Goblin vs Unstables/Lucky Gems

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Goblin vs Unstables/Lucky Gems

Postby Bbbb » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:03 pm

From a might standpoint, both the new Goblin Gems and Unstables add +185 to your current stats on the necklace. But then the unstable takes away 10% of your yellow gems. So for might, the Goblin Gems are superior.

Unstable Reds add 15 Damage (not adjusted for Guild Bonus) on T21 Necklace for Mage. The amount the Goblin Gem adds for Dodge is harder to figure out due to diminishing returns. It can range from about .5% to 1% dodge. I will let you all decide which is better for your toons.

Comparing Lucky versus Goblin Gems, Goblin gives you 17 extra might, but I am a huge believer that Luck is the best PvE use in the game. For PvP, you want Goblin of course.
Bbbb

Re: Goblin vs Unstables/Lucky Gems

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:02 pm

One of the best things about these new Goblin gems is that they count as reds, so can be used in normal red slots. The lucky gems are good but can only be equipped in the white slots, which diminishes their value in comparison.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:The lucky gems are good but can only be equipped in the white slots, which diminishes their value in comparison.

My complaint on the lucky gems isn't that. It is that we don't have melee/magic ones.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:The lucky gems are good but can only be equipped in the white slots, which diminishes their value in comparison.

My complaint on the lucky gems isn't that. It is that we don't have melee/magic ones.

That sucks too. But not being able to put a crit gem in a yellow slot means sacrificing something else. Don't know why they don't make them equippable for the gem type they actually are. Come up with a cool idea to have craftable gems then hamstring them like that...
Illy_the_Red

Postby Mr_Op » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Understanding the gems.

-Each gem will give roughly an additional .40 dodge (A nice round nunber)

-These gems give some positive insight though as Lv is working on new things. (Please don't thrash my post)

-Are the gems good? Yes and no. I see the gems obviously being useful in PvP, I see them being good for flamers and Sw to help with riposte. The gems should not be used, in PvP, on an inq for obvious reasons.

-Might, might now adays is stupid in its own right. 8 could have 80k might and be better than people at the 100k threshold.

-Finally, alot of talk is out there about running baby toons through the Gobo. The best way to do the event is to burn one toon at a time i.e. I burn my justi at 22:00 Then burn my mage at 01:00. This is efficient because pots pay for themselves for the most part.
Mr_Op

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:47 am

Mr_Op wrote:Understanding the gems.

-Each gem will give roughly an additional .40 dodge (A nice round nunber)

-These gems give some positive insight though as Lv is working on new things. (Please don't thrash my post)

-Are the gems good? Yes and no. I see the gems obviously being useful in PvP, I see them being good for flamers and Sw to help with riposte. The gems should not be used, in PvP, on an inq for obvious reasons.

-Might, might now adays is stupid in its own right. 8 could have 80k might and be better than people at the 100k threshold.

-Finally, alot of talk is out there about running baby toons through the Gobo. The best way to do the event is to burn one toon at a time i.e. I burn my justi at 22:00 Then burn my mage at 01:00. This is efficient because pots pay for themselves for the most part.

Do you think 'burn one toon at a time' is still a good strategy for 8+ toons? I tend to empty 2-3 in one spawn, then next spawn my next 2-3 and so on in order. But if it's better in terms of returns to do them one at a time then I may try that.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Şhädøщşрäщñ » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:48 am

Thank you Venan for giving us something new to strive for. You haven't forgotten us after all. :-)
Fight well and prosper my friends,
Şhädøщşpäщñ
Şhädøщşрäщñ

Postby Mr_Op » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:44 am

To Illy, I really don't know using 8 toons I am only running 3 at the most so I don't have a good answer for th at
Mr_Op

Postby Bbbb » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Mr_Op wrote:To Illy, I really don't know using 8 toons I am only running 3 at the most so I don't have a good answer for th at

With 1 device, I can dump about 3.5 toons during in the time frame. With 2 devices, it is about 6 toons.

If you are at 99 medium e pots for a toon, sure burn away on one. If you are trying to stockpile pots, it is better to rotate.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Mr_Op wrote:To Illy, I really don't know using 8 toons I am only running 3 at the most so I don't have a good answer for th at

With 1 device, I can dump about 3.5 toons during in the time frame. With 2 devices, it is about 6 toons.

If you are at 99 medium e pots for a toon, sure burn away on one. If you are trying to stockpile pots, it is better to rotate.

I usually stockpile for future use while gradually building up enough currency for what I want. I usually get the same done per spawn (3 and then possible partway through another) unless I get interrupted somehow. Sometimes it's maddening the things that pop up when all you need is a quiet 15mins at a specific time!
Illy_the_Red

Next

Return to Discussions