Client 2.2.0 Feature Preview

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Client 2.2.0 Feature Preview

Postby CheMClarc » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Heroes! We recently posted a preview of the enemies you would face in the epic conclusion of the Vile Realm storyline, but that preview didn’t show any of the other awesome stuff we have been working on for this next release. Today we would like to introduce a few new features that are coming with the 2.2 update.

New Downloadable Content System:
We have implemented improvements to our content delivery system that have allowed us to reduce the overall download size to play Book of Heroes. In addition, following this client update, all future client updates should only download a small amount of new content instead of redownloading all content. New users should be able to get into the game much more quickly on initial install. Most of the required content will be downloaded in the background while the user completes the early tutorial levels.

Raid Finder:
Players will now be able to view a list of the raids that are in the game directly from the main menu. This will also give players a better idea of which raids are currently unlocked for their character, as well as the overall raid progression and valor type. The Raid Finder will also work with the Guild and Public Raid systems to show what raids the player currently has active, the percentage completed, and the time left for each bonus rank. No more worries if you missed the start notification for a guild raid, you’ll be notified by an indicator on the main menu if your guild is currently in a raid.

Improved Combat Text:
We have greatly improved the combat text in the game in order to make it much more clear what actions are taking place. Player damage and effects have been moved up to the top of the combat screen while damage and effects to the enemy remain below. Negative combat text will scroll down while positive text will scroll up in order to differentiate these effects more easily. Debuff icons will now flash when you take periodic damage. Overall, we hope these changes will make combat a lot more clear when there are multiple effects happening at once.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Re: Client 2.2.0 Feature Preview

Postby GMWingedKingdom » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Very excited=)
GMWingedKingdom

Postby В_ЯдD » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Any information on lowering the empower cost for enchantments? Increasing max inventory?
В_ЯдD

Postby Tiñy_Tigêr » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:36 pm

That's a lot of changes! LOVE IT!!!! <3333333
Tiñy_Tigêr

Postby Lito » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:37 pm

But when will it happen??
Lito

Postby MantisStrike » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Eh... Thought it was gonna be something exciting like new races and skin colors or cloaks with a hood up/hood down feature...
MantisStrike

Postby DIO_ » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:07 pm

Much ado about nothing.
DIO_

Postby Bbbb » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:32 pm

The new raid finder sounds like it solves some of the problems that currently exist especially "the time left for each bonus rank" is something I've wanted for a while.

As far as the Improved Combat Text, I have 3 issues now that I can't tell if this helps:

1. If you have too many status effects on the enemy, you can't see them all.
2. Battery drain - I'm sure the animations are part of this.
3. The slow status text that are a disadvantage to mages to onslaught.

I didn't have a real problem knowing what was happening.
Bbbb

Postby pi_is_yummy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Fixes and refinements? Don't mind if I do :)
pi_is_yummy

Postby pi_is_yummy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Fixes and refinements? Don't mind if I do :)
pi_is_yummy

Next

Return to Dev Blog