pvp bonus- Winner gets Bonus Marks

What would you like to see in future updates?

pvp bonus- Winner gets Bonus Marks

Postby ByChance » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:47 pm

I would like to see a bonus in pvp marks when you when a match. At this point they are the same, so to me it doesn't matter if I win or lose. I am going to get new stuff just as fast. The only advantage to winning is bragging rights. I am not saying decrease the base amount, but to add a bonus for winning.

Thank you
ByChance - gm of the Band of Misfits
ByChance

Re: pvp bonus- Winner gets Bonus Marks

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:26 am

ByChance wrote:I would like to see a bonus in pvp marks when you when a match. At this point they are the same, so to me it doesn't matter if I win or lose. I am going to get new stuff just as fast. The only advantage to winning is bragging rights. I am not saying decrease the base amount, but to add a bonus for winning.

There is a bonus for winning, the League Bonus.

Elo matching (Note 1), tries to give you a 50/50 change of winning a match (yes this is simplified). If you lose, you lose a little PvP Rating, but if you win, you gain more than you lose (huge gains for beating someone several League above you during first 4 PvP Matches). Skipping a lot of the technical side, eventually Elo matching finds the League you have the best chance of winning 50/50, and you get a bonus in Marks based on your League (Note 2)

When you improve your character, Elo will notice you trouncing your opponents and increase your League, giving you more bonus in Marks. This is the main incentive for getting a full set of PvP Gear (+20% VS Player, -20% VS Monster for a full set of 1h Gear or 2h Gear).

So the Elo matching has a built in system for giving Bonus Marks to the winner.

Note 1)
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=32148#p32148

Note 2)
In a simplified world, with perfect Elo matching, you will take 20,000 PvP Bouts to get Feat "Win 10,000 PvP Matches". Also, since you need less Leagues with less players (so everyone can find a match), the more players the more Leagues so the more Marks and Medals *everyone* gets. Get your Guild involved in PvP if you want more Marks.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Darkhorse » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:
ByChance wrote:I would like to see a bonus in pvp marks when you when a match. At this point they are the same, so to me it doesn't matter if I win or lose. I am going to get new stuff just as fast. The only advantage to winning is bragging rights. I am not saying decrease the base amount, but to add a bonus for winning.

There is a bonus for winning, the League Bonus.

Elo matching (Note 1), tries to give you a 50/50 change of winning a match (yes this is simplified). If you lose, you lose a little PvP Rating, but if you win, you gain more than you lose (huge gains for beating someone several League above you during first 4 PvP Matches). Skipping a lot of the technical side, eventually Elo matching finds the League you have the best chance of winning 50/50, and you get a bonus in Marks based on your League (Note 2)

When you improve your character, Elo will notice you trouncing your opponents and increase your League, giving you more bonus in Marks. This is the main incentive for getting a full set of PvP Gear (+20% VS Player, -20% VS Monster for a full set of 1h Gear or 2h Gear).

So the Elo matching has a built in system for giving Bonus Marks to the winner.

Note 1)
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=32148#p32148

Note 2)
In a simplified world, with perfect Elo matching, you will take 20,000 PvP Bouts to get Feat "Win 10,000 PvP Matches". Also, since you need less Leagues with less players (so everyone can find a match), the more players the more Leagues so the more Marks and Medals *everyone* gets. Get your Guild involved in PvP if you want more Marks.

This nailed it.
Darkhorse

Postby ByChance » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:11 pm

So what you are telling me is that even though I am in silver 1 league, win or lose I get the same thing? I still think that there should be a bonus if you win, regardless of the league you are in. Yes get your league bonus too, but also a win bonus. Also I am not the only person in the game that sees it this way.
ByChance

Postby beekeo » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:36 pm

As you win more matches than you lose, you climb to a higher league with a larger Mark payout per match.

If you decide you don't mind losing, you will fall down to a lower league with a smaller Mark payout let match.
beekeo

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions