Skills and abilities damage display- Magic? Melee?

What would you like to see in future updates?

Skills and abilities damage display- Magic? Melee?

Postby SpiritMuse » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:56 pm

I think it would be much more useful and clear when choosing skills on level up if they displayed the actual damage the skill would do if you had it right now, instead of this "120% weapon damage" stuff which really doesn't tell you anything at all.

I just picked Smite for my Justicar, you see, thinking "ooh, unblockable 150% weapon damage, my Brutal Strike has about that, should be pretty nice" only to find out later in battle that it does barely any damage at all because it turns out it's based on the magic stat instead of the physical. So that's one respec token wasted due to bad info.

So please put more useful information in the skill description. At the very least tell us if it's based on the physical or the magic stat.
SpiritMuse

Re: Skills and abilities damage display

Postby beekeo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:45 am

Smite and Radiant Light are noted as "Spirit Attacks" which implies Magic instead of Melee.
By the same note: Nature is Magic for Shadow Walkers and Fire and Ice are Magic for Mages.

All attack abilities use the Weapon Damage rating as the base statistic for calculating damage output.

The Descriptions in the Train Abilities and the Abilities Screens do not update with your current stats/equipment.
beekeo

"Damage Right Now" is always changing

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:12 pm

SpiritMuse wrote:they displayed the actual damage the skill would do if you had it right now, instead of this "120% weapon damage" stuff which really doesn't tell you anything at all.

The problem with the "damage right now" is it is constantly changing:

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject:
Current Value due to TargetIng Conditions
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=7465#p7465
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

gems might n damge for abilitys- Merged

Postby PoetLiefTheWolven » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 pm

So ive spent countless e trying to see the diff in my ability damage after a gem change
Yet how many of u can say the same? I would say many. Now what i propose is the devs put a damge rateing on the abillitys along with cast n reload times when afected by haste so u dont have to go to battle to see the difference in ur abillitys after gemplacement
PoetLiefTheWolven

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions