better matchmaking! !!

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

better matchmaking! !!

Postby Crocx » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:16 am

Using might as matchmaking is a bad idea, in my opinion any whay. I Notice that are a lot of players that keep their might intentionally low to get match against lower players and if u are lv 12 and y get pair up whit same class's lv 15..then it is game over from start. Not only that u opponent has better gear but it starts whit about 1000 life more than u.
Crocx

Re: better matchmaking! !!

Postby Azmodias » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Crocx wrote:Using might as matchmaking is a bad idea, in my opinion any whay. I Notice that are a lot of players that keep their might intentionally low to get match against lower players and if u are lv 12 and y get pair up whit same class's lv 15..then it is game over from start. Not only that u opponent has better gear but it starts whit about 1000 life more than u.

I agree with.the might difference issue when "abused"... but it's so hard to determine what is abuse. Currently my pvp build is about 1.5k lower might than.my pve build. Partially because I use the gems I.have to survive in pvp. I wouldn't call that cheating or handicapping myself to.get "easy fights".

I will say being matched with a person 20k lower might than me is just cruel for the other guy...

+/- 5k at level 33 seems unavoidable. I saw a level 33 with 8k , I'm wondering if that is even possible in through normal.progression...
Last edited by Azmodias on Sat May 03, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Azmodias

Postby Sanguin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:43 am

My level 33 justicar has 8.5k migh at moment, though it was recently only 8k, all through normal progression. However, even thoug I PvP with the justicar almost as much as my WM, I have yet to face anyone with lower might at level 33. The vast majority of my fights are against 12k or higher opponents, and its brutal. I still dont understand how its a fair fight by their matching for a level 32 with 8k might to face a level 31 with similiar might, but the universe implodes if a level 33 might face a level 32 with similiar might.

Given how easy it is to get to level 33 at lower mights just following the quest lines, i can see how its ver discouraging to low might 33 in PVP, such that they dont bother.

As for the sandbagging might for easy wins... i see it at the migt levels of my justicar, not so much at our WM migt levels Az. i faced a 9k might WM the oher day with over 40k HP wearing T12 gear, and another justicar in the 10k range with a t16 axe.

Even though my W/L ratio is gettin slaughtered now that I'm 33 and always over matched, given coin rewards are based upon opponents might, Im getting as many coins for losing as they are winning, so let them sandbag. At some point they will move up and get crushed by players that have been playing the harder opponents all along.
Sanguin

Postby Darkhorse » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:42 pm

We agree! Stay tuned, we'll be announcing some improvements to the matchmaking soon! This is something we're actively working on.
Darkhorse

Postby Shizznizz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:57 pm

I have yet to have a match where my opponent wasn't at least 4+ levels higher than me. I have tried PVP with all three classes at different levels and different times. I avoid PVP and most people I know agree. Something in the matchup selection needs tweaked so the matches are more fair. The guys I fight somehow get three 1+ second attacks off without stunning or staggering before I can get one .37 attack off. Something's broken and needs fixed. Until then, PVP sucks. Rest of the game rocks though! Keep it up.
Shizznizz

Postby Morghulis » Sat May 03, 2014 3:08 pm

I agree with shizz last post.. Same thing happens to me.. I'm always matched up with someone 3 or 4 lvl's above me.. I never have a chance.. I have let support know that Pvp needs help.. Or least give us a dump button or cancel match option. Js :)
Morghulis

Postby Azmodias » Tue May 06, 2014 9:28 pm

Darkhorse wrote:We agree! Stay tuned, we'll be announcing some improvements to the matchmaking soon! This is something we're actively working on.

Bump...

Spill the beans. Break the silence. Let us have it. What is the scoop? Good word? Info?
Azmodias

Return to PvP Discussion