Client Update 2.5.1 - Server Maintenance

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Client Update 2.5.1 - Server Maintenance

Postby Jumper » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:50 am

CrzyHopper wrote:It was obviously a business decision to not tell players of the discount. Don't forget, it may be a game to us but it's a "product" for Venan.

OHhhhhhhhhhhh you mean they don't give a crap about their clients! I get it.... great business, great communications, perfect..... They can rely on my further monetary support....pffffffffffffffff
Jumper

Postby Cletus » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:35 pm

If you go into Walmart to buy a TV do you really expect them to say STOP don't buy that, it's going to be 30% cheaper next week??

I really don't understand the logic of people thinking Venan owes us a notification that they will be changing a price. Additionally is it possible that maybe the cost change was a last second change? Maybe they didn't have time to communicate this sooner.

Honestly I think sometimes we are a bit spoiled by how much interaction we get with the devs.. I personally haven't played many other games like this but I couldn't imagine writing EA an angry mail about how slow they made my Colts in the new Madden and expecting them to change things all the time.

Appreciate that they do listen and adjust to some of our complaints. And forward the rest of your complaints to Lord_Garic.
Cletus

Postby Jumper » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:01 pm

Cletus wrote:If you go into Walmart to buy a TV do you really expect them to say STOP don't buy that, it's going to be 30% cheaper next week??

I really don't understand the logic of people thinking Venan owes us a notification that they will be changing a price. Additionally is it possible that maybe the cost change was a last second change? Maybe they didn't have time to communicate this sooner.

Honestly I think sometimes we are a bit spoiled by how much interaction we get with the devs.. I personally haven't played many other games like this but I couldn't imagine writing EA an angry mail about how slow they made my Colts in the new Madden and expecting them to change things all the time.

Appreciate that they do listen and adjust to some of our complaints. And forward the rest of your complaints to Lord_Garic.

Are you nuts???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I return the tv and rebuy it next week. If it's $30 off fine but 40% discout, you bet your ......... I do.

Besides, most stores have a 30 price guarantee, if they don't they suck.
Last edited by Jumper on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumper

Postby Bbbb » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Cletus wrote:Honestly I think sometimes we are a bit spoiled by how much interaction we get with the devs..

I don't know if spoiled is the right word. If Venan had Zygna's CS, BoH would probably be history by now as enough spenders would have gotten ticked off and walked.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:34 pm

Cletus wrote:If you go into Walmart to buy a TV do you really expect them to say STOP don't buy that, it's going to be 30% cheaper next week??

Actually Cletus, a lot of stores advertise SALE COMING in the windows, some have regular sale times outside of the usual ones like post-xmas and some have very nice staff that tell you that item will be cheaper if you do x or come back next week. These places make obscene amounts of money by enticing customers in. Despite the bargains people actually end up spending more, not less.

It's actually very good business sense to market things like this. Offers and sales are how a lot of businesses make money. Supermarkets have it nailed with their '3 for 2' offers etc. It's one of the most tried and tested marketing tricks. So it's naive to think that we're 'spoilt' because we want a little notice. It's like Venan waited until everyone had given up and then dropped enchant/transfer prices.

Also, how is this a high level of interaction? The occasional forum post hardly qualifies. For some reason that makes me think of the Lilt advert where a man on a bike gets stuck behind a solitary bus and exclaims 'total gridlock!!'
Illy_the_Red

Postby Sparklefarkle » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:17 am

I would buy mugs/Tshirts and definitely posters if they became available.
Sparklefarkle

Postby Bbbb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:10 am

gem_dragondreamer wrote:I would buy mugs/Tshirts and definitely posters if they became available.

Which posters? Illyana? Jumper? B_Rad? :D
Bbbb

Postby Jumper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:01 am

Bbbb wrote:
gem_dragondreamer wrote:I would buy mugs/Tshirts and definitely posters if they became available.

Which posters? Illyana? Jumper? B_Rad? :D

lol... I know you'd buy a Jumper!
Jumper

Enchant Change

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Jumper wrote:I return the tv and rebuy it next week.

Just like most stores, BoH has a return policy. It is 3 days on applicable items. If you transferred an enchant within 3 days of the change, please contact Customer Service through the game button (not a Forum post) and they will fix it.

Cletus wrote:I really don't understand the logic of people thinking Venan owes us a notification that they will be changing a price. Additionally is it possible that maybe the cost change was a last second change? Maybe they didn't have time to communicate this sooner.

Changes in the game depend on Venan's Servers, Apple's review team, Verizon's Build team, AT&T's Build team, Sprint's Build Team, T-Mobiles' Build Team, Apples currency team, Android's currency team, Kindle's currency team, etc. Half the time I am surprised mobile MMOs work at all. Not surprisingly, some game changes, and timing of announcements, are not under Venan's control. Anyone who has waited outside a movie theater for the last of their friends to show up as the movie is about to start, will understand this feeling.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
Venan has been working on BoH for 8 years now, they do the best they can for a teeny tiny itty bitty game studio.

On a tangent: It is AWESPOON that Venan can do hot server updates. I remember when they had to take the server down for 15 minutes to 2 hours to do *any* server fix. Go Venan Server Team!!
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: expanded timing of announcement section.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:35 pm

GemDD10gunsalute wrote:I would buy mugs/Tshirts and definitely posters if they became available.

Still want my full length Lord Vallus poster. The full art on most Head shots in the game is AWESPOON. Even if Amber, Colette, Daedalus, and other Quest Givers get a little exaggerated. It is the same fantastic people that brought you Space Miner: Space ORE Bust art.
Bj_Knows

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates