Deathwing Raiders(with Raid Schedule)

Looking for a guild or looking for members? Meet up here!

League based PvP GL & GS Incentive

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:I wish PvP versus Guild mates gave Guild Loyalty (Challenges or Ranked Bouts, Note 1), and Weekly PvP Rewards included 1 GS per bout that week.

Remembered Beta PvP Zombies.

New Idea, Guild Loyalty and GS are multiplied by your League:

Leauge, GS per Bout/ GL per Guildmate Challenge/ GL per Guildmate Ranked Match
Bronze, 1, 1, 2
Silver 1.5, 1.5, 3
Gold 1.75, 1.75, 3.5
Platinum 2/ 2/ 4
Masters 10/ 10/ 20

Including GS & Guild Loyalty in Weekly Reward Mail would also help with rounding.
Bj_Knows

Re: Enchanter's Lockbox or 500 Marks

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Subject
Enchanter's Lockbox too rich for my blood or What can you buy with 500 Marks.

Having fun in PvP (even when the occasional 2h Justicars and high Magic Fire Mages 1 shot me) so I decided to spend some Marks in the Enchanter's Lockbox (maybe improve my Enchants). Wow. 500 Marks. That is half of most Enchant Recipes or 1/35th of a Tier 18 Staff. Maybe if CJ gets Masters she will let me spend some of her Marks in Enchanter's Lockbox, but it is too expensive for Cassidy. Especially with Tier 20 PvP Gear coming Dec/ Jan. Cassidy wants a T20 Coliseum Gear Ring since she missed out on Karnak's Ring and Amulet of Ironhaven being Max Tier Gear (CJ still wants Armored Bunny Slippers).
Bj_Knows

Re: Deathwing Raiders(with Raid Schedule)

Postby Mr_Op » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:54 pm

Talking about the enchanter lockbox it has been kind to me i spent 135k marks on it and made almost 150 pures
Mr_Op

Unknown Hero for DWR and TGWNMTK

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:37 am

Subject
Unknown Hero for Deathwing Raiders and Things Guilds Were Not Meant To Know

With the latest version of Unknown Hero (Note 1), both Guilds will be using this Strategy:

Raid A is the Unlock Raid to unlock the next higher Raid. If their is no Unlock Raid, or no Guild Members can run it, Raid A shall be the Highest Might 4.5 hour Raid the Guild can start, but cannot finish, and will be started 3.5 hours before Unknown Hero for maximum energy regeneration and Raid Rewards. Guild Members will spend as much Energy as they want in this Raid.

LEGs for DWR
VG for TGWNMTK

Raid B is Crypt started 1 hour before Unknown Hero. Guild Members will spend 4e in Crypt to get silver coin, max Loot Drops and Undead Ichor.

Crypt for DWR

Raid C is the 1-hit Raid for MVP Feat started 1 hour before Unknown Hero. Guild Members will spend 2e in whichever is the highest Raid *all* Guild Members can join:

VG for Bacon chance, Flux chance, Essence, silver coin and HT,
WoF for Fell Leaves chance, silver coin and HT,
Vallus for Polar Melt chance, silver coin and HT,
Zuur for Mountain Lichen chance, silver coin and HT.

If some members cannot run Zuur, then the highest Raid they can run.

Vallus for DWR
Zuur for TGWNMTK (and Kraken since TGWNMTK members can Merc Crypt at DWR and DWR members can 1-Hit Merc Kraken at TGWNMTK)

Currently Raid List (3 Guild, 3 Merced):

No Limit (Start 3.5 hours ahead)
LEGs for DWR
VG for TGWNMTK

4e
Crypt for DWR

1-Hit
Vallus for DWR
Zuur for TGWNMTK
Kraken for TGWNMTK

Note 1)
Bj_Knows wrote:For Guild Officers:
If true, discourages running high level Raids for Power, instead run low level Raids for 100 way tie for first place and Raids that drop Materials (Zuur, Vallus, WoF, Essence Raids, etc.). Any Raids for Guild Power should be finished at least 15 minutes before announced Unknown Hero appearance.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=43588#p43588
Bj_Knows

X Wins in PvP Weekly

Postby Bj_DWR » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:23 am

Subject
X Wins in PvP Weekly

Posted from my phone

Personally I would pay Venan $10 USD per month if they would just remove the "X Wins in PvP" Weekly Quest. Lots of people do the "X Losses or Wins" Weekly for the rewards, but many of my friends refuse to PvP during this Weekly.
Bj_DWR

Ice Mastery rank 1- 3p

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:41 am

Subject
Ice Mastery rank 1- 3 passive

I have dropped Ice Mastery from all my Builds, including my Coliseum Build and my new SuperCrypt/ Keeper build.

Since they nerfed the increased Slow (too OP early in Bout), and random Stun (too random, OP or UP depending on RNG), it is pretty useless in current BoH. I think Fire Mastery, Ice Mastery, Snap Cast, and Arcane Shield could use a serious reboot. If you really want to piss off the PvPers, you could split my one ability idea of Thermal Shock into two separate abilities Glacier Tap and Volcano Tap, giving Mages two snap casts per PvP Bout and drop Fire Mastery, Ice Master and Snap Cast. I love the Thermal Shock idea, since it adds more tactics to PvP, but Venan is currently leaning towards single abilities. I am surprised Fire Mastery still has two functions. But as long as it does, Fire Mastery rank 3p is a must for most Mage Builds. If they do add Thermal Shock as suggested, I would love to see Shadow Walkers and Justicar get class abilities with same cool down but two options.
Bj_Knows

PvP Quests & Decay

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Bj_DWR wrote: Lots of people do the "X Losses or Wins" Weekly for the rewards, but many of my friends refuse to PvP during this Weekly.

FORK! Threw my phone across the room during lunch. 5th straight loss. Since all my friends abandoned PvP this week, not much hope in sight. The Rating decay is also hurting. Since there is not a PvP Weekly Quest each week, stronger PvE players drop into PvP only when the rewards are good, but their PvP Rating does not reflect their actual skill since it has decayed since the last time they were in PvP. Season 3 reset increased the problem, but after a few more Weekly PvP Quests, at least the Season 3 reset should go the heck to the nether reaches of the drawer next to the infernal forks. Fork! I should have listened to CJ and switched to Titans this week.

Update 11th straight loss.
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: 11th straight loss
Bj_Knows

Multiple Character Wardrobe & T19 Quests

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Subject
Multiple Character Wardrobe & T19 Quests

In a series of emails Bj_Knows wrote:I definitely tweaked my shoulder chasing T19 Weapons, and Tragick Eye Sets, on five characters. The therapy bills will probably be more than buying the things with GS would have been. Between your job situation, and mine, I think we should concentrate on your Justicar. Using GS, and seasonal currency from the event, to get your Justicar all the Max Tier Gear, and Prestige Sets is the best use of our limited time, and cash, budget since you are still raiding with NBW.

Lean War Mage Cassidy is cheaper to upgrade than my characters with gems in all 40 slots (BarbSpice, Agatha and Zeetha). All my full gem slot characters were members of SPOONS!!, which is no more, so I will not be Raiding with the characters. I think I will keep doing seasonal lockbox with Cassidy, she managed to get Raja from it. That will free up time to go on Ingress Mission field trips with mom since it is less of a time sink. She never took to BoH, because it was so grindy and Raids were so many people, so repetitive, and so long, but she wants to go to Gettysburg for Ingress Missions created by the players.

I cannot believe BoH does not even have a limited version trade after all these years, since me, you and mom play video games in a totally different manner. We even like different Crafted Potions in BoH. BoH Gear I would just sell for silver coin, you and mom actually needed and vice versa. I would love to give Bunni the T16 Giant Cleaver from WereChef since Agatha *already has* a T16 Staff. Swapping with you, and mom, in Ingress clears out my Mod and power cube inventories.

It breaks my heart to ignore my favorite BoH class, the Shadow Walker. You never cared for Shadow Walkers and the War Mage class has such a huge advantage with Fire and Ice Builds using the same Gems. I just rebuild my Crypt Build (750 RPP per 4e) into a Super Crypt Build ( 1500 RPP per 4e in Phase 1 & 2) that also works versus Vile Mobs & Keepers. It costs nothing to switch from Fire to Ice to Hybrid, but it costs a crapton of new Valor to replace all those Melee, or Magic Gems, on a Justicar or Shadow Walker character. I’ll stick with Lean War Mage Cassidy and let you chase the Max Tier Gems for your Justicar. (start joking) Shadow Walker BarbSpice can just sit in the Mucky Duck keeping her fellow Space Miner Collette company (end joking)(I need to make another high score run in Space Miner: Space ORE Bust by Venan).

redpill & japster were right about gems all along. Like they said in BoH v1.1, Hit fast, hit hard, and no need for Health Potions. If I ever play Shadow Walker, or Justicar, again, I will have to get rid of lots of blue and red gems. I wish you could spend 2 GS and swap one gem for another gem of the same Tier.

Pirates was easier on my shoulder than WereChef due to the 24/7 nature of the event. We could even schedule Pirates around dad’s birthday party, unlike the funny looks from relatives when we ran off during the Christmas party to run HoliGob,

Roof repair might eat into War Mage Cassidy’s HoliGob/ “Venan Thank You” GS Budget depending on how much your Justicar needs in GS for Halloween. BarbSpice, Agatha & Zeetha are just going with free ornaments from Abe the Snowman this year.

I love the Prestige Sets. The art is awespoon. It would be nice if you could pay 2GS to unlock it on that character’s Wardrobe, and 10 GS to unlock it on every Wardrobe on that Venan ID (excluding the characters that do not have the item in Wardrobe). I would definitely pay 10 GS to unlock Raja on Bj_DWR’s other four character slots.

Cassidy finally reaching Level 35 was a two edged sword, she unlocked the Cursed Heart Staff, which has some of the BEST darn art in the entire game (especially on Mom’s iPad 3) but the rest of her armor is T14. It would be nice if there was a Quest for Max Tier Seasonal Gear. The T19 Quests, I guess now T21, would last 30 days. Completing it would require X% of the Gears Cost in Seasonal Currency, Y Bouts in PvP (social game play) and Z Raids Reports with a minimum RPP in Merced Raids (social game play). The Store would stay open for the same time as the T21 Quest in case a character was short the X% of Seasonal Currency. Ex: T19 Shark Leather Gloves cost 8k Doubloons. You could win them in the lockbox, buy them with Doubloons (Raid Rewards or GS) or complete the 30 day Shark Leather Glove Quest. The Shark Leather Glove Quest would require 2.4k Doubloons, 90 PvP Bouts, and 20 Raid Reports with 1225 RPP in Merced Raids. If you completed the 90 Bouts and 20 Raid Reports, but only had 2k Doubloons, you could by 400 from the Shop.

Since I like multiple characters, every time you got the Gear on one character, the same Seasonal Gear would become 20% cheaper for the remaining characters on the same Venan ID. If BarbSpice got the Shark Leather Gloves, Agatha and Zeetha would only need 6.4k Doubloons to buy it or 1.92k Doubloons, 72 Bouts and 16 Raid Reports for the Quest.

Leaving the Captain Johnny’s shop open 30 days would also let people keep gambling with the Lockbox, and buying Gear with GS financed Doubloons if their budget doesn’t let them buy it the 10 days of the event. But Darkthorn’s Pirates Raids would still end at their normal time.

Some sort of way to get T20 Gear easier, the longer it is out, would also help a lot.

Was excited about Space Miner Wars (also freemium from Venan), but you, mom and I use the same iTunes account, and always have. When I tried to play SMW, it says “You can only play this on one device at a time.”

In Ingress, mom likes swapping Gear & running player created content now that her Agent has Max Tier Gear. And buying up all the Ingress merchandise she can. I cannot believe she bought the polyhedron dice for the other team. Our team yes, but the blue team? At least the Ingress External Battery pack for mobile devices lets you pick LED patterns for Enlightened, Resistance, or neutral. Reminds me, I need to buy a green Ingress hoodie to match yours. There is still no BoH merchandise. I want my Lord Vallus mug.

