Mega Topic: Trade for Things between Characters

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Cache for guilds

Postby DaK_ » Sun May 04, 2014 6:57 pm

Too easily abused....

I have almost 100k chv that I have no use for... I could buy tons of t16 gear and donate them to other players.... Would take days to get full top gear for new toons.

As great as these ideas seem, many players dread the possibility and absolutely never ever ever want to see them implemented.
DaK_

Postby ChucklinChuckles » Mon May 05, 2014 3:35 pm

I think the system could work if it was set up right and remember the gear has level caps on it so you could only help so much you could not give gear bought with valor or gold shields and that problem is solved
ChucklinChuckles

Postby ChucklinChuckles » Mon May 05, 2014 3:35 pm

I think the system could work if it was set up right and remember the gear has level caps on it so you could only help so much you could not give gear bought with valor or gold shields and that problem is solved
ChucklinChuckles

Postby Blitzman » Mon May 05, 2014 3:49 pm

I believe it could work and would benefit small guilds perhaps just allow gems to be traded but have a lvl restriction on them
so as not to have a lvl 4 toon with t 6 gems
Blitzman

Postby EricM » Mon May 05, 2014 3:55 pm

ChucklinChuckles wrote:I think the system could work if it was set up right and remember the gear has level caps on it so you could only help so much you could not give gear bought with valor or gold shields and that problem is solved

Blitzman wrote:I believe it could work and would benefit small guilds perhaps just allow gems to be traded but have a lvl restriction on them

Neither of these would work for the reason DaK mentioned above. One can level to lv. 30 in a matter of 2-3 weeks just by showing up and spending energy efficiently. If gems and/or equipment could be traded, it'd severely devalue earning them by raiding. As DaK said, there's quite a few of us in the high might guilds with enough ChV to buy 100-200 of the best gems and equipment in the game. We could effectively max out our members in a day if trading was allowed. Just feels a little unfair. Even if valor/gs equip was not tradable... same problem. I have 12m silver on my account. What's to stop me from hoping into a baby guild, and buying a full set of t9 for half of them?
EricM

Postby ChucklinChuckles » Mon May 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Like I said it needs to be set up guild master has control of cache.and have.a cool down period on how often a groin can be given an item say you could get one item a week and. You would have your integrity back also set it so the highest level gems and gear are off limits also make it so guilds in the same class can raid one another as the game is set now
ChucklinChuckles

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon May 05, 2014 6:29 pm

EricM wrote:
ChucklinChuckles wrote:I think the system could work if it was set up right and remember the gear has level caps on it so you could only help so much you could not give gear bought with valor or gold shields and that problem is solved

Blitzman wrote:I believe it could work and would benefit small guilds perhaps just allow gems to be traded but have a lvl restriction on them

Neither of these would work for the reason DaK mentioned above. One can level to lv. 30 in a matter of 2-3 weeks just by showing up and spending energy efficiently. If gems and/or equipment could be traded, it'd severely devalue earning them by raiding. As DaK said, there's quite a few of us in the high might guilds with enough ChV to buy 100-200 of the best gems and equipment in the game. We could effectively max out our members in a day if trading was allowed. Just feels a little unfair. Even if valor/gs equip was not tradable... same problem. I have 12m silver on my account. What's to stop me from hoping into a baby guild, and buying a full set of t9 for half of them?

I don't think currency or gear should be tradeable - if only because of the reasons listed above. Gems would be great but would have the same problems.

I think it would work for items that are drops - recipes, materials etc. Believe it or not, some people are altruistic and would help guildmates with things like flux. I wouldn't mind being able to chuck a guildmate a recipe that is worthless to me. My SW got all the enchants I didn't want first, including one I can't even use (2H damage). I'd give someone that for free. I know how hard it can be to collect a particular recipe. The wrong ones always drop first (now a three-toon record, thanks for that Venan).

If a guild bank could only have certain items added, it could work.

Yes I know you can buy recipes from the black market. If someone wanted to do that and give it away, they should feel free - that goes for anything bought by gs. If someone really wants to waste their money buying and donating stuff, they should be able to :D
Illy_the_Red

Postby notallthatfat » Mon May 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Ilyana wrote: If someone really wants to waste their money buying and donating stuff, they should be able to :D

Lol illy true that xD
notallthatfat

Postby Grnm » Mon May 05, 2014 8:14 pm

ChucklinChuckles wrote:Like I said it needs to be set up guild master has control of cache.and have.a cool down period on how often a groin can be given an item say you could get one item a week and.

I'm afraid a groin can be given only once..
Grnm

Postby ChucklinChuckles » Tue May 06, 2014 11:18 am

It seems that the main reason people oppose this is they are high level in high level guilds and do not want completion what's.the difference if people just buy a hundred dollars in gold shields which alot of people have done and max a character out
ChucklinChuckles

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions