Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016

Postby Kîlldozer » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:49 pm

The Werechef event was blemished by forcing players to grind to achieve a goal, grind some more or pay to craft the necklace, and then grind or pay a third time to transfer enchants. For the folks who say "just get the recipe and craft it later", what about the new players who struggle and come up short just trying to get the darn recipe? All that mess and bad feelings toward Venan for what? You probably made some cash, but was it worth making a quest irrelevant and putting new players in a pay or wait situation? That T21 Werechef necklace should been a quest item not a limited time event item. I know that Venan has to make money to keep the lights on, but if you take care of your players and make a great bug free game you can make the cash and not gouge players in the process.
Nobody learned a thing from Werechef, so we follow that bad idea up with a T21 ring in the next event. Once again we got bad item placement and once again a quest became more irrelevant. Atleast we didn't have same 5 diamond graver nonsense plus 2 more added on, but instead players got shafted in the end of the event. How did players get messed over? The issue with having to one hit, exit, re-enter, and be frustrated the whole time doing it just to get dubs to grab gear out of the store. Then on the last day just shut down the event instead of fixing or extending it out a few days more. If a player has been busting their tail and saving dubs what are they going to do now? They have dubs, but not enough to get the gear they want and the only thing left to do is grab stuff they can afford or lock box it because they may feel like Venan could care less. It is sad, but this reminds me of one of the things I have always told my kids. "If you don't know what to do or don't know what you're doing, JUST STOP". In my kids world this is about safety. If somethings wrong and you don't know what to do JUST STOP what you're doing and figure it out or get some help, don't just keep going because that is how people get injured, hurt, or PO'd. All you had to do was stop the event, fix the problem, and start it back up. Either that or Venan remedy the screw up by putting a band-aid on it and hooking up players with some free gold shields or the like. Atleast we players wouldn't feel totally ignored.
This year hasn't been a good. I loved not being able to switch classes on the new characters. Quote from CS: "Why would we let players switch classes...that would defeat the purpose of the new classes"....grrrrrr. The T21 Werechef necklace mess and then the pirate event screw up that gets cut short. This part of the reason why old players leave the game, new players don't stick around for long, and players either get frustrated or quit caring about the Boh in general. I'm getting pretty close to being one of those people.
Kîlldozer

Postby Nek_the_Moshi_Finger » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Aaannnnnd Lucy pulled the football away. Again.....
Nek_the_Moshi_Finger

Postby Bimbosigliere » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:57 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Kîlldozer » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:03 pm

Quick, simple, and to the point. Keep pulling the football away and someday Charlie Brown will wise up. Lucy may end up alone holding the ball with nobody to kick it.
Kîlldozer

Postby Shekka » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Bimbosigliere wrote:Everyone seems to be missing the one and only inalienable truth of BoH:

IT'S ALL SHEKKA'S FAULT!!

(34)

I want this one removed. I was fine with 33.. but not more then that.

Besides, it is not my fault quality control on Venans side has been sleeping on the job this past while!!
Shekka

Postby Bimbosigliere » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:35 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Winx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:39 pm

Dear Venan. I've gained 5 lbs from late night stress eating during pirates. Weight watchers won't accept the gs I bought in anticipation of another day's raids as payment. I'm sending you their bill. Love from Winx ;)
Winx

Postby Bbbb » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:04 am

Winx wrote:Dear Venan. I've gained 5 lbs from late night stress eating during pirates. Weight watchers won't accept the gs I bought in anticipation of another day's raids as payment. I'm sending you their bill. Love from Winx ;)

If you bought GS in the past 3 or so days, you can return it if you contact customer service. I know another game where after a bait and switch, people got Apple (and maybe Google) to refund purchases going back weeks.
Bbbb

Postby Draco_van_Berk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Is the Quartermaster still spawning at the Shores of the Realm?
Draco_van_Berk

Postby _Alien_ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Draco_van_Berk wrote:Is the Quartermaster still spawning at the Shores of the Realm?

Yes
_Alien_

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News