Client Update 2.6.0 - Server Maintenance

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Client Update 2.6.0 - Server Maintenance

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:22 am

Fara wrote:Justi is much easier than sw in hunter P3

Agree, Hunter P3 is really where the SWs have been nerfed, and you can't use melee in SQ either as she has massive phys resist.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Saraa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:36 am

Please, please, please do not overnerf SR P3. All the raid itself needs is for Intense focus to be modified in some way and the rewards match the difficulty of the phase. Rampage is fine, Hunter atk damage/speed is fine. Anything beyond that makes it, "just another OS phase" that presents no real threat or challenge.
Saraa

Postby _Raiden » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:37 am

DiMoSauR wrote:
_Raiden wrote:
Bbbb wrote:I understand about the Justi's issues with normal OS. However, the one time I tried on the Hunter P3 with my melee build without elixirs, it seemed on par with my mage. I'd like to hear the thoughts of a Justi guru (e.g. Salad? Derrin?) on that phase.

Im no guru but i think i do ok in hunter p3 i avg about 8-10 kills with melee build

Raiden it's not about just doing OK,it's about being competitive against other classes Kills per Wave...don't u think 2 years asking to fix it is enough?

I do agree ever since they took that one skill (i forgot the name) away we suffered . Maybe reducing our attack time will help
_Raiden

Postby _Raiden » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:13 am

Hi_Im_Sara wrote:Please, please, please do not overnerf SR P3. All the raid itself needs is for Intense focus to be modified in some way and the rewards match the difficulty of the phase. Rampage is fine, Hunter atk damage/speed is fine. Anything beyond that makes it, "just another OS phase" that presents no real threat or challenge.

Totally with sara on this just fix intense focus.
DO NOT Nerf hunter please :)
_Raiden

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:40 am

_Raiden wrote:
Hi_Im_Sara wrote:Please, please, please do not overnerf SR P3. All the raid itself needs is for Intense focus to be modified in some way and the rewards match the difficulty of the phase. Rampage is fine, Hunter atk damage/speed is fine. Anything beyond that makes it, "just another OS phase" that presents no real threat or challenge.

Totally with sara on this just fix intense focus.
DO NOT Nerf hunter please :)

Just changing Intense Focus won't fix the issues completely. No sense being wishy-washy on it. His attack speed and damage may be enough for Justicars and Mages to survive because they can heal freely. The fix needs to make it fair for all classes. Just changing intense focus sounds like something that would help out mages immensely but not SW. Justicars I'm not sure, haven't done hunter enough with mine.

Please consider everything B4, I and others have said, not just a single ability.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Fara » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:13 am

I think I'm just going to use my wm for hunter P3 from now on. Too painful with a sw, even elixired.
Fara

Postby Bbbb » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:13 am

Ilyana wrote: Just changing intense focus sounds like something that would help out mages immensely but not SW.

From the SWs I have talked to in game, they are using a poison build on this phase. It should help in 4 ways:

1. Being able to land interrupts/stuns
2. Poison Cloud DOT
3. The poisoned debuff (I don't play SW anymore so I forgot the name)
4. Neurotoxin

I'm in favor of them trying the intense focus change first to see how things go. It's nice to have a fundamentally different OS experience. Right now, there are only really 3 OS experiences in the game.

1. CoC (I realize you could argue P3 as a separate experience)
2. Hunter P3
3. KFS, LoB, Spider, Hunter P2 - I know this is 6 different phases, but the strategy is 95% the same.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:58 am

Bbbb wrote:
Ilyana wrote: Just changing intense focus sounds like something that would help out mages immensely but not SW.

From the SWs I have talked to in game, they are using a poison build on this phase. It should help in 4 ways:

1. Being able to land interrupts/stuns
2. Poison Cloud DOT
3. The poisoned debuff (I don't play SW anymore so I forgot the name)
4. Neurotoxin

I'm in favor of them trying the intense focus change first to see how things go. It's nice to have a fundamentally different OS experience. Right now, there are only really 3 OS experiences in the game.

1. CoC (I realize you could argue P3 as a separate experience)
2. Hunter P3
3. KFS, LoB, Spider, Hunter P2 - I know this is 6 different phases, but the strategy is 95% the same.

There is so much more fundamentally wrong with the phase than Intense Focus, but I've been over that elsewhere. I have tried both, the melee can get higher numbers but it's essentially pay 20gs per day. Poison works, but not particularly effectively. SW OS is based on Death Wish otherwise it's not effective. Solely changing Intense Focus is a change that will help WMs. It won't help the imbalance that has been introduced with this update. Remember Death Wish takes 1H damage and adds 50% - a lot at first glance but all it actually does is mean you can kill as effectively as a WM with the added challenge of avoiding death. The damage numbers of PM for example are very well balanced - carelessness can still kill you, but over time you develop ways of watching certain attacks, interrupting others and healing very carefully. Mages just chug through and heal whenever needed.

Neurotoxin makes very little observable difference. It's more useful as a poison version of Reflexive Strike.

With a few changes, it will be right where Venan have probably already pre-imagined it will be: challenging, but not slaying toons left and right and imbalanced so that certain classes are at an inherent disadvantage. Even after the changes it will be a fundamentally different OS experience.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Fida » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:07 pm

I would like to add my 2 cents even tho i'm not so good in os :)
My 64k spirit jc has managed to have 9 kills without dyeing.
My 62k wm 13 kills without dyeing.
My 60k poison sw 12 without dyeing without using deathwish. I tried once with dw but it's almost impossible to survive.
I don't know if this numbers are good or not, as long i survive i don't care much, but consider that i've used only haste potions, not a single elixir.
I agree that a melee sw wouldn't be xompetitive at all without dw and, as dimo said before, jc needs some tweaks to be compared to other classes in os.
I like the new raids but i would have liked more a mobs os phase and more refined and pures drops.

Cheers ;)

Ps i only did hunter p3 twice.
Fida

Postby ÎmmØrtÃl » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:17 pm

I don't suppose any of you have faced the eldritch shield... It reduces all incoming damage to 1... Lol...maxed toon... Screwing around with all these gems on my justi...died 3 times in 3 attempts .. Always 3 skulls facing me... And let me be honest...mom playing without elixirs .. Not because I can't afford them but with 81000k might with a raid first build... I should not need them... I can get bleed, fire rune, and condem all to stack x3 lol.. That damage they do is laughable... I have a lot of pride but I die more than I live but I keep swinging because my guild needs the kills more than I need the rewards.....my Mage that is 10000 might lower than my justi handles this same phase with ease.... Something is wrong with that picture... Why are only the justi cars and shadow walkers struggling? ....may Mage that is 10000 might less then my justi performs like it is 20000 might stronger.... I don't have a fix... I just know it's broken
ÎmmØrtÃl

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates