Raid Loafers Merc List

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Raid Loafers Merc List

Postby ELORatingBasedonRNG » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:01 am

If you have raiders that loaf around in raids. You might not be able to boot, but post the names of the loafers here and Ill update the main manifest to provide an informative list of characters.

Provide Gtag, name and (character name)

This might even generate money for Venan to commit name changes. To get off the list.

I wont put the first name as this is a start, we let the loafer slide!

Next time gadget!
ELORatingBasedonRNG

Re: Raid Loafers Merc List

Postby Bbbb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Though I am in favor of allowing guilds to blacklist people, I'm not in favor of this list. For one thing, even Barooen has quit leech mercing for the past week. Also, there are so many duplicate character names (e.g. Raistlin). People are going to get thrown in here for one bad raid....
Bbbb

Postby ELORatingBasedonRNG » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:37 pm

I agree with what you're saying above. I've only noticed mercs will loaf for a Onslaught or PM p3... "People will say then don't allow mercs." For as much as we like to open it up for mercs to participate, loafing a raid is not really what the ideology would be to join a raid. Passwords are presented and asked for by mercs. We try to delegate it with the available possibilities within BoH, obviously it isn't enough.

What I see with this is that it will cause changes to be made. They will either have to remove their GTag, leave guild, Update their name frequently, purchase shields to change their character name. The benefit is that it would promote merc activity if available.

I see it as a positive having the community hold the community accountable. :)
- iOption
AXIOM Guild Master
ELORatingBasedonRNG

Postby Gary_ » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Make a "Good Merc" list and send them schedules and passwords :D :D :shock:
Gary_

Postby ELORatingBasedonRNG » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:29 pm

I like that! Spin it! lololol
- iOption
AXIOM Guild Master
ELORatingBasedonRNG

Postby CheMClarc » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Lord_Garic wrote:Make a "Good Merc" list and send them schedules and passwords :D :D :shock:

Yes, making a "Good Merc" list is a way better idea since this thread will most likely get deleted as it will definitely break our rules of conduct if it continues. Always decide to do something positive for the community here instead of negative.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Gary_ » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Thanks Chem...nothing better than affirmation for a Developer... :D
Gary_

Postby Gnu_Avengers » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:45 am

Players will get blacklisted not because they are "bad" mercs but because some guild member doesn't like them, possibly because the player ignored them or derided them or whatever - the minimum would be an appeal system where the blacklister could be challenged, entirely onerous. Use raid passwords and keep your own guild blacklists but public, no thank you.
Gnu_Avengers

Postby Firstimer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:29 am

Firstimers guide to being a good merc in 4 easy steps.

1. Join an open raid of your choice.
2. Thank the host guild for opening the spot and ask politely if there are any rules.
3. Hit like you would in your own guild (if you don't or won't 1 hit in your home guild then don't do it in anyone else's)
4. If you need to leave thank the host guild and wish them luck. In most cases you will be acknowledged and thanked back in either of the thanks.

Last but not least this isn't a step have fun earn some valor participate in chat you may just learn something, and don't be offended if asked to join. Of course you will be asked your a merc in a foreign guild.
Firstimer

Postby silverwind » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:46 am

Firstimer wrote:Firstimers guide to being a good merc in 4 easy steps.

1. Join an open raid of your choice.
2. Thank the host guild for opening the spot and ask politely if there are any rules.
3. Hit like you would in your own guild (if you don't or won't 1 hit in your home guild then don't do it in anyone else's)
4. If you need to leave thank the host guild and wish them luck. In most cases you will be acknowledged and thanked back in either of the thanks.

Last but not least this isn't a step have fun earn some valor participate in chat you may just learn something, and don't be offended if asked to join. Of course you will be asked your a merc in a foreign guild.

Firtstimer you hit it on the mark.
silverwind

Return to Discussions