Farming Essence with Tier 18 Weapon- ARCHIVED

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Farming Essence with Tier 18 Weapon- ARCHIVED

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Best Essence drop is a)Incursion Portal Level Max, b)Portal Level 3, c)Any Vile Realm Dungeon or Portal Level 2 or LEGs Raid Phase 4, d)KFS Raid Onslaught or Any combat in Vile Realm or Portal Level 1 or VG Raid e) worst is VG Dungeon.

Note: this does not take into account 6+ CELR per 10e during LEGS/ KFS Onslaught, Pure Essence drops in Vile Realm, 0 Flux Drops in Vile Realm Dungeons.

Archived for Research
(Archive80t)
or
(80Archive)

With a Tier 18 PvP Weapon (-4% VS Monsters) or a Tier 18 multipurpose Weapon (+0% VS Monsters or PvA), this may no longer be true. Onslaught in LEGS Raid is most likely best for your character (check with Shekka for Onslaught Rotations).

With no Crafted Potions/ Food, Your character needs 1,950 RPP per 10 Energy, or higher, in LEGS Onslaught to get equal to, or greater than, the Essence from the Max level of an Incursion Portal.

This is much easier to do with Tier 18 Weapons (PvP or PvA) than with Tier 16 Weapons. Generally, Tier 18 Weapon gives you +10% to +16% to your Base Weapon Damage (Weapon Damage + [Stat Bonus * Weapon Speed] ) vs a Tier 16 Weapon, depending on your Magic/ Melee Gems and Weapon choice.

If you are farming potions, or using food, the number needs to be 28,950 RPP, unless you also need the Champion Valor from LEGS (since this is no longer Max Tier Valor). If you need Champion Valor, go ahead and use Crafted Potions/ Food

Max level of an Incursion Portal still gives better Flux, than 1,950 RPP, due to Portal Elites. But the exact number is unknown.

CV & PM Raid Essence drops are not currently analyzed, but I don't expect a lot of deviation.

Any one feeling like solving these last two paragraphs, let me know your raw data.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Farming Essence with Tier 18 Weapon

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:32 pm

Posted from my iPod

Thank you The_Simpsons.

According to this, PM Phase 2 & 3 are at least equal to the Max level of an incursion Portal. How much better would depend on refined & pure drop rate.

The_Simpsons wrote:
this is my data that i have collected on average from 3 weeks ago concerning p2-p3 pm

on P2-p3
the normal essence drops vary from 9-12 i average closer to 10-11 then refined drops from 1-6 five being closer to my average then pures 1-4 this data is even for me at least over the last few weeks this data has been gathered from 200 e pots in p2-3 over two weeks

(I mailed you this info after seeing your forum post about farming)
Bj_Knows

Essence Farming Tips (T19)

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:09 am

Subject
Essence Farming Tips (T19)

Testing BoH Mail for Tharandir

Using the mobile version of BoH Forums, copy and paste the below text into a BoH Mail:

Best Essence drop is
a) 1950+ RPP per 10e in LEGS Phase 2 & 3 with no consumables*,
b) 1950+ RPP per 10e in KFS Phase 2 & 3 with no consumables*,
c) Incursion Portal Max Level (maybe PM Phase 2 & 3**),
d) Portal Level 3,
e) Any Vile Realm Dungeon or Portal Level 2 or LEGS phase 4,
f) 100 RPP per 2e in Essence drop Raids or Any combat in Vile Realm or Portal Level 1,
g) 600 RPP, or less, per 10e in KFS or LEGs,
h) VG Dungeon on Plateau.

Ask your Guild, or BoH Forum, if you need help with this.

This is approximate & Venan can change it at any time. It does not count 0 Flux Drops in Vile Dungeon, 5+ GS Drop in Vile Dungeons, & Pure Essence drops while Hunting Keepers.

*T18/ T19 Weapon makes this is much easier. Depending on RPP, a & b may be reversed. 28950+ RPP per 10e if using Crafted Potions or Food.

**per The_Simpsons BoH Mail

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7410

to copy & paste above link, hit the mail Forward button.

Note: This may have changed, but Before Tier 6 Shards, Vile Realm dropped most Gold Shields (GS) per 2 Energy (2e) of any map. Vile Realm includes Dungeons, Raids and Endless Zones on its map. Additionally to the GS per 2e, Vile Dungeons had a rare Boss Chest Drop of GS. Keepers had a 1/800e chance of appearing (after completing Keeper Quest and before getting it). Keepers have a common 1 GS drop up to an ultra rare 10 GS drop.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Farming Essence with Tier 18 Weapon

Postby Bbbb » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:57 pm

smh

PM P2/3 is heads and shoulders better than anything else (Note: this is with me doing 9K+ RPP in LoB OS). The refined/pure drop rate is so much higher than anything else which means you can use it without the refining step (the bottleneck). The only other raid phases I will even hit on my main toons are CV P3 and LoB P2-4. Note: this is with me doing 9K in LoB OS.

KFS IMHO is useless. All junk essence that needs to be refined and it is rather easy to end up with refining backlogs of weeks or months. I've got over 100K of the stuff already.

28950+ RPP per 10e if using Crafted Potions or Food.

Where did that come from???? That's 193 kills. The record for LoB is somewhere in the 100-105 range. KFS wouldn't be much high.
Bbbb

GS in Vile Realm

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:30 am

Subject
Latest Edit- GS in Vile Realm

Bj_Knows wrote:Note: Before Tier 6 Shards, this may have changed, Vile Realm dropped most Gold Shields (GS) per 2 Energy (2e) of any map. Vile Realm includes Dungeons, Raids and Endless Zones on its map. Additionally to the GS per 2e, Vile Dungeons had a rare Boss Chest Drop of GS. Keepers had a 1/800e chance of appearing (after completing Keeper Quest and before getting it). Keepers have a common 1 GS drop up to an ultra rare 10 GS drop.
Bj_Knows

Return to Discussions