Suggestion Stub, LEGS, Merc Cap, New Raid, 2e Easy Onslaught

What would you like to see in future updates?

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Subject

UNFINISHED DRAFT
UNFINISHED DRAFT
UNFINISHED DRAFT

Due to CJ’s schedule is is an unfinished draft that has not been proof read. Sorry Venan.

Overview
Legacy of Blades Raid (LEGS) is the only current Champion Valor Raid (CHV),
LEGS is high Might Onslaught (Phase 2 & 3) and hard (Phase 1 & 4),
LEGS has good rewards, like PvP, but is time consuming,
Set Merc Default to Zero (replacing current 50% of Merc Cap),
Raise Onslaught (CoC, WoF, KFS, LEGS) Merc Cap to 50,
Add a version of Gobblin’ Goblin to each Valor Tier that would drop Potion Materials,
Add a “2e Easy” button to Onslaught.

Body
Legacy of Blades Raid (LEGS) is the only Raid in Vile Realm Chapter 1- 2. I have grown to hate LEGS (see below).

Onslaught Merc Cap
To help reduce my hatred, Venan can set Merc Defualt to Zero for all Raids, replacing the current default of 50% of the Merc Cap. This will solve players accidently opening a LEGS the Guild wishes to be closed. The Guild can always increase or decrease the available slots during the Raid.  Raise all Onslaught Merc Caps to 50. Crypt of Corruption, War of Fellmarsh, Karnak’s Final Stand and Legacy of Blades Raids would all go from 15 Merc Cap to 50. Right now none of the Very High Might Players have *any* reason to run Captain Valor Raids. Raising the Merc Cap to 50 would allow Guilds with some members raiding at one Tier of Valor and other members raiding at another Tier of Valor to get together with similar Guilds and run joint Raids. Allowing the member so want to collaborate on Captain Valor to Raid together and those who want to collaborate on Champion Valor to Raid together, and those who want to Raid both to collaborate.

Research Note (you can skip this)- Mathematically, if you spend 10 Energy in Phase 2 or 3 of Legacy of Blades Raid, and get 1 kill, this is the same as 10 Energy in Karnak’s Last Stand Raid (KFS) and getting 24 kills or spending 48 Energy in Battle of the Vile Gate Raid (VG). If you die every other combat in Phase 4 of Legacy of Blades Raid, you average 50 RPP per 2 Energy. This is the same as 10 Energy and getting 8 kills in KFS or 16 Energy in VG. Using One Vile Healing Potion (3500 Silver Coin) in LEGS is the same as using 8 Large Healing Potions (1250 Silver Coin) in VG.
This is a generalization taking into account the diminishing returns of Hero Tokens, converting 20 Captain Valor into 1 Champion Valor, increased Flux drop rate of LEGS, Refined Essence and Pure Essence drops in LEGS.
Except for the emotion toll of sucking at Onslaught, this actually makes sense of why KFS has the same minimum Might requirement as Goblin King and LEGS has such a low minimum Might Requirement for its difficulty.

Tiny, Single Phase, Regular Raids.
Gobblin’ Goblins is popular due to an unintended consequence of MVP (Top 3) Feats, it is easy to get a 20+ tie for first place. It is also a quick Raid with few Combat Encounters/ Loot Drops (CELR). It is a single Phase Regular Raid.

Starting at Soldier Valor, Venan could add a new Raid, “Guarding Majerio X”, that is basically Gobblin’ Goblin (Same CELR, Valor Pool, Hero Token Pool) for each Tier of Valor. Ex: “Guarding Majerio II”Raid would have your Guild protecting Majerio while he travels through Dragonmoor. The Raid would be identical to Gobblin’ Goblin except for each squire Valor would be changed to one Knight Valor in the Reward Pool. Instead of Goblins, you would fight the Mobs from Lava Caves which would drop Fire Crystals. This would allow High Might characters to Farm Potion Materials.

Just like the Halloween Undead Invasion, “Guarding Majerio X” Raids would require the least amount of developer cycles to develop. It is vaguely inspired by my mangled understanding of “Instances” in World of Warcraft.

“Guarding Majerio X” Raids is an attempt to find a middle ground between the current Raids which are getting larger and larger and the suggestion of an Iron Finish (50% of Reward Pools for Bronze Finish, no Time Limit).

If each Valor had a Single Phase, Regular Raid, 1- 2 Raids with 90% Regular Phases and 10% Onslaught Phases, and a Raid with 25% Regular Phases and 75% Onslaught Phases, there would be a mix of Raids for casual gamers, power gamers, and those in between.

“2 Energy, Easy” button to Onslaught
If the player presses “4 Energy, Normal” or “10 Energy, Normal” during an Onslaught Phase, the Onslaught Timer appears and give the player 6 combat seconds (4 Energy) or 25 combat seconds (10 Energy) to kill. If the player presses “2 Energy, Easy”, the Onslaught Timer is grayed out (50% Transparency with color shift towards monochrome) with a Forbidden Symbol superimposed upon it (red circle with a red slash through it). During “2 Energy, Easy” Onslaught is replaced with Regular Raid Mechanics. This allows players to choose a) RPP Racing, b) RPP/ Energy Efficiency, or c) relaxed Raiding.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
I have grown to hate Legacy of Blades Raid.

My Shadow Walker and War Mage feel like they are fighting PvP in Phase 1 and Phase 4. The old PvP when Health was X4 and turn timer was 20 Real World Seconds. I am constantly Stunned, Interrupted or fighting Mobs with 100% Status Resist & Cleanse. Like PvP, the rewards are excellent, but they take so long to earn that I have a hard time using my full Energy Bar in Phase 1 & Phase 4.

During Phase 2 I can never prevent “Nether Ward”. I have cast Ensnare, Minor Break Rune and Major Break Rune only to have him cast a *fourth* Nether Ward while they are all in cool down. Or I will use Piercing Strike or Toxic Blade only to see his next action to cast, and complete, Nether Ward. So my Shadow Walker just switches between Piercing Strike 3, Reflexive Strike 1 and Toxic Blade 3. While the Boss keeps healing himself. I usually average 2- 3 CELR per 10 Energy.

I actually don’t mind Phase 3, because I have figured out Strategic Shift always take 0.50 combat seconds. Unless he is that dark silhouette Spec, then you can’t tell when the Boss is about to cast his next Strategic Shift. Or I leave the Raid for a few minutes, come back and Phase 3 is done. I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I have finished the Onslaught Timer in Phase 3. I take it back, I hate Phase 3 also.

I do not have access to Venan’s data, but is seems like LEGS is geared to Level 35 Characters with Tier 16 Weapons, Tier 16 Armor, Tier 14- 16 Cloak/ Ring/ Amulet. In a classic “Catch-22” characters have to be high Might Rating to be good at Raiding LEGS to get the Raid Rewards to increase their Might Rating to be good at Raiding LEGS.

Note 1)
BarbSpice, Shadow Walker, 24,982 Might, Status Resist 25.5%, 1H Damage 8.0%, Nature Damage 25% (Lethal Poison rank p3).

Agatha, War Mage, 19,535 Might, Status Resist 13.5%, Fire Damage 9.0%.

UNFINISHED DRAFT
UNFINISHED DRAFT
UNFINISHED DRAFT
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Suggestion Stub, LEGS, Merc Cap, New Raid, 2e Easy Onsla

Postby john12345 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Running kfs is a good time filler when lb is on cooldown. Kfs gives u essence/flux /hero score and some silver which everyone needs. Also good hero tokens payout which many players still have unmaxed.
if toon is under daily elixirs effect for lb and no lb is available , kfs is most reasonable choice. Personally I see it as gs waste spending e on anything except onslaught while on elixir.
john12345

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:44 am

Posted from my iPod

Legacy of Blades Raid, Phase 2, spent 10 Energy, killed SfD once, received 0 RPP, 8 Essence, some Silver Coin. Known Issue. Still. Annoys. Me.

"2 Energy, Easy" Button would make this situation at least 8 Energy less annoying.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
BoH v2.0.2 Legacy of Blades Raid Phase 2 still hate. Duration of SfD ward reduced to 2.0s, & made less frequent, does not matter to my characters since only getting 2- 3 Kills per 10 Energy. Ward's fast casting time makes it impractical, if not impossible, for my characters to interrupt or stun SfD before finish casting it.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Bimbosigliere » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:34 am

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby EricM » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 am

Some SW tips bj.

Poison does not and will never work for LoB p2 and p3 until you're at 30k+ might and 13000 magic stat or higher. Don't even try it for onslaught... it's a mess and a waste of time, rpp, runes, silver, gs, and all.

Honestly, your best bet is to buy 20 melee gems (of whatever tier; even if they're all t3, you're better off than struggling through poison at 24k might). Get enough haste gems to hit 40% haste. Stick the rest on dodge and crit. you'll be fine for p2. You'll get atleast 4 kills a round, and by 30k might (11k melee stat), that'll go up to as high as 20 kills a round. (I'm at 33k might averaging 24 kills a round with my full melee build, 12 kills a round with my full poison build)

As to melee build (pure onslaught), go with

If you want versatility and don't plan on using death wish, go with

EricM

Postby Shaillia_Noir » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:20 pm

This is actually a good idea but it should also be extended to all raids and all phases, give the players the option when entering the option to hit it as a standard 2e normal phase or the option to hit the phase as a 4e or 10e onslaught that would be a great solution for raiding
Shaillia_Noir

Postby Star_Citizen_Coming_Soon » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:29 pm

EricM wrote:Some SW tips bj.

Poison does not and will never work for LoB p2 and p3 until you're at 30k+ might and 13000 magic stat or higher. Don't even try it for onslaught... it's a mess and a waste of time, rpp, runes, silver, gs, and all.

Honestly, your best bet is to buy 20 melee gems (of whatever tier; even if they're all t3, you're better off than struggling through poison at 24k might). Get enough haste gems to hit 40% haste. Stick the rest on dodge and crit. you'll be fine for p2. You'll get atleast 4 kills a round, and by 30k might (11k melee stat), that'll go up to as high as 20 kills a round. (I'm at 33k might averaging 24 kills a round with my full melee build, 12 kills a round with my full poison build)

As to melee build (pure onslaught), go with

If you want versatility and don't plan on using death wish, go with

I have 8k magic. am able to get anywhere between 250~350 HS(average 290)in p2 and 290~350(average 315) HS in p3. Don't really count number of kills but i think at least 10 kills? it's not much but it's better than solo dungeon
Star_Citizen_Coming_Soon

Postby Sugenew » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:24 pm

If you are only getting 1-4 kills on onslaught in LEGS my suggestion is to go back to cv raids and might up before trying to do legs at minimum might required. You can easily get 25k might doing cv raids and it will make legs more enjoyable and you will have better success
Sugenew

Postby EricM » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:29 pm

Star_Citizen_due_2015 wrote:
I have 8k magic. am able to get anywhere between 250~350 HS(average 290)in p2 and 290~350(average 315) HS in p3. Don't really count number of kills but i think at least 10 kills? it's not much but it's better than solo dungeon

Hey Hai,

Are you using full poison or hybrid? I know hybrid works pretty well (Mine used ~7.5k magic/7k melee... performed about as well as yours), but at BJ's might (24k).... it'll be really hard for him to succeed at LoB onslaught with a pure poison build without overly spending on runes, elixirs, and potions.

Especially since he's struggling to even get one or two kills... he'd be better off switching to melee. Alot more straightforward (just alternating between piercing strike and basic).
EricM

Postby Bimbosigliere » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:24 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions