Flame Warden

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: Flame Warden

Postby CheMClarc » Thu May 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Rose_Petal wrote:
CheMClarc wrote:
Rose_Petal wrote:When will we find out when the update is?

When I officially know when the update is, you will know. There's still some more stuff to announce, still some stuff to finish, still some stuff to test and then there is the submission process and queue. We will let you know as soon as we can.

You said that the update will be in May (or at least I think you did), I'm guessing that it will be later in the month?

Trying to shoot for May as intended but there's always bumps in the road or variables I cannot predict that cement our original hopes for a May release. I promise to keep everyone posted when I get a better estimate. Submission is always a tricky thing with each App Store updating their rules and regulations. Sometimes its an SDK that needs to be updated after we submit, sometimes its new thing we need to add via app stores, sometimes its the delay between communicating between with publishers etc. I'm sure everyone is excited about the new stuff (so am I) so we will get this stuff to you as soon as we can. Another post to come this week about the final features coming with this update.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby CheMClarc » Thu May 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:
TäpZíllâ wrote:I just reread the other new classes and their stuns says unavoidable as well. Will this change be implemented on the original classes as well? Or does unavoidable just mean it cannot be dodged but status resist could still come into play? Kind of confused on what unavoidable could really mean....

It's not a change, Tap. These days stuns are unavoidable - meaning they can't be dodged/blocked. They can still be resisted in the normal ways. Flame Net is just Ensnare, given a different name and with fire rather than poison. Most of the abilities on these 'new' classes are from the current three or just given slightly different names/effects, so we should adapt to them pretty quickly.

Yes, these classes are hybrids of the original classes so everyone should be able to pick them up pretty easily. Though, I believe that these do feel very different and bring some extra fun to the game you have already been enjoying for the past 4 years.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
CheMClarc

Postby Sir_TâpsØlòt » Thu May 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Jumper wrote:
for crying out loud tap.... don't you read anymore???

lol.... no wonder I always sucked at this game.... Teach me sensei please!
Sir_TâpsØlòt

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri May 13, 2016 3:44 am

CheMClarc wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:
TäpZíllâ wrote:I just reread the other new classes and their stuns says unavoidable as well. Will this change be implemented on the original classes as well? Or does unavoidable just mean it cannot be dodged but status resist could still come into play? Kind of confused on what unavoidable could really mean....

It's not a change, Tap. These days stuns are unavoidable - meaning they can't be dodged/blocked. They can still be resisted in the normal ways. Flame Net is just Ensnare, given a different name and with fire rather than poison. Most of the abilities on these 'new' classes are from the current three or just given slightly different names/effects, so we should adapt to them pretty quickly.

Yes, these classes are hybrids of the original classes so everyone should be able to pick them up pretty easily. Though, I believe that these do feel very different and bring some extra fun to the game you have already been enjoying for the past 4 years.

I think they will be fun and it will probably take a fair while to build them to high might, though we know all the shortcuts now :) we still want some new raids, quests gear etc for our big toons because one day the new ones will join them...
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Fri May 13, 2016 9:19 am

I was kinda lukewarm on the other two classes though I will be creating and playing toons for each, but I'm excited about this one. This looks awesome. Can wait to might this up and try it out in OS.

The biggest problem is that I won't have enough ability points to go around. :lol:
Bbbb

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Fri May 13, 2016 11:02 am

Bbbb wrote:I was kinda lukewarm on the other two classes though I will be creating and playing toons for each, but I'm excited about this one. This looks awesome. Can wait to might this up and try it out in OS.

The biggest problem is that I won't have enough ability points to go around. :lol:

Buy an extra build. ;0)
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby _SaiKO_ » Wed May 25, 2016 2:28 pm

Fire mastery says "increases critical hit power of fire spells by xx% and periodic damage affects by xx%". It doesn't specify which periodic affect. Will fire mastery also increase the power of caltrops?
_SaiKO_

Postby CheMClarc » Thu May 26, 2016 10:09 am

_SaiKO_ wrote:Fire mastery says "increases critical hit power of fire spells by xx% and periodic damage effects by xx%". It doesn't specify which periodic affect. Will fire mastery also increase the power of caltrops?

Someone is catching on to the little perks of the new classes. Yes, this passive will boost caltrops.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
CheMClarc

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Thu May 26, 2016 3:18 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
_SaiKO_ wrote:Fire mastery says "increases critical hit power of fire spells by xx% and periodic damage effects by xx%". It doesn't specify which periodic affect. Will fire mastery also increase the power of caltrops?

Someone is catching on to the little perks of the new classes. Yes, this passive will boost caltrops.

Wait... Caltrops is a fire attack? Is it boosted by magic/nature for SW?
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri May 27, 2016 7:22 am

It's because the ability boosts periodic damage, which is any DoT like fire or caltrops.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog