Client Update 2.5.1 - Server Maintenance

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Enchant Change

Postby Jumper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:00 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Just like most stores, BoH has a return policy. It is 3 days on applicable items. If you transferred an enchant within 3 days of the change, please contact Customer Service through the game button (not a Forum post) and they will fix it.

Unfortunately the answer comes unofficially from a mod and not a Dev.

For the record, On august 4th I asked in features and suggestions whether an imminent reduction of transfer costs was coming or was even in the talks, I was interested in experimenting with tier 9 enchants.

I waited over a month for a reply, and nothing came of it.... weird right? Then out of the blue, they reduce costs????? Clearly there was talk of reduction of costs, Clearly the choice was made to ignore requests for information. What I'm asking is why was this the case? A 40% reduction in enchant cost is NOT a tiny tweak. How long does it take you to collect 800 pe? well I takes me a long time.

The second question you actually answered. The 3 day return policy (Again unofficial coming from a mod and not dev) I have never heard of before and is surely not advertised. With this I can transfer enchants, try them out and just ask for a refund after 3 days? That makes experimenting possible and I'm sure CS is not interested in changing my enchants every 3 days.... or are they?
Jumper

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:14 pm

Jumper wrote:
Bj_Knows wrote:Just like most stores, BoH has a return policy. It is 3 days on applicable items. If you transferred an enchant within 3 days of the change, please contact Customer Service through the game button (not a Forum post) and they will fix it.

Unfortunately the answer comes unofficially from a mod and not a Dev.

For the record, On august 4th I asked in features and suggestions whether an imminent reduction of transfer costs was coming or was even in the talks, I was interested in experimenting with tier 9 enchants.

I waited over a month for a reply, and nothing came of it.... weird right? Then out of the blue, they reduce costs????? Clearly there was talk of reduction of costs, Clearly the choice was made to ignore requests for information. What I'm asking is why was this the case? A 40% reduction in enchant cost is NOT a tiny tweak. How long does it take you to collect 800 pe? well I takes me a long time.

The second question you actually answered. The 3 day return policy (Again unofficial coming from a mod and not dev) I have never heard of before and is surely not advertised. With this I can transfer enchants, try them out and just ask for a refund after 3 days? That makes experimenting possible and I'm sure CS is not interested in changing my enchants every 3 days.... or are they?

Totally agree, 500 pure might not sound like much but it took a while to accumulate. I've also never heard of this 3 day policy. I have only needed to use CS once, to ask if the resolve pot I accidentally used could be refunded, and they very nicely gave it back. This is different though. These reductions were clearly in the works for a while, we just weren't told until we started cracking and using our stockpiles (and gold shields, more importantly).
Illy_the_Red

Re: Client Update 2.5.1 - Server Maintenance

Postby Bbbb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 pm

I knew that there was a 3 day policy on store purchases a couple years ago. Don't know if it is still in effect. Also, don't know that it applies to enchants.
Bbbb

Postby CheMClarc » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am

Our 72 hour return policy is for players who accidentally purchased the wrong item on their character from one of our shops. For example, if a player accidentally purchased the wrong gem for their character or a piece of gear they already had, we will remove the item and refund the character the currency to make the correct purchase that they originally wanted.

Our policy does not cover enchanting due to the clear understanding of what it takes to create the enchantment and the associated build time. We added the transfer option to allow players to move their enchantments to better gear so their efforts were not wasted applying it to a previously earned item. The feature also allows experimenting with different play styles which is in a better state now due to the recent reduction.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:24 am

CheMClarc wrote:

Our 72 hour return policy is for players who accidentally purchased the wrong item on their character from one of our shops. For example, if a player accidentally purchased the wrong gem for their character or a piece of gear they already had, we will remove the item and refund the character the currency to make the correct purchase that they originally wanted.

Our policy does not cover enchanting due to the clear understanding of what it takes to create the enchantment and the associated build time. We added the transfer option to allow players to move their enchantments to better gear so their efforts were not wasted applying it to a previously earned item. The feature also allows experimenting with different play styles which is in a better state now due to the recent reduction.

You still read multiple comments from multiple people asking for details on whether a change was coming or if we were talking to a wall. Dropping the enchant costs was a great thing, but it took a long long time. All the while no word on it so most people started giving up and using their stockpiles. Venan should not be surprised that we're concerned that we didn't get any kind of indication or warning.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Mr_Op » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:51 am

I don't really have much to say here, but Cs has always been kind to me either refunding gear as chem explained or returning deleted toons.

We probaly have one of the better Cs systems in all app gaming I don't have a lot to day about dev interaction but just with my experiences with Cs it has always been good.... Except for denying my 37 mod applications .... Me and Bims would be the bestest mods ever promise
Mr_Op

Postby Bimbosigliere » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:00 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Bbbb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:19 pm

Sorry, can't vote for you without perma-silences for all guild recruiting ads.

I think every single person in my iggy list currently is in there for RP or recruiting ads including the GM of a top guild.
Bbbb

Postby Sigèé » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:37 pm

What does the 2.5.2 client give us?
Sigèé

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:53 am

Sigèé wrote:What does the 2.5.2 client give us?

This was an update to our marketing screenshots and icon for the App store. It is an optional update for players already on 2.5.1. New users that download the game will be on the compatible 2.5.2.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Previous

Return to Game Updates