Double Essence Weekend

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Double Essence Weekend

Postby Bimbosigliere » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:21 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: Double Essence Weekend

Postby Tamspawn » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Sigèé wrote:
admin wrote:...there is something stirring in the Vile Realm that you will need to prepare for...rumors are sparse but my spider sense is tingling...



This definitely translates to an update is coming along with Tragick, with new valor, new raids, new gear, new levels and new quests, right? And pets? Excellent news!



I agree with Sigee. Now that it's definite! I for one am stoked.
Tamspawn
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Re: Double Essence Weekend

Postby Rezel » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:58 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's more likely to be a new raid than a full update.

There's a few reason the way I see it.
The last two major updates was announced a long time before they was implemented.
I believe that Venan has added a new raid into a existing tier before (Karnak). It's was before I started playing or when I was too small to be able to do that Valor tier but I'm sure someone will say if I'm right or wrong about that.
Serrated scar is the only zone in the entire game that doesn't have a raid.
A lot of long time players have said that they won't come back until a new tier is added with an onslaught raid included, if I'm right this will be a way to meet them halfway until such a time as there is a new full update.

I'm not saying there won't be other things coming but I find it very optimistic that's it's a full update complete with a new tier of gear and gems, new quests, dungeons, more hero training tombs, new guild levels and new guild favours as well as enchantments that go up to level 12.
Rezel
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:49 am

Re: Double Essence Weekend

Postby Leaxia » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:44 am

If spider senses are tingling maybe it's a new raid in Serrated Scar
Leaxia
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:19 am

Re: Double Essence Weekend

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:15 am

Rezel wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble but it's more likely to be a new raid than a full update.

There's a few reason the way I see it.
The last two major updates was announced a long time before they was implemented.
I believe that Venan has added a new raid into a existing tier before (Karnak). It's was before I started playing or when I was too small to be able to do that Valor tier but I'm sure someone will say if I'm right or wrong about that.
Serrated scar is the only zone in the entire game that doesn't have a raid.
A lot of long time players have said that they won't come back until a new tier is added with an onslaught raid included, if I'm right this will be a way to meet them halfway until such a time as there is a new full update.

I'm not saying there won't be other things coming but I find it very optimistic that's it's a full update complete with a new tier of gear and gems, new quests, dungeons, more hero training tombs, new guild levels and new guild favours as well as enchantments that go up to level 12.


I'm not sure it's optimistic after 15 months (and counting).

An OS GV raid has been a long-requested feature. It would help to liven things up, but as a standalone feature it would be too late for some. Many only have enchants to work on which isn't enough for them. I also personally think enchants beyond level 9 are highly unlikely without a radical change in the way enchants work (and are priced). I'm only a casual non-burning player and am only a handful of gems away from having three separate and very different builds with full T7 on my main. By April it will be 1.5 years since the last tier came out. While I've heard anecdotally that this is comparable to the wait players had between 1.4 and 1.5, it's still way too long.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1601
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Double Essence Weekend

Postby В_ЯдD » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:31 am

When will everyone come to reality and realize that Venan has given up on old BoH... That's just another post to get people to burn more for something they already have a ton of... Useless items and valor... Smh...
В_ЯдD
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Double Essence Weekend

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:39 pm

Ames wrote:Something stirring in the Vile Realm? Sounds tantalizing

I thought we weren't allowed to do puns of an adult nature...
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Double Essence Weekend

Postby Kenner » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:48 pm

Make a 4 phase raid in each phase facing a keeper at its strenght it has in the regular zones in onslaught mode. That way the 80k crits are usefull again
Kenner
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Double Essence Weekend

Postby Bbbb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:17 am

Ilyana wrote:By April it will be 1.5 years since the last tier came out. While I've heard anecdotally that this is comparable to the wait players had between 1.4 and 1.5, it's still way too long.


Definitely not. I am not going to dig up the version number, but here are the rough dates of the major updates:

Nov 2011 Original release
May 2012 Guilds and raids added
Fall 2012 CoC added. Adjustments to other raids (e.g. WoF)
Dec 2012 Undrain Area and 2 raids added
[The brief golden age of BoH]
Spring 2013 Guild Loyalty evilly imposed. FS and SC removed
Mid-2013 Karnak added
Dec 2013 First two parts of the vile realm
Spring 2014 HM raid and the spider area
Fall 2014 The last two parts of the vile realm

While their rate of new content has not been fast since the end of 2012, there has never been a drought that was been so long.

Even if a new raid showed up now, I think it is too little too late for most people. I am sure that many people (myself included) will come back briefly to check it out, but won't stay for long.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2084
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Double Essence Weekend

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:43 am

Bbbb wrote:
Ilyana wrote:By April it will be 1.5 years since the last tier came out. While I've heard anecdotally that this is comparable to the wait players had between 1.4 and 1.5, it's still way too long.


Definitely not. I am not going to dig up the version number, but here are the rough dates of the major updates:

Nov 2011 Original release
May 2012 Guilds and raids added
Fall 2012 CoC added. Adjustments to other raids (e.g. WoF)
Dec 2012 Undrain Area and 2 raids added
[The brief golden age of BoH]
Spring 2013 Guild Loyalty evilly imposed. FS and SC removed
Mid-2013 Karnak added
Dec 2013 First two parts of the vile realm
Spring 2014 HM raid and the spider area
Fall 2014 The last two parts of the vile realm

While their rate of new content has not been fast since the end of 2012, there has never been a drought that was been so long.

Even if a new raid showed up now, I think it is too little too late for most people. I am sure that many people (myself included) will come back briefly to check it out, but won't stay for long.


Shrug. That's why I said 'anecdotally' because I started at the very beginning of 2013 and I once heard some people say it was a long wait for 1.5.

A new raid would be nice and is probably the barest minimum anyone would expect after 14 months of 'silence' ie Space Miner focus. It will possibly be too little for some. But some I feel would not come back those days for less than a free wagon of shields..
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1601
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron