Vile Realm, Wandering Bosses (Saydon, Bromet, Orosin)

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Saydon, Keeper of the Mists

Postby finnpalm » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Finally!

I'm at 20 294 might and found Saydon in River Crossing. He dropped the following:

3 pure essence
3 indigo flux
5 essence
1 vile healing pot
1 mystery pot
1 emerald flux
1 gold shield
9 181 silver

"Tactics" I used included dots, purge runes, break runes, potion of haste, magic resistance, Melee resistance, and crit, plenty of runes, neither of which affected him (high resistance). Basically everything I could think of (even had to eat bacon to stay alive). I met him with my fire mage, but it still took a very long time to bring him down. Not sure if he's resistant to fire or I'm just not doing enough damage (someone said he's got 100 k hp so that might be the reason).

Will update this post when I find out more.
finnpalm

Postby SangFroid » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:26 pm

RF_finnpalm your post came off as though you were complaining about people not sharing info when I had a huge post already on the subject with a lot of info. If I took it the wrong way and that was not your intention I'm sorry for my response.

Thank you for the addition of the Saydon info. My might for the various toons was 24-26K. Did Saydon do the trick where he is low health and fully regenerates?
SangFroid

Postby finnpalm » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:50 am

SangFroid wrote:RF_finnpalm your post came off as though you were complaining about people not sharing info when I had a huge post already on the subject with a lot of info. If I took it the wrong way and that was not your intention I'm sorry for my response.

Thank you for the addition of the Saydon info. My might for the various toons was 24-26K. Did Saydon do the trick where he is low health and fully regenerates?

Well then I am sorry if I was unclear.

Yes he regenerated. I saw it was about to happen and didn't have a chance to counter it because I had just countered something else. Fortunately my health pots were off their cd so I could reg fully as well. :)

Some thoughts about Saydon's abilities that might help:

- He has an ability that regenerates his health completely, but it seems to have a very long cooldown because he only used it once. I may be wrong on the cd time and the ai simply failed. Gathering more info on this. The name of the ability is something along the lines of "nature's renewal" or some such, but I can't recall the name right now. You can probably figure it out with a little imagination and reading the names of his attacks carefully.

- Saydon does not seem to have any knockback effects. At least he didn't use any on me. Gathering more info on this as well.

- He has an interrupt similar to time void.

- He has an ability similar to Ice Spike Armor, called "Thorns", which deals 10% of your max health every time you attack Saydon. At least that's how I understood the wording. If someone thinks otherwise (for example you're dealt the damage every time Saydon attacks *you*) please say so.

- He has a "focus" attack similar to that of Prince of Blades, which resists most status changing effects. Once that's done however, he seems fairly succeptible to purge and major purge runes (but not to fire/ice/spirit/nature runes).

- He has a speed buff that makes him pretty fast but without it he's pretty average speedwise.
finnpalm

Vile Realm Wandering Bosses

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:40 am

Subject

1MA_scurvynaive wrote:Of course I am not sure how you farm a recipe from a mob that seems to appear less than 0.25% of the time.

Speaking of which has anyone found a place where they reliably appear? I have spent lots of time in the new areas but between three toons I have only encountered Bromet once and Saydon never.

MY PERSONAL OPINION

Chat and Forum Mods, including me, do not work for Venan. Unless a Dev answers we will never have definite answers. Personally I think it should be like Spoilers, the Devs don’t answer questions about Vile Realm Ch 1- 2 surprises until Ch 3 is released. Under this system they should tell us the Shard Drop rate for Karnak’s Temple since Vile Realm Ch 1 is released, but I digress.

Vile Realm Ch 1 & Ch 2 each have a map and each map has a Wandering Boss. Maybe Vile Realm Ch 3- 5 each have a Wandering Boss.

Difficulty Rating- Medium and up

Rumor says you cannot get a Wandering Boss until you get the “Continued in Vile Realms Ch 3” message (unlocked Legacy of Blades Raid).

I would be interested in where you got 0.25% as a number. Rumor says that the Wandering Bosses follow the rules of each HoliGob appearance- No Raid Zones, No Dungeon Zones, any Endless Encounter Zone, limited to one map. Rumor says that each eligible encounter has a 1:400 chance of being a Wandering Boss (Edit: Bims says lower. SPOONS!). At those odds, 200k+ combats in the Vile Realm might *still* not give the actual odds of appearance (see below).

Difficulty Rating- Advanced and up

Using our Crude Lockbox Simulation:
Crude Lockbox Simulation or Explaining Random Number Generators
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4895

In this example, we are simulating getting a Wandering Boss (Tails = 200 eligible combats with no Boss, actual odds may be different).

Take a break from reading this Post and flip a coin ( or a die roll ), I will wait. How many flips did it take you before you got a Heads result in the coin flip ( or an even number result in the die roll ) ?

Wandering Boss Examples:
If your first flip was Heads, then in the simulation it took you 1- 199 eligible combats to get a Boss.
If you flipped Tails, Tails, and then Heads, in the simulation it took you 401- 599 eligible combats to get a Boss.
If you flipped Tails, Tails, Tails, Tails and then Heads, in the simulation it took you 801- 999 eligible combats to get a Boss.

To demonstrate how this can vary from character to character, repeat this five times. How many flips did it take to get Heads?

Let us say that 10,000 people attempt to get a Wandering Boss. The first time a person fights an eligible combat, they may fight a Wandering Boss. With Random Number Generators (RNG), it is impossible to know what will happen until you enter combat. But you can say what will happen with large groups of people and many eligible combats. Examining the Wandering Boss data, half of the people ( 5,000 ) will take 1- 199 eligible combats to get their first Boss, but half ( 5,000 ) will take 200+ eligible combats. A handful of players ( 10- 20 ) will take 1,801+ eligible combats to get their *first* Boss. Hopefully Wandering Bosses start at 1:400 odds and the odds get better the more Energy you spend in a Map.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Tip Stub, Fighting Saydon, Keeper of the Mists

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Subject
Tip Stub, Fighting Saydon, Keeper of the Mists

My Shadow Walker has fought Saydon 2- 3 times and my War Mage has fought Saydon twice. These combats are long and infrequent. What I remember is below.

After unlocking Legacy of Blades Raid, I was trying to complete unfinished Quests. While fighting Vile Rats for Colette, I found Saydon in the cellar (Don’t Panic. Too late!). While Farming for Blue Bags, and Embers of Enduring Fire, in River Crossing, found Saydon again (Don’t Panic. He healed for 83k!).

Damage Over Time (DOT) is helpful. His "Thorn" Buff appears to be like "Spiky Ice Armor" which does not reflect damage if he Dodges or takes damage from a DOT, only reflecting Hits and Crits.

When he gets low on Health, he has a very long cast “Lifeblood of the Forest” that fully Heals him. Last time I fought him, He resisted Time Void, Icy Grasp, Minor Break Rune, Major Break Rune, Pepper (Stun), Snap Cast+ Ice Lance, then healed for 83k Health. Other times, I believe I interrupted it, or used knockback, but not sure. The first and last time I fought him he caste “Lifeblood of the Forest”. Once my Shadow Walker used Smokebomb against “Lifeblood of the Forest” as did a Guild Mate.

War Mage tried Haste 10% Potion, Dodge 20% Potion & Chocolate (Crit, Crit Power), but without my Elixir of Speed (Note 1), he was able to cast “Lifeblood of the Forest”. After he healed 83k Health, I used Crit 20% Potion, Dodge 20% Potion & Chocolate (Crit, Crit Power) to help Fire Master rank 2 (Crit Power and DOT) and kill Saydon.

CJ, my wife, felt Saydon had a higher Melee Resist than Magic Resist. She also ran into him in the rat cellar.

Like Prince of Blades, Saydon has multiple Specs. While he is changing Specs, he is immune to Debuffs.

Note 1)
Elixirs can only be activated from inventory when not in combat.

Edit Latest Info
Saydon, Keeper of the Mist
Specs cannot be removed with Purge Runes or Radiant Light
Spec Mistshroud Dodge +25%, Damage increase +25%, and Hides Attack Names (this sucks when Lifeblood of the Forest is hidden)

Buffs can be removed with Purge Runes or Radiant Light
Buff Petrified Bark Reduce all incoming damage by 50%
Buff Swiftness Increase Attack Speed by 50%
Buff Thorns Reflects 10% of your max health as damage whenever you’re attacks

Lifeblood of the Forest restores him to full Health. High Status Resist while casting, so Knockback is a better bet. Appears to only cast it once per encounter, so most you have to do is kill him twice to get him to stay dead.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Vile Realm Wandering Bosses

Postby BiffQJ » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject

Vile Realm Ch 1 & Ch 2 each have a map and each map has a Wandering Boss. Maybe Vile Realm Ch 3- 5 each have a Wandering Boss.

My wildly irresponsible, shot in the dark, purely speculative guess is that these "elementals" ( as someone else called them) will appear in maps 1-4, and then all four will show up together in one killer raid phase in map 5 that will make the p4 of LoB look like p1 of Skar. :)
BiffQJ

Postby finnpalm » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:I'd be interested in where you got 0.25% as a number.

I think that's because it takes approximately 400 combats before they show up. Not that that mathematically means a 1 in 400 chance, but I think that people use it that way. It took me about 400 battles too. If I'm average, which is most likely if it's a bell curve, then.. *calculates*..

EDIT: Can someone do the math please? I'm on a tram and it's shaking. :3

EDIT2: What I'm trying to say is that other elites that drop pots, holigob or lucky only becomes more probable to meet if you spend e in one go. The moment you leave the zone the probability resets. The same happens after you encounter them.

But let's assume that the game remembers how much e you've spent in either of the vile realm maps, and it actually works like this, what is the formula for the other elites and event mobs? Or perhaps it's a flat rate chance and after 399 battles the probability automatically becomes 1. I think it would be a bit cumbersome for the game servers to keep track of every single player farming in the vile realm so I'm not sure..
finnpalm

Postby finnpalm » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Just encountered Bromet in Dense Forest. My might is same as above, 20 k something.

He dropped the following:

2 Amber Flux
1 gs
1 vile heal pot
1 mystery pot
2 pure essence
3 essence
9 242 silver

Thoughts on the encounter:
Bromet rotates a few abilities, including one with a knockback effect, one "regular" melee atk, the ability "petrify" which slows you by 15% for each stack and stacks up to four at which point you "turn to stone". The latter ability is also done with "Intense Focus", same as Saydon and Prince of Blades, raising his status resist very high. In my personal experience Bromet was a lot easier to take on with my fire spec wm. Possibly because he didn't heal like Saydon, but also because runes worked fairly well on him.

Both mobs does however have a fair amount of resist I think.

Tactics I used against Bromet:

Hit him, purification pot to remove stacks of petrify, heal pot. I did use melee resist and haste at first but forgot about them after a while, nature and ice runes, minor purge runes. That's about it. All in all easier for my wm than Saydon.

What's you folks' experience? Which is easier for which classes?
finnpalm

Postby Bimbosigliere » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:18 am

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby scurvynaive » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:11 pm

RF_finnpalm wrote:
Bj_Knows wrote:I'd be interested in where you got 0.25% as a number.

I think that's because it takes approximately 400 combats before they show up. Not that that mathematically means a 1 in 400 chance, but I think that people use it that way. It took me about 400 battles too. If I'm average, which is most likely if it's a bell curve, then.. *calculates*..

EDIT: Can someone do the math please? I'm on a tram and it's shaking. :3

EDIT2: What I'm trying to say is that other elites that drop pots, holigob or lucky only becomes more probable to meet if you spend e in one go. The moment you leave the zone the probability resets. The same happens after you encounter them.

But let's assume that the game remembers how much e you've spent in either of the vile realm maps, and it actually works like this, what is the formula for the other elites and event mobs? Or perhaps it's a flat rate chance and after 399 battles the probability automatically becomes 1. I think it would be a bit cumbersome for the game servers to keep track of every single player farming in the vile realm so I'm not sure..

Ya I more or less pulled that number out of a hat based on personal experience estimates. The fact that others are reporting a dev told them it was 1 in 400 would be pure luck on my guesswork lol.
scurvynaive

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions