Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:31 pm

Heroes!

There will be a server maintenance period on Tuesday, March 15th at 10am EDT / 2pm GMT. We anticipate a downtime of approximately a half hour to deploy some downloadable content. This update will bring you Melee Crit Gems, tweaks to the latest OS Raids and the Lucky the Leprechaun event! We thank you for your patience during this maintenance period.

Patch Notes:

General:
  • Added Melee Crit Gems and Melee Crit Power Gems to the game.
  • Melee Crit and Melee Crit Power recipes have been added as drops to the Spider Queen and Eldritch Hunter.
  • All Elemental Gems including new Melee gems have moved up a tier from Tier 7 --> Tier 8.
  • Tier 7 White Shards are now Tier 8 White Shards.
  • Removed the Intense Focus passive from the Hunter's heal.
  • Reduced the knockback of the Hunter's abilities while Rampage is active.
  • Reduced the physical resistance of most enemies in "The Rise of the Spider Queen" and "The Shadow Returns."
  • Increased Silver and Essence amounts and ranges in both "The Rise of the Spider Queen" and "The Shadow Returns."
  • Majerio got ahold of some Tragick Gems and will be selling them in the Black Market.
Bugs:
  • Addressed an issue where "The Rise of the Spider Queen" and "The Shadow Returns" quest objectives were not appearing on the quest.
  • Addressed an issue where "The Rise of the Spider Queen" and "The Shadow Returns" guild objective Trophy and Unlock descriptions were not appearing in the guild challenge menu.
  • Addressed an issue where Enraged Scorpions where dropping white shards outside of "The Rise of the Spider Queen" raid.
Lucky the Leprechaun Event:
Details on the event can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8324
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Kenner » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Is there also a change made to the crit chance increase when a elementen crit gem is used? I can imagine that t8 Will increase slightly for all toons that use only one element but for mages Who use both elements using 2 t7 crit gems still beat using one of both white gems.
Kenner

Postby Bbbb » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Kenner wrote:Is there also a change made to the crit chance increase when a elementen crit gem is used? I can imagine that t8 Will increase slightly for all toons that use only one element but for mages Who use both elements using 2 t7 crit gems still beat using one of both white gems.

There are plenty of hybrid Justi and SW out there.

Also, let's take my Mage OS build. My main rotation is 2 fire and 1 ice attack. Then Magma periodically to keep it going and incernate off of snapcast. I do have icy grasp in my build but it is a quick attack to kill an almost dead opponent - don't care about crit. I'm going to round and say 3 fire attacks for ice attacks.

Scenarios:

1. 2 t7 - 14 fire, 14 ice - 14 overall
2. 2 t8 (one each) - 8, 8 - 8 overall
3. 1 t7, 1 t8 fire - 15 fire, 7 ice - 13 overall
4. 2 t8 fire - 16 fire, 0 ice - 12 overall

So in this case, the t7s are preferred.

Now in my mob build, depending on the raid, I either Pyre, or Magma-Pyre - all fire attacks. The t8 fire gems would maybe benefit me except for PM P2 where I do go deeper into my build.

Now if you can be a pure build (only my SW is though), the t8s are a win. Still it's an improvement.
Bbbb

Postby Kenner » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Kenner wrote:Is there also a change made to the crit chance increase when a elementen crit gem is used? I can imagine that t8 Will increase slightly for all toons that use only one element but for mages Who use both elements using 2 t7 crit gems still beat using one of both white gems.

There are plenty of hybrid Justi and SW out there.

Also, let's take my Mage OS build. My main rotation is 2 fire and 1 ice attack. Then Magma periodically to keep it going and incernate off of snapcast. I do have icy grasp in my build but it is a quick attack to kill an almost dead opponent - don't care about crit. I'm going to round and say 3 fire attacks for ice attacks.

Scenarios:

1. 2 t7 - 14 fire, 14 ice - 14 overall
2. 2 t8 (one each) - 8, 8 - 8 overall
3. 1 t7, 1 t8 fire - 15 fire, 7 ice - 13 overall
4. 2 t8 fire - 16 fire, 0 ice - 12 overall

So in this case, the t7s are preferred.

Now in my mob build, depending on the raid, I either Pyre, or Magma-Pyre - all fire attacks. The t8 fire gems would maybe benefit me except for PM P2 where I do go deeper into my build.

Now if you can be a pure build (only my SW is though), the t8s are a win. Still it's an improvement.

Thanks for clarifying my point :)
Kenner

Postby Shekka » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:59 pm

CheMClarc wrote:Heroes!

There will be a server maintenance period on Tuesday, March 15th at 10am EDT / 2pm GMT. We anticipate a downtime of approximately a half hour to deploy some downloadable content. This update will bring you Melee Crit Gems, tweaks to the latest OS Raids and the Lucky the Leprechaun event! We thank you for your patience during this maintenance period.

Patch Notes:

General:
  • Melee Crit and Melee Crit Power recipes have been added as drops to the Spider Queen and Eldritch Hunter.
  • All Elemental Gems including new Melee gems have moved up a tier from Tier 7 --> Tier 8.
  • Reduced the physical resistance of most enemies in "The Rise of the Spider Queen" and "The Shadow Returns."
  • Increased Silver and Essence amounts and ranges in both "The Rise of the Spider Queen" and "The Shadow Returns."
  • Majerio got ahold of some Tragick Gems and will be selling them in the Black Market.
Bugs:
  • Addressed an issue where "The Rise of the Spider Queen" and "The Shadow Returns" quest objectives were not appearing on the quest.
  • Addressed an issue where "The Rise of the Spider Queen" and "The Shadow Returns" guild objective Trophy and Unlock descriptions were not appearing in the guild challenge menu.
  • Addressed an issue where Enraged Scorpions where dropping white shards outside of "The Rise of the Spider Queen" raid.

So, is IF completely removed then? If so, that sucks. It was nice to not have the same grind and tap as every other raid. We had to think with this one. Was a very nice change of pace. Hard, yes. But again as I've said before, it's the top raid, why should it be easy? I still say leave it as was short of giving better silver drops, and maybe increase the might disclaimer to say 41k might gets you in, but 65k might or more is recommended..

That said, I guess after the update we will see how much easier it just got..
Shekka

Postby Derrin_Watson » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:44 pm

Shekka wrote:So, is IF completely removed then? If so, that sucks. It was nice to not have the same grind and tap as every other raid. We had to think with this one. Was a very nice change of pace. Hard, yes. But again as I've said before, it's the top raid, why should it be easy? I still say leave it as was short of giving better silver drops, and maybe increase the might disclaimer to say 41k might gets you in, but 65k might or more is recommended..

I don't think that's what he said. Right now intense focus doesn't go away until the hunter successfully cast a heal, and lives to tell about it. Chem said they would remove IF from the heal. I assume that means IF will be on a timer like most abilities of that type. It all depends on the length of the timer but that sounds good to me.
Derrin_Watson

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:48 am

CheMClarc wrote:Heroes!

Patch Notes:

General:
Bugs:

Still no Physical Resist T14? Why?

Welcome the other changes, though, especially lowering the boss phys resist ratings. We'll let you know if they were lowered enough to be in line for a top tier GV raid.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Shekka » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:52 am

Derrin_Watson wrote:
Shekka wrote:So, is IF completely removed then? If so, that sucks. It was nice to not have the same grind and tap as every other raid. We had to think with this one. Was a very nice change of pace. Hard, yes. But again as I've said before, it's the top raid, why should it be easy? I still say leave it as was short of giving better silver drops, and maybe increase the might disclaimer to say 41k might gets you in, but 65k might or more is recommended..

I don't think that's what he said. Right now intense focus doesn't go away until the hunter successfully cast a heal, and lives to tell about it. Chem said they would remove IF from the heal. I assume that means IF will be on a timer like most abilities of that type. It all depends on the length of the timer but that sounds good to me.

Hopefully that's it!
Shekka

Postby Jumper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Shekka wrote:
Derrin_Watson wrote:

Hopefully that's it!

I interpreted that as Gone also.... could a dev clarify?
Jumper

Postby Derrin_Watson » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:33 pm

Shekka was correct in that inner focus is altogether gone. Resistance in general is lower. It's still a challenge. It should be. But it's much more easily doable.
Derrin_Watson

Next

Return to Game Updates