+1 TVal, +10 or +20 Free Energy(Tip, Dungeon Banking)

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:25 am

Current Subject
Subject
Bank a Were Chef (aka Time Shift), +10 Free Energy or +20 Free Energy= Dungeon Banking(Tip, Data, Strategy)

v1.7 Edit: Were Chef Lair has a shorter time limit (15 minutes) than TVal Temple (20 minutes) but appears more often (12 times per day) than TVal (8 times per day) for a total of 180 minutes per day for Were Chef versus 160 minutes per day for TVal. You can also Dungeon Bank Were Chef more than TVal since it appears more often. By Banking the last Were Chef per appearance per character, you can take you time with the last Were Chef. TVal had a maximum Energy Bar of 42 while Were Chef has 50. All of these are balanced by the presents of Elite Mobs.

Bj_DWR wrote:TVal Banking:
TVal are 12 energy Dungeons.
TVal appears for ( FWVL= https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=9062#p9062 )

Want ten more energy? Use Dungeon Banking!! (Elevator Pitches R Us!)

If you have a few minutes, log into BoH and enter a 10 e Dungeon Encounter Zone (DEZ), then log out for [25 minutes] or more. When you come back, your energy bar will be full, but you get a free ten energy since you already spent the energy to get into the DEZ. This works especially well before you go to sleep or go to work.

The secret behind Dungeon Banking is a partial energy bar. If your energy bar is full, you get no additional energy. If you spend ten energy entering a DEZ, your energy bar regenerates at [two] energy per five minutes.

Multiple Character tip: Enter a DEZ then switch characters until all are in DEZ and regenerating energy.

v1.5 Edit: 20 e and 50 minutes later, when you unlock 20 e Dungeon Zones.

v1.5.3 Edit: 12 e and 15 minutes later, when TVal appears. ( FWVL= https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=9062#p9062 )

Tags: BasicFAQ, EnergyBar
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Multiple Characters Energy & Health Regeneration(Tip, Strate

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:22 am

A Venan ID lets you have up to 5 characters. Using Dungeon Banking (see previous post) that works out to regenerating 1 energy per 30 seconds. You can play BoH for hours straight but I recommend regular breaks for sleep. (Typsit's note: He recommends sleep. He doesn't necessarily follow his own advice.)

Edit: v1.4 does not allow Health Regeneration in Combat.
If it is the beginning of the day, and you've banked all your characters the previous evening so they have full energy and are in DEZs, switch characters after 5 battles (two characters), 3 battles (three- four characters) or 2 battles (five characters). You are not regenerating energy, but you are regenerating health. Just like Dungeon Banking, a full health bar does not regenerate, but a partial health bar does. With 5 characters, you are regenerating 50% health per five minutes or 10% per one minute.
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Dungeon Banking or 10 free energy (Tip)(Edited)

Postby Celestial_Cavalier » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Been doing this since the start but I only made 3 characters. 5 is too much for me.
Celestial_Cavalier

Low level Dungeon Banking(Tip)

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:41 am

Don't feel like fighting the Dungeon Boss? Don't. You only bank 9 energy this way (since you "waste" that final energy point needed to fight the Dungeon Boss) but you save on potions and runes.
When I am low level, I do not even use healing potions. If I get defeated, I go to the Temple and heal. I do not mind any missed battles in the DEZ, because I'm still getting experience points. (Typist's note: I tend to try to use as few potions/runes myself at lower levels, and to a LOT of "okay, next character while the one I just got down to 2 health points heals up". It's not quite as fast, but then I'll have the 24,000+ silver pieces for the spiffy Ring of Deadly Precision when it pops up.)

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Farming Ice Lord Vallus(Tip)

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 am

Farming Ice Lord Vallus for silver or rare items? Fight the first nine normal enemy encounters to reach Vallus, then log out. In 50 minutes, come back. The battle with Vallus has reset but after you defeat him, you have ten energy to reenter the Ice Dragon's Lair DEZ. This works especially well if you have three characters. My wife uses it by switching between Justicars. (Typist's note: Used to, anyway. Now having fun with Lockbox Bunni, wizardly scourge of Things With Sharp Pointy Teeth. But that's not really relevant right now.)
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Frozen Vale Daily Quests(Tip, Data, Strategy)

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun May 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Edit: This used to apply to all Level 20 characters (Level 20 Cap). Not sure which level characters get Daily Bounties in the Frozen Vale. May or may not work. See post below for level 25 characters.

Ice Dragon's Lair DEZ contains all creatures found in the Frozen Vale plus undead, beasts, and Rath'een. Unless you get Daily Quest #101 (Waterlogged Corpse), #153 (Gatekeepers), #232 (Skeletal Warriors), or #254 (Skeletal Assassins), battles you fight in this DEZ will count towards your Daily Quest Quota. Extra happy if "tonight" you use Dungeon Banking before you go to sleep, and the first battle contains 2 Frost Bats. "Tomorrow", they count towards #258 (four frost bats) and #114 (five beasts).
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Farming Emperor Trask(Tip)

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:54 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: 10 free energy or Dungeon Banking(Tip, Data, Strategy)

Postby saimario » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Whete is DEZ?
saimario

Re: 10 free energy or Dungeon Banking(Tip, Data, Strategy)

Postby Faux » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 am

I feel like you really could've said all that in one post.
Faux

Level 25 Daily Quests(Tip, Data, Strategy)

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:33 pm

The Emperor's Court DZ (Trask) contains Rath'een (Trask also counts as Rath'een) and is worth 75+ Hero Points. Battles you fight in this DZ count towards four Daily Bounties "50 Hero Points"(#205), "75 Hero Points"(#421), "15 Rath'een & 75 Hero Points"(#572), and "5 Rath'een Scouts". Extra happy if "tonight" you use Dungeon Banking before you go to sleep, and the first battle contains 2 Rath'een Scouts.
Bj_Knows

Next

Return to Discussions