switching between characters

What would you like to see in future updates?

switching between characters

Postby G405T » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 am

hi venan first off what a great game! kudo to the entire venan team!

back to business now... i have been playing with two characters for two months and i find it very inconvenient to switch between the two, needing to entirely quit BoH and restart the game again to get to my other character. wouldnt it be awesome to put an option under the Settings menu and do just that?

just my 2 cents :)
G405T

Re: switching between characters

Postby Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:46 pm

I totally agree. I only have 1 toon currently, but when I had multiple that was annoying.
Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz

Postby Th8rgoddess » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:00 pm

A "Character List" link on the settings screen would be epic!
Th8rgoddess

Postby routters » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:55 pm

+1
routters

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:22 am

+1

How about:

Resume
Options
Help
Exit Game
Switch Character
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Character switch suggestion

Postby DarkWolfclaw » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:49 pm

I don't know if this is a good suggestion or a good feature or not, but I would love to get a feature that lets me switch from one character to another more quickly like for example if I'm on my justicar character and I want to switch to a different character like my shadow walker, I could hit a switch character button and my other characters appear on the screen then I choose the one I want to switch to and it automatically switches to that character. I would love to have this feature because it would take a lot less time to go from one character to another than the current way which is exiting to the main menu then hitting play again then hitting the character you want to play as. I hope you put my feature suggestion in the game or at least consider it!

thank you for the oppourtunity to make a suggestion.

~{DarkWolfclaw}~
DarkWolfclaw

Re: Character switch suggestion

Postby Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:17 pm

+1
Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz

Re: Character switch suggestion

Postby ARC_ShinoFanGirl1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Great suggestion! d(^_^)o
ARC_ShinoFanGirl1

Postby Platinum_Chef » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:21 am

Sounds like a fantastic idea! I have toons that I switch from and that option would make my playing this awesome game even more awesomer! Please consider this! I know players that tie up their cell phones and iPads all set up so they can play each alt simultaneously. Thanks venan
Platinum_Chef

Fast switch, energy tracking for alts

Postby Marney » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:25 am

Below the guild favors button, display a miniature portrait of every other character on the same account; these portraits would be of the same size as the guild favors button, and they would be arranged vertically on the right side of the main screen. Tap a portrait for a scrolling tab opening leftward (about the same size as the Send button in chat, maybe a little longer), displaying name/class and health/energy bars, red and yellow. Tap the portrait a second time to switch to that character. Tap anywhere else to dismiss the tab.

This would help players because we'd no longer have to go through the Exit Game gauntlet while avoiding the badly misnamed Help button lying in ambush, and we could keep on top of regen easily even if all our alts are doing different things.

(For example, right now my 'walker main is farming Trask for silver, my mage alt is farming the Goblin King for a recipe, and my justicar alt is farming portals for essence. This requires 10e, 20e, and 2e respectively, and I also have to keep track of the portal schedule. I sometimes lose track of which character I should be playing at any given time, and then I have to bounce through them all checking available energy.)

This might also help Venan with their recent server issues, as it would cut down on the "loading manifest," "downloading content," "connecting to server," and "syncing with server" loading bars that we trigger every time we want to check on health or energy regen. I don't know if this would be offset by the greater resources needed to track the health and energy of all characters on the same account at all times, but I hope not.

Thanks to my guildmate Giorgio for suggesting that health should be added to the display; I forgot that matters at low levels.
Marney

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions