FK OS Builds

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

FK OS Builds

Postby Bbbb » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:31 am

It is the best of the new classes at OS. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try it in weeks due to events and guild schedule.

I had been trying it largely on the ice side with hypo but I heard from Sara that she is doing much better than I am. I think with a mostly melee build. Anyone care to share a build? Please include red gem and enchants.
Bbbb

Re: FK OS Builds

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:08 pm

Bbbb wrote:It is the best of the new classes at OS. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try it in weeks due to events and guild schedule.

I had been trying it largely on the ice side with hypo but I heard from Sara that she is doing much better than I am. I think with a mostly melee build. Anyone care to share a build? Please include red gem and enchants.

If it's mostly melee I can see it rotating around Pierce and Devastate with lots of bleed, plus quick attacks to keep things like Fury up. Physical damage enchants and obvious ones like 1H damage and armour penetration. Still very interested to see how it can ever be better than a melee SW on death wish though (in non-GV OS).

Like a SW, use 20 melee gems if going completely physical to keep the damage high. I'll probably split my FK's builds into melee and Magic once I can actually afford an extra build.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Saraa » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:34 am

Bbbb wrote:It is the best of the new classes at OS. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try it in weeks due to events and guild schedule.

Despite the duel wealding weapons, FK feels nothing like a SW, and should not be treated as such. The extra damage, especially from the ice side is very noticeable once you have a feel for it. There are 2 viable and effective OS builds I've come up with for FK, a Hybrid build and a primarily melee build that utilizes shard, grasp and hypo(by default). I've only minimally tried the melee OS as melee resist at the end game GV OS is very high and many of the monsters in SQ seem to be weak against ice. Also, it's probably not advisable to use a melee heavy OS build against, say, PoB where he can go into dodge mode.

For mobs, it stands to reason loading up on melee and crit gems and hitting them with devastate will primarily be the most effective way to clear.

Here are the OS builds I've had success with:

Hybrid(30/40kpr average in KFS)no elixir/elixir:approx magic rating 6900

Melee(no supporting info as I tried this build very early on)

**Please note that both builds use 36 points and I plan on using the last 2 for enhance red/yellow and playing around with gems to see where I can get numbers to tweak**

If you have any questions, PM me in game or here on the forums or if you see me in chat, just ask!
Last edited by Saraa on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saraa

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:39 pm

Feels a lot like a SW early on. Lots of similar abilities, 1H weapons, critical eye, pierce, reflexive. It's pretty much a SW, especially with physical builds, with the bonus of a melee area attack ability. Also never had issues with PoB with a melee SW. One thing to watch out for would be his ability to up status resist and avoid the effects, which on either build would hurt overall damage.

Its strength will probably be an all-magic build, but I'm not at that point yet.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Kenner » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:47 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:Feels a lot like a SW early on. Lots of similar abilities, 1H weapons, critical eye, pierce, reflexive. It's pretty much a SW, especially with physical builds, with the bonus of a melee area attack ability. Also never had issues with PoB with a melee SW. One thing to watch out for would be his ability to up status resist and avoid the effects, which on either build would hurt overall damage.

Its strength will probably be an all-magic build, but I'm not at that point yet.

I think status resist least hurt physical builds. Magic builds and therefore especially mages are wrecked by status resist
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:42 am

Kenner wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:Feels a lot like a SW early on. Lots of similar abilities, 1H weapons, critical eye, pierce, reflexive. It's pretty much a SW, especially with physical builds, with the bonus of a melee area attack ability. Also never had issues with PoB with a melee SW. One thing to watch out for would be his ability to up status resist and avoid the effects, which on either build would hurt overall damage.

I think status resist least hurt physical builds. Magic builds and therefore especially mages are wrecked by status resist

Actually meant FK specifically, since it will be leaning on bleed to some degree to make up the damage deficit from 1H. Plus all builds need to apply spirit runes to lower defence, unless they don't mind fewer kills.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:37 pm

I feel like an idiot. What was wrong with my OS build was that I hadn't select Axe Mastery. The icon keeps making me think it is Cleave.....
Bbbb

Postby Kenner » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:34 am

Bbbb wrote:I feel like an idiot. What was wrong with my OS build was that I hadn't select Axe Mastery. The icon keeps making me think it is Cleave.....

Lol
Kenner

Postby Silogur » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:31 am

Hi! Is this build still viable?
Saraa wrote:

Despite the duel wealding weapons, FK feels nothing like a SW, and should not be treated as such. The extra damage, especially from the ice side is very noticeable once you have a feel for it. There are 2 viable and effective OS builds I've come up with for FK, a Hybrid build and a primarily melee build that utilizes shard, grasp and hypo(by default). I've only minimally tried the melee OS as melee resist at the end game GV OS is very high and many of the monsters in SQ seem to be weak against ice. Also, it's probably not advisable to use a melee heavy OS build against, say, PoB where he can go into dodge mode.

For mobs, it stands to reason loading up on melee and crit gems and hitting them with devastate will primarily be the most effective way to clear.

Here are the OS builds I've had success with:

Hybrid(30/40kpr average in KFS)no elixir/elixir:approx magic rating 6900

Melee(no supporting info as I tried this build very early on)

**Please note that both builds use 36 points and I plan on using the last 2 for enhance red/yellow and playing around with gems to see where I can get numbers to tweak**

If you have any questions, PM me in game or here on the forums or if you see me in chat, just ask!
Silogur

Return to Discussions