Inventory size limit-Increase Please-DEV RESPONSE

What would you like to see in future updates?

Inventory size limit-Increase Please-DEV RESPONSE

Postby Fara » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:38 am

Having 5 builds is great! (Thank-you Venan)... but my inventory is now full and I know others are having the same problem. I don't have room to buy a full set of PvP gear. Please can we have more room.

Another possible solution is to remove the pve penalty of the PvP gear and we won't have to have so much stuff!

Also, what items take up an inventory slot? I have 83 gems and 16 items of equipment but my inventory is 92/100.
Fara

Re: Inventory size limit

Postby Fara » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:25 am

My point being that 83 + 16 = 99 and not 92. I want to make some room but don't know what to get rid of.
Fara

Postby Fara » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:35 pm

I've discovered thus unequiping gems sometimes increases the inventory count and sometimes doesn't. Also, I've checked on another toon and I've got 49 gems and 9 items of equipment, however inventory shows as 45!?

Something very strange is happening here
Fara

Postby Fara » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:59 am

With a little help from Venan I've worked out that inventory count is consumables + equipment not being worn on current build + gems not being used on current build, which is useful. I still think the limit should be increased but at least I know what I can choose from to dispose of.
Fara

Postby Bbbb » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 am

Fara wrote:With a little help from Venan I've worked out that inventory count is consumables + equipment not being worn on current build + gems not being used on current build, which is useful. I still think the limit should be increased but at least I know what I can choose from to dispose of.

I think we can agree that this is totally confusing especially when switching between 1H and 2H builds. I am sure this is due to some early assumptions that were baked into the source code (been there).

Anyway, 100 items with 5 builds is not sufficient.
Bbbb

Postby Darkhorse » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 am

We're looking into inventory constraints and possible solutions in a future release. It's not necessarily as simple as "you now get 200 instead of 100" for technical reasons.
Darkhorse

Postby Bbbb » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:26 am

I am just throwing this out there as I've seen other games do it and may work around some of the technical issues. Could we have a bank/locker where we can deposit items for long term storage? Then I would unload excess gems, transfer plates, elixirs, potions and such there. I had held onto those Valentine Level 6 AP transfer plates for 16 months. Got wisdom elixirs probably even older.
Bbbb

Postby DreamingDæmon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:23 pm

Bbbb wrote:I am just throwing this out there as I've seen other games do it and may work around some of the ltechnical issues. Could we have a bank/locker where we can deposit items for long term storage? Then I would unload excess gems, transfer plates, elixirs, potions and such there. I had held onto those Valentine Level 6 AP transfer plates for 16 months. Got wisdom elixirs probably even older.

It'd be handy if we had a convenient location already established where this could be located. Like a house, or something, where current functionality for the location is kinda underused, say having only one function at the moment...

What? We have something like that? How utterly coincidental!
DreamingDæmon

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:02 am

DreamingDaemon wrote:
Bbbb wrote:I am just throwing this out there as I've seen other games do it and may work around some of the ltechnical issues. Could we have a bank/locker where we can deposit items for long term storage? Then I would unload excess gems, transfer plates, elixirs, potions and such there. I had held onto those Valentine Level 6 AP transfer plates for 16 months. Got wisdom elixirs probably even older.

It'd be handy if we had a convenient location already established where this could be located. Like a house, or something, where current functionality for the location is kinda underused, say having only one function at the moment...

LOL

Personally I always liked the idea of a Diablo-style 'equipment chest' in Glenfort where we could store things. Or a lockup in Majerio's, he's taken enough of our cash that such storage space should be gratis!

Failing that (or in addition), perhaps you could designate certain items only as 'gear'. Gear to me is things like armour and weapons. Your spare gems should really sit in a gem pouch that only takes up 1 'inventory' slot alongside things like potions and runes.
Illy_the_Red

Postby fatius » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:01 pm

Ilyana wrote:
DreamingDaemon wrote:

LOL

Personally I always liked the idea of a Diablo-style 'equipment chest' in Glenfort where we could store things. Or a lockup in Majerio's, he's taken enough of our cash that such storage space should be gratis!

Failing that (or in addition), perhaps you could designate certain items only as 'gear'. Gear to me is things like armour and weapons. Your spare gems should really sit in a gem pouch that only takes up 1 'inventory' slot alongside things like potions and runes.
fatius

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions