June 20th, 2014 - PvP Preview

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: PvP Preview

Postby GFtoons » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Darkhorse wrote:
GFtoons wrote:Will the pvp quests still be in place?

And I'm curious how it would be bad for the game or hurt others to use the new pvp to exchange gold shields between toons? The gs will still be earned, purchased, and spent and could be useful to help lower lv toons join your guild in larger raids where the help is needed. I like the idea and honestly don't see why it's considered bad by some. Why not let people spend gs however they choose?

Personally, I wouldn't mind being able to hand down gems after my main toon upgrades.

Yes, the quests are still in place (although Lady Gwynn is being moved to the Captain's Quarters around the corner).

As to "exchanging" gold shields, each betting pool will have a Venan rake (currently set at 10%, so for example if both players bet 5GS, the winner gets 9GS). This innately puts a hamper on just transferring gold shields at will. Obviously with a feature like this we'll be keeping a very close eye on it to prevent abuse, and we have ways of temporarily disabling it if there proves to be an issue.

Thank you for answering about the quests.
After further consideration of the gs question, I can see why you all may be concerned that some top contender toons might try to pull gs from their other toons to boost their main to a top spot. I understand that totally. It wouldn't seem smart to boost a lower level toon cause it would soon be outclassed by others with more abilities. It also seems like a bad idea to boost for pve since it would take the challenge and some fun out of the game. I have a couple toons with minimal gems for increased difficulty. I am curious if you all are concerned about the feature being used to help a toon buy the endless zeal a little early or an occassional gear or gem to help make the next raid a little sooner. And am I missing anything? I appreciate your time and any answers that may help sate my curiosity. I also had read the warning from earlier posts and have no intentions of abusing the feature, was just curious as to your concerns.
The mention of handing down gems was just an afterthought, which many of us have wished at one time or another, and had no bearing on the true question. And of course I already could see why that would be discouraged. Lol It wasn't meant to throw Eric off and cause him to totally miss the point.
GFtoons

Postby Deadlift » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Though don't forget, when you buy GS or get them from an offer, they go into a bank. GS from mob drops (and maybe wager) go to the individual character's GS. So the lower toons can benefit from GS in the bank but not individual character
Deadlift

Postby EricM » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:49 pm

I don't know about all of you but I'm super excited for this update!!!
EricM

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:57 pm

EricM wrote:I don't know about all of you but I'm super excited for this update!!!

Know what you mean Eric. I feel for the many players who don't care for PvP, though.
Illy_the_Red

Postby EricM » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Ilyana wrote:
EricM wrote:I don't know about all of you but I'm super excited for this update!!!

Know what you mean Eric. I feel for the many players who don't care for PvP, though.

Oh I know. I felt the same for a long time. But meh, I figured if it's become a main part of the game, may as well make an attempt to enjoy it for what it is. But much like mith said earlier... balance changes are coming. And more balance changes = more chances to model equations for the new stuff :p

I'm also excited to back-calculate that ELO formula once pvp comes out :p Should be fun :p
EricM

Postby Deadlift » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Any patch notes for tomorrow?
Deadlift

Postby Cletus » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm not sure what this update is, it seems to be written in a different language. What's PvP??
Cletus

Postby _Nømåd_ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:22 am

I could see replays become a harassment issue if they are allowed to be posted in a global channel. For example: "Hey guys! Check out how stupid this person was! "
_Nømåd_

Postby Darkhorse » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:48 am

NomadRandar wrote:I could see replays become a harassment issue if they are allowed to be posted in a global channel. For example: "Hey guys! Check out how stupid this person was! "

They can be posted to PVP chat, guild chat, or whisper. They cannot be posted to Global chat.
Darkhorse

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:55 am

Darkhorse wrote:
NomadRandar wrote:I could see replays become a harassment issue if they are allowed to be posted in a global channel. For example: "Hey guys! Check out how stupid this person was! "

They can be posted to PVP chat, guild chat, or whisper. They cannot be posted to Global chat.

PvP chat is still a public channel, so the concern would still apply IMO.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog