Frost Knight

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: Frost Knight

Postby Bbbb » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:15 am

CheMClarc wrote:Skills have been updated with current numbers for the upcoming update. All numbers are subjected to change in future updates.

The damage percentages seem low but we'll see how it plays out in practice.
Bbbb

Postby Saraa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:58 am

Considering that there is almost no way to make viable builds that are all melee or all magic based and red gems are going to have to be split somehow to account for that, these damage numbers seem way too low. Time and usage will tell, but please remember that the majority of your player base spends far more time in PvE. I know you're trying to encourage hybrid builds but this all continues to seem to be geared towards PvP...which is very discouraging IMO.

Time will tell.
Saraa

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:02 am

Numbers may seem low on paper but there is a lot of power in each of these classes. Easier to buff than the pitchforks and fire storm that comes from a nerf. ;)
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Bbbb » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:21 am

CheMClarc wrote:Numbers may seem low on paper but there is a lot of power in each of these classes. Easier to buff than the pitchforks and fire storm that comes from a nerf. ;)

:lol:

Good that you all learn lessons. The game I was playing nerfed their currency and kept increasing quest requirements with reduced payout 5 weeks ago. The forum firestorm over there is still raging and their IAP numbers are down 40%. They have near zero player goodwill now too.
Bbbb

Postby Saraa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:27 am

CheMClarc wrote:Numbers may seem low on paper but there is a lot of power in each of these classes. Easier to buff than the pitchforks and fire storm that comes from a nerf. ;)

Lol...touche, salesman. :)
Saraa

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:32 pm

Easier, perhaps, to involve some feedback at an earlier phase and get it close to right from the off? It almost sounds like you're expecting these classes to be wonky.
Illy_the_Red

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:

Easier, perhaps, to involve some feedback at an earlier phase and get it close to right from the off? It almost sounds like you're expecting these classes to be wonky.

No. We find that these are balanced but everyone has an opinion. I am sure there will be some edge case that BBBB finds through his passion of playing. Everyone always gets it right the first time right, Ily?
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:47 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:

No. We find that these are balanced but everyone has an opinion. I am sure there will be some edge case that BBBB finds through his passion of playing. Everyone always gets it right the first time right, Ily?

Since you said it, I'll bite. No, right first time isn't something everyone always does. Learning from mistakes and feedback however is something everyone does. What a few more observant players suggested was that you let them help you in advance, potentially avoiding buff/nerf situations. I'm sure 2.0 seemed completely great and balanced at the time of release, but it made mages unbelievably strong and threw balance out for a long time, requiring extensive Nerfs to correct. I don't think people mind finding unexpected things, it's something not working that they mentioned months ago that they won't let you off with.

I'm very interested to see what happens with these classes, as others have mentioned, because people don't tend to use hybrid builds as they split your damage power. Especially for the two 1H classes, I'm interested to see how they will do enough damage.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Kenner » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:15 am

Hello,

Today I tested the flurry skill and there are a few things I would like to say why this skill needs a boost.

First: at lvl 3 the damage is only 80% while the cast time is equal to basic attack (read slow).

Second: seeing the low damage for long cast time is expected hypothermia to be pretty good. No official numbers have been released but my findings are it deals 4 times 30% damage over 4 sec. This is by far not worth taking the skill.

Third: if the above two reasons arent enough at lvl 3 it doesnt even have 100% chance to trigger hypothermia but only a mere 60%.

I like the idea where buffs have a chance to Apply instead of 100% of the time (not including status resist) but make the buff worth your while. There are a few things that could be done to make this skill work.

1: halve the cast timer and make hypothermia stackable (unless it already is there is lacking much info about this skill)

2: make cast timer 0,8 times Base and give 50/75/100% chance to give hypothermia in this case al make it stackable.

3: increase damage to 120% at lvl 3 and keep hypothermia as bad as it is.

4: keep damage low and only 60% to Apply but make it deal 300/400% damage over 4 sec.
Kenner

Urgent

Postby JacynTaralax » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:20 pm

I need to speak with devs immediately
JacynTaralax

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog