Inquisitor

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: Inquisitor

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri May 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Bbbb wrote:My concern is that this class will require too many button presses for PvE (the reason I can't stand SWs). And there has never been a good reason to carry a shield in PvE because the damage penalty was too great.

Let's just say I'm concerned this class may not be much fun in PvE especially at higher levels but am withholding judgement until I actually play it.

Now I could see this being a very interesting class for PvP but I'll only be doing that to farm.

I'm getting the impression offhand weapons won't even be an option for this class, which means reduced damage but also meaning build options could be limited. If not, it means a decision on whether to have damage output on a par with SWs (which is rubbish even with offhand) or equip a shield and nibble the enemy to death. Guess we'll have to wait and see if the DoTs are good enough to compensate. I quite like the sound of Poisoned Spirit (more damage with Nature and more crit power on Spirit).
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Fri May 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be wrote:Cloth armor is meaningless except for fashion purposes in this game because it provides as much defense as full metal armor does.

Agree - was a suggestion made in the Community thread that there isn't any real drawback to the cloth of mages versus the leather of SWs and mail of Justicars. Mages in most games are 'glass cannons' - massive damage output but can't take a lot of damage like a tanky class can. In this game, all the armours are pretty much the same, which means Defence + Armour means pretty much the same on any toon.

And weapons for all classes do the same damage, per weapon type, tier and speed.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby _SaiKO_ » Fri May 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:I'm getting the impression offhand weapons won't even be an option for this class, which means reduced damage but also meaning build options could be limited. If not, it means a decision on whether to have damage output on a par with SWs (which is rubbish even with offhand) or equip a shield and nibble the enemy to death. Guess we'll have to wait and see if the DoTs are good enough to compensate. I quite like the sound of Poisoned Spirit (more damage with Nature and more crit power on Spirit).

Seems more like a shield being used as an off hand in a way....

Totally agree with the poisoned spirit ability!!! Kinda reminds me of the old neurotoxin passive.
_SaiKO_

Postby Fara » Sat May 07, 2016 1:55 am

This looks great! Really looking forward to this update. Thx chem :)
Fara

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Wed May 11, 2016 9:28 pm

5 AoE attacks
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Raydem » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:58 pm

I don't know if already said. I think there is the choice of staff for inquisitor. So Pve would be fine. But for pvp 1H still would be the 1st choice for the ability combination with hard schield.
Raydem

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:14 pm

яaydэм wrote:I don't know if already said. I think there is the choice of staff for inquisitor. So Pve would be fine. But for pvp 1H still would be the 1st choice for the ability combination with hard schield.

Don't think they have staffs as options. There's no staff passive and a lot of their abilities are shield-based. There's also the bit where CheM says 'heavy shield holding'.

Maybe if we got some more details/patch notes/a date, we could talk about the update more...
Illy_the_Red

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:
яaydэм wrote:I don't know if already said. I think there is the choice of staff for inquisitor. So Pve would be fine. But for pvp 1H still would be the 1st choice for the ability combination with hard schield.

Don't think they have staffs as options. There's no staff passive and a lot of their abilities are shield-based. There's also the bit where CheM says 'heavy shield holding'.

Maybe if we got some more details/patch notes/a date, we could talk about the update more...

They can wield a staff.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:36 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:

They can wield a staff.

So why is anyone going to play with a shield, knowing that? Is there anything that's going to bring its damage up (I doubt it because otherwise...where's the similar SW buff?)

Can we please have some info because every new piece of info makes some of these classes sound worse every time.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Honaj » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:00 pm

Caveat I have no idea how new classes will play and it's all in the unknown %s but a 1H pvp toon is kind of intriguing. Shield bash, shield focus and stagger with maybe block enchant and health over time passive (that's one of the new prestige skills right) and you could have an absolute tank.

Plus ability to use a staff in pve? I tried to create a 1H WM and although I am not max 1H enchants, it never felt viable. Could be fun to have a 2H pve class combined with a 1H pvp class. Looking forward to seeing how the new classes shape out!
Honaj

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog