KFS is more than enough to make up for the lack of HS, which return on investment or not, is cheap HS. It wouldn't be that hard to implement the same HS payout that's currently in place, dropping it as soon as a too hits lvl 40. IMO, if you can put up 80+ kills in KFS OS you should be spending more time helping SQ and SR raids.
Saraa

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:06 am

I'd get on board with removing HS from KFS if SQ and TSR were modified. As they are, they are supremely boring raids and generally require the expenditure of some kind of consumable to make them even vaguely interesting.

Make the top raids as attractive as KFS to run and more people would raid them. As they are, KFS can stay as it is. I see enough of them hanging in P1 as it is because high might mercs are waiting to try their best to solo.

Definitely tweak LoB as that was my favourite raid for a while. Sadly this happened too much (edited out all the random 'P4' cries from people who thought we didn't know):

'Ok guys, time for P4'
'Oh I hate this phase....'
'Sorry guys I have to work...'
'My budgie just died, so sadly I must bow out of this raid here'
'Bye guys! Best of luck!'

People are only interested in the OS. Which means no hits in P1 or P4 and then the raid dies.
Illy_the_Red

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussions