Quick combat buttons

What would you like to see in future updates?

Quick combat buttons

Postby DarkLondon » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 am

Could there be an option to customise the combat buttons, so that I can see my five most used moves at the bottom of the screen. My current combat method needs me to select several tabs for attacks and the suggested method could reduce my button presses by half if I could select them straight away

Thanks
DarkLondon

Re: Quick combat buttons

Postby Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:06 am

You are just full of good ideas. ;) +1
Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz

Postby MochaNinja » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:55 am

Yeaa +1
MochaNinja

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:06 am

+1

This would greatly improve gameplay for me. Hitting the same 5 buttons can get very boring, but having a combat preset would be awesome!

What would be GREAT is if we could have a preset for each battle type, you know, if we are fighting a mob, its the "mob" preset, and then each boss could have a preset for that particular boss, and maybe we could set up the presets in options, make a "Presets" section?

But hell, just a single preset that could be edited, would be AWESOME!
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Postby Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:49 am

Jetras_of_Eld wrote:+1

This would greatly improve gameplay for me. Hitting the same 5 buttons can get very boring, but having a combat preset would be awesome!

What would be GREAT is if we could have a preset for each battle type, you know, if we are fighting a mob, its the "mob" preset, and then each boss could have a preset for that particular boss, and maybe we could set up the presets in options, make a "Presets" section?

But hell, just a single preset that could be edited, would be AWESOME!

I don't think that's what the original poster was saying exactly, but that's a good idea too. If that is implemented I'd like to see it so you could custimize multiple of them and just click on the one you want, because I do different sequences of attacks depending on how much time is left before the guy is about to hit me.
Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz

Postby AoW_TechnoBlitz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:34 pm

The only problem with this idea although great. What would hapoen if your low on health but in the middle of preset?
Or if your enemy doesn't attack the same way everytime? How would you change your attack?
AoW_TechnoBlitz

Postby EE_Ged » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Really good idea
EE_Ged

Re: Activating Buttons with a Slide Up- Merged

Postby john12345 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:02 pm

nice idea (Edit: Slide Up) and I would come even further.

I would like to have optional speed mode for players that 'know what they do'. I mean SINGLE press triggering action. this mode should be able to be configured by experienced players that confident enough to be sure they hit right button.

second proposal:
currently abilities grouped by single target, area attack and self affecting abilities.
when pressing one of these - sub menu opens and u choose specific ability to activate.

I would like to have one configurable ALWAYS ON panel with a few favorite abilities I choose from all groups.
In that way activating favorite ability will take one button press instead of 3 presses now(open group and double tap ability button). of course current groups/buttons should be also available along with favorites panel just in case u want to activate rarely used ability which isn't in ur favorites panel. say break rune in wof p4.

this kind of gui is more popular in pc games when u can assign to keyboard numbers quick favorite actions which still available to activate in long regular way.

for me this mode will be especially useful when I raiding onslaught for example karnak and want to burn my e and gs as quick as possible.

in general, this mode probably will be less important for free player and more for burner.
free player performs relatively small amount of actions by dumping his say 50e in raid for example. after this he going to chat or to rest or whatever until his toon recharges say for a hour.
burner dumping e during hours without break. so he would really prefer the process of dumping more easy and requiring less effort(button pushes)
john12345

Re: Activating Buttons with a Slide Up- Merged

Postby DreamingDæmon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 pm

A toggle for single-tap-activate as described by John would be great. When travelling or for quick e dumps, current setup is fine, but a single-tap would be much easier for prolonged periods, RPP races, pushes against time etc.
An easy toggle would be essential, this is something that I would imagine a lot of players would wabt sometimes but not others. When bouncing along on a crowded train with people jostling from all sides, it might not be ideal...
DreamingDæmon

Postby WM_Aristobulous » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:07 pm

I would *really* like an option to choose the computer's default attack when the network drops my signal: ie "choose fastest attack" or "choose defensive" or "choose from x skill tree over y" etc. As a mage, I've never willingly chosen a physical attack like staff, Id rather waste a defence posture than an entire 1.3 sec move.
WM_Aristobulous

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions