Frost Knight

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: Frost Knight

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:09 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Alienigen wrote: This class is a health potion grinder.

While I agree this class is underpowered, this one complaint isn't my experience. The way I play, it might use less health pots than either inq or FW.

The area that I think needs work is debuffs and DoTs. I'm expecting to find this class useless at OS (not there yet to test). My concerns are:

1. Cold can only be applied by one attack which has a long cast time. I've never stacked 3 on anyone to date. I think we need a Rend type ability to passive stack Cold.
2. The major two DoTs are applied on slow AOE attacks. From attacking harder bosses, I already feel it is impossible to get all the stacks going (Chill, Hypo, Cold and Bleed) going on once. I feel like even 3 may be very difficult.

I've found with health potions, my Warden and Frost Knight seem to use about the same. Both use less than my Inquisitor, but that toon hasn't run GK yet. Overall I'm probably using the same on all three.
Illy_the_Red

Slow Knight

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:07 am

Subject
Slow Knight

Posted from my iPhone

From chat:
Inq (finally a tank in BoH) is like a luxury sedan, filed with lots of options from spirit Siesmic Slash to Radiant Light removing monster buffs to periodic damage to Spirit Strike multiple attack chance.

FW is like a muscle car with *lots* of speed, Elder Fury 3+ 2h Sword to Riposte to Smoke Bomb to Magma Jet 3+ Fire Mastery 3 (smolder 3 & improved fire crit power) to Flaming Pyre 3+ Fire Mastery 3

FK is fun in Coliseum, but having trouble in VS Monster.

Unlike WM, which has fire to compliment ice attacks, or Justi, which got Backswing, Elder Fury, & faster Cleave to adjust melee attacks in addition to original Fury & 2h weapon damage hits, once a FK chills monsters (reduce dodge & haste) and puts some fast Bleed stacks, they have to wait for the monster to take Bleed damage but no Seismic Shield, Smoke Bomb or Seismic Slash.

FK are the class that could really use a 0.5s periodic damage tick or a knockback group ability or a 1.0s Defend.

Both SW & FK would be helped if Haste Buffs affected periodic damage ticks. Ex: Ekixir of Speed would reduce periodic damage tick to 0.85s .

Maybe add Seismic Dagger, ice group attack with knockback, or Thunder snow, ice group attack with interrupt (like time void but slower & with damage) or Thin Ice, does bonus damage equal to all current periodic damage buffs on opponent (Rend, Runes, Food, etc.)
Bj_Knows

Re: Slow Knight

Postby Poppa » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Slow Knight

Great suggestions

Posted from my iPhone

From chat:
Inq (finally a tank in BoH) is like a luxury sedan, filed with lots of options from spirit Siesmic Slash to Radiant Light removing monster buffs to periodic damage to Spirit Strike multiple attack chance.

FW is like a muscle car with *lots* of speed, Elder Fury 3+ 2h Sword to Riposte to Smoke Bomb to Magma Jet 3+ Fire Mastery 3 (smolder 3 & improved fire crit power) to Flaming Pyre 3+ Fire Mastery 3

FK is fun in Coliseum, but having trouble in VS Monster.

Unlike WM, which has fire to compliment ice attacks, or Justi, which got Backswing, Elder Fury, & faster Cleave to adjust melee attacks in addition to original Fury & 2h weapon damage hits, once a FK chills monsters (reduce dodge & haste) and puts some fast Bleed stacks, they have to wait for the monster to take Bleed damage but no Seismic Shield, Smoke Bomb or Seismic Slash.

FK are the class that could really use a 0.5s periodic damage tick or a knockback group ability or a 1.0s Defend.

Both SW & FK would be helped if Haste Buffs affected periodic damage ticks. Ex: Ekixir of Speed would reduce periodic damage tick to 0.85s .

Maybe add Seismic Dagger, ice group attack with knockback, or Thunder snow, ice group attack with interrupt (like time void but slower & with damage) or Thin Ice, does bonus damage equal to all current periodic damage buffs on opponent (Rend, Runes, Food, etc.)

TY
Poppa

Postby Kenner » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:35 pm

First thing they need is a passive to Apply cold
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Kenner wrote:First thing they need is a passive to Apply cold

Then a knockback (that will actually get used), and a way of coping with the appalling effect of base damage being based on a 1H weapon without either Death Wish (SW) or an entire battery of DoTs and DoT damage buffs (Inq).
Illy_the_Red

Re: Slow Knight

Postby _Alien_ » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Slow Knight

Maybe add Seismic Dagger, ice group attack with knockback

Excellent, still looking for someone who efficiently users Ice Lance and also make its time smaller (like seismic or smoke bomb) and it also needs to be ready from the start of battle in pve as there are no dodge, time void, or heroic will skill in this class (was it intentional or just plainly forgotten).
_Alien_

Postby _Alien_ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:00 am

This will improve ice FK.

I also think Flurry is great skill but needs to he improved.
Flurry is as slow as SW's posion cloud but not as strong, so where it is lacking.

First make Flurry 3 make 120% damage, second make the Hypothermia dot last 3 seconds, and last make the dot do 200% and it will be similar as poison cloud and also as strong.

This will give melee FK a chance to use flurry to apply a sttonger dot and slow effect (will be better than bleed that also cause 100% damage iver 5 seconds).

Again, a multi enemy and linger knockback quicker than ice lance is needed.
_Alien_

Postby Saraa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:34 am

Alienigen wrote:

This will improve ice FK.

I also think Flurry is great skill but needs to he improved.
Flurry is as slow as SW's posion cloud but not as strong, so where it is lacking.

First make Flurry 3 make 120% damage, second make the Hypothermia dot last 3 seconds, and last make the dot do 200% and it will be similar as poison cloud and also as strong.

This will give melee FK a chance to use flurry to apply a sttonger dot and slow effect (will be better than bleed that also cause 100% damage iver 5 seconds).

Again, a multi enemy and linger knockback quicker than ice lance is needed.

I don't think that Flurry needs to be "fixed" anymore than it already has right now. Another way to apply cold is the biggest need for this class due to the high resistance rates of LoB P2, TSR P3 and to a lesser extent, SQ P3. FK has almost the same amount of utility that SW does and better power without the need of DW.
I do agree that this class needs to do away with Lance and have a group KB ability with a short cast time(like Seismic) and short knock back(FK is a naturally quick class so doesn't really need to be long) in the range of .2/.3/.4 doing minimal damage(30%?) with a cast time the same as sever or blast. Just my thoughts/opinions
Saraa

Previous

Return to Dev Blog