Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Jumper » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Not sure about you guys, but my SW has NEVER used smoke bomb in SR. He also has NEVER died in SR.
Jumper
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Bbbb » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Jumper wrote:Not sure about you guys, but my SW has NEVER used smoke bomb in SR. He also has NEVER died in SR.


I bet he hasn't in VG either. Wimp!
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Jumper » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Jumper wrote:Not sure about you guys, but my SW has NEVER used smoke bomb in SR. He also has NEVER died in SR.


I bet he hasn't in VG either. Wimp!


lol..... probably not ;)
Jumper
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Jawarhello » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:50 pm

To clarify, yes , my 57k sw does get poor rpp (about 9 or 10 kills) though I don't see an issue with that. I more than break even and there is plenty of room for improvement so I have no complaints about that performance.

The main point I made was that you don't need 4 elixir just to make the raid possible. You say that it is necessary to make it possible with melee. First, I still don't believe you need all four even for a melee build but more importantly...don't use a melee build. It's been established and agreed upon by everyone that he has a high physical resist so why not adjust to cope with that? And if you stick with a melee build (because you can't afford gems to switch over for example) then accept that this particular phase of this particular raid is one area where you won't excel. Not all classes and builds are supposed to be equal in every aspect and in this particular aspect, melee is the inferior build. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with that.
Jawarhello
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Jawarhello » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:53 pm

I'd also like to say, for the record, that Jump's SW is superior to everyone else in BoH so we should all follow his example
Jawarhello
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Jumper » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:57 pm

Jawarhello wrote:I'd also like to say, for the record, that Jump's SW is superior to everyone else in BoH so we should all follow his example


bnahahahahah!
Jumper
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:57 am

Jawarhello wrote:To clarify, yes , my 57k sw does get poor rpp (about 9 or 10 kills) though I don't see an issue with that. I more than break even and there is plenty of room for improvement so I have no complaints about that performance.

The main point I made was that you don't need 4 elixir just to make the raid possible. You say that it is necessary to make it possible with melee. First, I still don't believe you need all four even for a melee build but more importantly...don't use a melee build. It's been established and agreed upon by everyone that he has a high physical resist so why not adjust to cope with that? And if you stick with a melee build (because you can't afford gems to switch over for example) then accept that this particular phase of this particular raid is one area where you won't excel. Not all classes and builds are supposed to be equal in every aspect and in this particular aspect, melee is the inferior build. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with that.


I did say earlier that I'm using Poison, and do better with it. I want to make Melee work eventually though. There's no reason why it shouldn't - no prior raid has had such weirdly skewed physical/magic resist and both the new ones do.

I wasn't saying it wasn't possible, just not viable ie effective. Anyone with a high might SW should be doing 5-10 kills otherwise the build probably isn't optimal. At lower mights those kills are fine. Like I said I've been as high as 20 with the four elixirs, which is competitive with the other classes. You do need those elixirs though (possibly not the power one) to do that kind of round on DW.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Bbbb » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:19 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:I did say earlier that I'm using Poison, and do better with it. I want to make Melee work eventually though. There's no reason why it shouldn't - no prior raid has had such weirdly skewed physical/magic resist and both the new ones do.


There have been several skewed resists instances. I will go to the most obvious. The CK and Vallus resists for mages. Back in the days I was CK might, rolling into CK with a fire build was a rude awakening. Anybody remember WoF 1.0, where the last 3 phases were geared towards driving SWs, Justis and then Mages nuts one after the one?

And quit complaining about Melee SW. It's not the orphan stepchild like the PvE Ice Mage is. How many successful high might Ice Mages do you know of? The answer is 1.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:33 am

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:I did say earlier that I'm using Poison, and do better with it. I want to make Melee work eventually though. There's no reason why it shouldn't - no prior raid has had such weirdly skewed physical/magic resist and both the new ones do.


There have been several skewed resists instances. I will go to the most obvious. The CK and Vallus resists for mages. Back in the days I was CK might, rolling into CK with a fire build was a rude awakening. Anybody remember WoF 1.0, where the last 3 phases were geared towards driving SWs, Justis and then Mages nuts one after the one?

And quit complaining about Melee SW. It's not the orphan stepchild like the PvE Ice Mage is. How many successful high might Ice Mages do you know of? The answer is 1.


I remember CK being always very easy with any toon and not having any trouble with either attack type on my Mage. So it's either overstated or you're going back to much, much earlier versions of the game (before gems?)

It is the 'orphan stepchild' these days, it's pretty much useless in the new raids. You can hack away at the mobs with it but mobs are always better with poison. Melee was always effective at OS. So no, the complaints are perfectly valid. My Melee justicar isn't high enough to try, but I imagine it isn't suffering as badly as 2H damage is a nice fallback.

I don't know any wholly ice or fire mages. Not sure why you wouldn't want the synergy from Fractures. My Mage isn't far off PM might, does bigger crits than any SW will ever do already and ice spells crit just as often (I actually prefer Ice Storm to Pyre because it is quicker). In pvp, shard is an incredibly useful ability and crits for very high damage despite being a very fast attack. I fully expect to find the GV raids much easier with that toon, because captain and champion raids have been a breeze so far.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Bbbb » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:27 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:I don't know any wholly ice or fire mages. Not sure why you wouldn't want the synergy from Fractures.


Fracture is wimpy and has slow animation. A lot of mages have taken it out of the build completely for those reasons.

Also Fracture is useless in a mob build anyway.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron