Mega Topic: PvP Rating, Decay & Masters Feat

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: Deminish pvp rate weekly

Postby Gary_ » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:46 pm

+1 Gamer and +1 Eric. The fact that getting there is a goal is awesome! Staying there is a great challenge for those of us that play everyday. The thoughts of "retiring" when you hit a certain number, is unavoidable for me...but alas I cannot stop.
Gary_

Postby Finnius » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:57 pm

There IS already a decay going on. I can firmly attest that EVERY DAY I do not play a single pvp match...and yet every next morning i still have a zero score. Not only am i being robbed of unearned scores, but for some reason the game mechanics don't recognize that i am logged into the game and awarding me points just for logging into BOH. I really feel this must be addressed and fixed immediately.
Finnius

Postby Fluffy_Knows_L_R_CPR » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:01 am

I don't have much to say on this, except that maybe instead of 'decaying' maybe if they don't play for, say, 3 weeks, kick them out, that way they could easily regain their position... or set up a system to where if you don't PvP for a certain amount of time, you get a warning that you will be kicked... that should get rid of squatters -just my personal opinion-
Fluffy_Knows_L_R_CPR

Postby Zombie_Princess_Kenny » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:20 am

Fluffy_goes_MEEP wrote:I don't have much to say on this, except that maybe instead of 'decaying' maybe if they don't play for, say, 3 weeks, kick them out, that way they could easily regain their position... or set up a system to where if you don't PvP for a certain amount of time, you get a warning that you will be kicked... that should get rid of squatters -just my personal opinion-

That's still 3 weeks of them camping in masters, then maybe 4 matches just to do it again. Masters is honestly the only league that needs the decay factor because it does have a limit on how many people can be there.
Zombie_Princess_Kenny

Postby Mr_Op » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:39 am

When I checked the other day i saw people around rank almost 130 with 2400 rating which to get to that point is nice I believe on that day top 100 was like 2436 or so. I Rember in season one when plat1 didnt seem able to get then they introduced masters and when i hit masters with 2400 rating i was rank like 68 I do understand that players are getting better but, it really isnt fair for people who do 20 matches a day compared to people who do 3 matches a month. So, eventually some system does need to come into affect it DOES NOT have to require pvp everyday because not everyone wants to everyday if anything it should be based weekly say if you dont do your 10 matches -100 rating. That may sound harsh but, it would cause more people to pvp or loose their rating. Now the only problem that may occur is with alts and in lower leagues people may be upset so maybe only the top 100 experience this type of decay or something along that.
Mr_Op

Postby DjCleric » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:22 am

Fara wrote:I don't think the ranking system can be improved. If you are not in Masters and you want to get into Masters then get better gear and/or tactics and you'll get there ;)

Fara, i have the skills, i have the gear but Elo has now forbid me to even get pass 2450 rating. :(
DjCleric

Postby DiMoSauR » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Fara wrote:I don't think the ranking system can be improved. If you are not in Masters and you want to get into Masters then get better gear and/or tactics and you'll get there ;)

OP SW ....grrrrrr!!!! Or I'll correct myself : 99.999% lucky SW....!!!!!! But I'll agree with BJ, masters should be reset every week like hero score does,so many campers up there,hope they consider this in next update
DiMoSauR

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:49 pm

While the latter part of that is true, it still shouldn't be possible to just park your toon in masters and not PvP for the rest of the season. In other leagues it doesn't matter because space isn't limited. A decay like the HS scoreboard would make a lot of sense.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Gary_ » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:01 am

As I've said before, I am all for decay, if only in Masters.
Gary_

Rating hugging

Postby Mågîçãllÿ_Dèlíçïøûs » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:42 am

Whether intentional or not, many players don't enter the queue after reaching a certain level making it difficult for active players to advance. How about implementing a rating decay? It doesn't have to be a huge amount, just enough to encourage regular participation.
Mågîçãllÿ_Dèlíçïøûs

PreviousNext

Return to PvP Discussion