Since Ingress special events are a month long, might try and talk mom into trying one in the Spring since there are no BoH 10 day events at that time.

The team build trip was nice. Only needing a group of 8 players for Max Tier Gear, or 3 players for near max tier Gear, which helps keep it manageable, unlike trying to get all the DWR members to show up for The Forgotten Sentinels Raid. It was an awespoon salmon entrée at the museum café after completing the loot farming & player created missions.

I got two more points for my mission badge. That last player created mission should have been worth 5 points not 1 point. I don’t know what the Ingress Devs were thinking when they put together the mission editor. If my 1 point mission for NWAM isn’t approved by the Mods, I will ask PlatinumHulk for his Mod approved mission building tips. Still no player created content in BoH. I hear Fallout 4 will have player created content.

It felt good to meet new players and give them rare loot drops our Agent profiles don’t need anymore. The new players will really appreciate the rare blue capsules once they understand farming keys to create fields & level in game. There was no real way to help the low level DWR members since we were running higher Tier Valor Raids like Forgotten Sentinels. Public Raids only magnify several flaws in the current Raid model. If you have to stick with crazy Raid sizes, too bad they cannot set cool downs by Raid Cap. Currently you can run 100 characters through Primal Mysteries every 4.5 hours. If you had different cool downs, the cool down for 100 Cap PM could be 13.5 hours, 40 Cap PM could be 5.4 hours and 20 Cap PM could be 2.7 hours. You could still run 1 character through PM every 27 minutes, but larger Cap PM Raid would happen less often then smaller Cap PM raids.

I will swap your Agent profile more very rare Mods and max level XMP Bursters (& power cubes), once I have built up my Agent’s inventory. I could not pass up a swap for two very rare MUFG capsules (I don’t think they were really from Japan loot drops, but I don’t care). There is still no way to trade extra Raja’s, or eye patches, our characters didn’t need in BoH, but still charged full price in the Seasonal Shop to buy Tier 13 Gear when we have full T16 Gear.

Bj_Knows

Casual Players skipping Daily Marks Bonus?

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:15 am

My opponent pool was decent around TLaPD & Undead Invasion, but now that full T19 is out, casual PvP players seem to be skipping even their 4 Bouts for Daily Marks Bonus. Could also be RL (exams, end of term, Holiday Season, etc.) Might stop playing BoH until HoliGob if I keep meeting same PvP characters over & over & over &... You get the idea. PvP was keeping it interesting, but not anymore. Also absolutely sick of selling Caliban's T6 Dodge Gems for silver & trying to get T6 Phys Resist from Yodrin.
Bj_Knows

GS Raffle Tickets & Adverts

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:07 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:
Bj_Knows wrote:I wish PvP versus Guild mates gave Guild Loyalty (Challenges or Ranked Bouts, Note 1), and Weekly PvP Rewards included 1 GS per bout that week.

Remembered Beta PvP Zombies.

New Idea, Guild Loyalty and GS are multiplied by your League:

Leauge, GS per Bout/ GL per Guildmate Challenge/ GL per Guildmate Ranked Match
Bronze, 1, 1, 2
Silver 1.5, 1.5, 3
Gold 1.75, 1.75, 3.5
Platinum 2/ 2/ 4
Masters 10/ 10/ 20

Including GS & Guild Loyalty in Weekly Reward Mail would also help with rounding.

Between $200 Megamillions (government program funding) & Fundraisers (charity), there are a lot of talk about gambling to raise money for a good cause this week at my work.

Instead of the above being GS per Bout, make it GS Raffle Tickets per Bout. Add a PvP Lockbox that takes 5 GS Raffle Tickets per chance, with same payouts as 5 GS Golden Lockbox. Either pay out Tickets after each Bout, in weekly PvP Rewards, or 50% after each Bout & 50% in weekly PvP Rewards. The Raffle would be another place for Adverts to subsidize PvP. Ex: Dick's Sporting Goods Golden Lockbox & Dick's Sporting Goods Golden Raffle Tickets.
Bj_Knows

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Recruiting