block vs crit

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: block vs crit

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri May 09, 2014 5:41 am

EricM wrote:I'm also a little confused about this.

Two scenarios...

1) PVE in LoB p4. My SW drinks a crit potion. My crit rate is effectively 101% with piercing strike. However, left boss still blocks occasionally. Does this mean block supercedes crit?

2) PVP. My SW, when defending, should theoretically be at 100% block+dodge. Yet, I have still been hit by crits while defending. So in that case, does crit supercede dodge/block?

It looks like in case 1) the mechanic is working as Dave mentioned. In case 2) there must still be a way that the opponent can hit (and therefore crit) you even with your 100% block+dodge. Are you taking into account no guild favours? Could it be that the PvP mechanic works slightly differently?
Illy_the_Red

Postby japster » Sat May 10, 2014 10:25 am

EricM wrote:
2) PVP. My SW, when defending, should theoretically be at 100% block+dodge. Yet, I have still been hit by crits while defending. So in that case, does crit supercede dodge/block?

You can't be at 100% dodge. There's a hard cap of 75%.

Edit: Found out block and dodge rolls are checked simultaneously. Even if so, there's probably a hard cap to them when both are added together. That would explain why you still got hit.
japster

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat May 17, 2014 10:20 pm

japster wrote:
EricM wrote:

You can't be at 100% dodge. There's a hard cap of 75%.

Edit: Found out block and dodge rolls are checked simultaneously. Even if so, there's probably a hard cap to them when both are added together. That would explain why you still got hit.

In PvE, the Dodge Hard Cap is 100% (Note 1). However, PvP often has different Caps. Ex: Nature Mitigation can go to -150% (or +150% from Nature Damage) in PvE, but in PvP Nature Mitigation can only go to 0%, no negatives allowed.

Note 1)
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=140
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Tacita » Sun May 18, 2014 8:50 am

Bj_Knows wrote:Nature Mitigation can go to -150% (or +150% from Nature Damage) in PvE, but in PvP Nature Mitigation can only go to 0%, no negatives allowed.

War Mages with Magma Jet and 3 stacks fracture get me down to -10% ice/fire mitigation.
Tacita

Previous

Return to Discussions