May 20th, 2014 - Information Overload

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: May 20th, 2014 - Information Overload

Postby Caveman » Tue May 20, 2014 3:16 pm

Some new features would be a good idea, too. Like win 1000 pvp, complete 500 daily quests, etc...
Caveman

Postby Racyellie » Tue May 20, 2014 3:19 pm

yes Really excited about PvP great job guys :)
Racyellie

Postby Cattle54 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Two thumbs up! Appreciate the communication and teasers :)
Cattle54

Postby Darkhorse » Tue May 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Caveman wrote:Some new features would be a good idea, too. Like win 1000 pvp, complete 500 daily quests, etc...

New feats will be included.
Darkhorse

Postby john12345 » Tue May 20, 2014 4:32 pm

for example I have 2 specs now. I understand that ill get one free additional spec for pvp only. are mentioned 3 specs unlockable with gs in addition to 2+1 I will have during patch launch? so I will have up to 5 general purpose specs along with one pvp only?
is first spec of these three new ones for free for those who have 2 specs now or free spec related only to pvp one regardless to how much specs I have atm?

btw, any plans for increasing inventory size? it could be handy for new items and new gems for pvp which seems to become relevant again.

hehe it's not really question, but I have strange feeling that majority of players which could benefit from improved daily quest will not include marginal minority of players which need only essence now ;)

and thanks for continuing development of the game!
Last edited by john12345 on Tue May 20, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
john12345

Postby Derrin_Watson » Tue May 20, 2014 4:32 pm

DarkHorse, you speak of hundreds of changes in the past year. Certain the release of chapters 1-3 of the vile realm count high on that list and I am glad to hear the developers aren't resting on their laurels. While I have little or no interest in PvP, I will look forward with eager anticipation for the release of chapters 4 and 5 in the upcoming months.

I'm curious as to how you get your count of hundreds. For example, consider the most recent update. It nerfed ice lance and improved shadow veil. It improved Vilepaw drops and reduced Vilepaw defenses. Would those be regard as four separate improvements? Would each combat area and dungeon in chapter 3 be a separate improvement?

I imagine a number of the improvements have been behind the scenes. Most noticeably, server crashes are now quite rare where a little more than a year ago they were all too common. What would you say are the most significant behind the scenes improvements in the last year?
Derrin_Watson

Postby Darkhorse » Tue May 20, 2014 5:09 pm

john12345 wrote:for example I have 2 specs now. I understand that ill get one free additional spec for pvp only. are mentioned 3 specs unlockable with gs in addition to 2+1 I will have during patch launch? so I will have up to 5 general purpose specs along with one pvp only?
is first spec of these three new ones for free for those who have 2 specs now or free spec related only to pvp one regardless to how much specs I have atm?

One PVP only spec and a total of 4 other specs if you choose to unlock all of them (for a grand total of 5). The 4 generic specs can be used for either PVE or PVP as you see fit. The PVP only spec is limited to use within the Coliseum. If you currently have purchased the additional spec, upon upgrade you'll have the PVP only spec and 2 general specs for a grand total of 3. Hopefully that answered your question.

btw, any plans for increasing inventory size? it could be handy for new items and new gems for pvp which seems to become relevant again.

We've talked about it on and off. No definite plans as of right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is something we offer in the future. This kind of change actually has many technical implications.
Darkhorse

Postby Mr_Op » Tue May 20, 2014 5:47 pm

Quick question will the new raids be unlocked through quests? As I've not finished the newer vile realm quests i would like to know if i need to make a dash to finish them
Mr_Op

Postby Darkhorse » Tue May 20, 2014 5:49 pm

Monster_Salad wrote:Quick question will the new raids be unlocked through quests? As I've not finished the newer vile realm quests i would like to know if i need to make a dash to finish them

This isn't final yet, but it's a safe bet that you'll probably need to do the quests.
Darkhorse

Postby Bbbb » Tue May 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Derrin_Watson wrote:While I have little or no interest in PvP, I will look forward with eager anticipation for the release of chapters 4 and 5 in the upcoming months.

+1

We’re also improving how these specs are managed and chosen.

Please please please say that you are doing something to reduce the wrong spec issue (hope that is what chosen means). My preference is in PvE to let you change specs until you take an action. But at least, if we can name the specs and make it more visible before going into combat, it would help incredibly.
Last edited by Bbbb on Tue May 20, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bbbb

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog