Vile Realm, Wandering Bosses (Saydon, Bromet, Orosin)

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Saydon, Keeper of the Mists

Postby scurvynaive » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:10 am

I am wondering if these guys drop a recipe of some kind. The emblem of enduring fire that drops in river crossing goes to your materials section of inventory despite no known recipes for it.
Of course I am not sure how you farm a recipe from a mob that seems to appear less than 0.25% of the time.

Speaking of which has anyone found a place where they reliably appear? I have spent lots of time in the new areas but between three toons I have only encountered Bromet once and Saydon never. That being said I mostly am farming vile lichen for mystery potions so if they do not appear in that area it could be the reason.

Still though I have completed every side quest on three toons so I am sure that is hundreds of encounters across all areas and only one occurence so farming it would be torture. Hopefully they increase spawn rate to something closer to the elite areas where you get all of the other potion recipes.
scurvynaive

Postby Penth_chief_among_sinners » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:47 pm

I ran into Bromet in the war council area. He was nasty.
Penth_chief_among_sinners

Postby finnpalm » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:19 am

After I heard about these guys I've been spending all my e for several days trying to find them, but nothing.

If people could list what areas they've been seen in, along with any other information that may be of use, like how much e was spent before finding them, what might you are and so on. That way we might be able to discern a pattern. Like for example:

- Do they show up in any area, or are there exceptions?
- Do they only show up if you're at least a certain might rating?
- Does the chance of finding them increase with the amount of e spent in a row, like the "normal" elites?

Please provide this info so we can try to rule out some factors, because right now it's very vague and "sometimes", "rarely", and "in the vile realm" is not much to go by.

Thanks.
finnpalm

Postby japster » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:37 pm

I think it's absolutely random. I was hunting for them for weeks, then suddenly I encountered Saydon twice in my 50e dump while farming for mats for my guild.

The next day at accursed steps, I ran into the other rare boss as well.
japster

Postby Bimbosigliere » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:57 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Bimbosigliere wrote:I've heard from reliable sources that the spawn rate was 1/400. But has since been changed to even lower than that. If this is so, and eventually these two elemental bosses start dropping recipes, and with recipe drops as we all know they are.....I'm done! Took me 6 months and 35 kills to get the haste recipe!!!

I suggest you complain to Patsy about that Bims. ;)

(I'm painfully trying to avoid imagining how long it would take to farm 300 Saydons for a recipe drop... :( :( :( :( )
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby finnpalm » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:36 am

Ok, so no one wants to share any helpful info? Just "random"?
finnpalm

Postby japster » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:24 am

RF_finnpalm wrote:Ok, so no one wants to share any helpful info? Just "random"?

Because it's absolutely random (unless the devs have stated otherwise), there's no such thing as helpful information. Any information would just be pure speculation and may lead to false hope and greater disappointment.
japster

Postby SangFroid » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:32 pm

I'm sorry was me spending all my time hunting for Bromet in each are sequentially so that I could confirm and post that he is in fact in every non dungeon/raid area of the Accursed Steppe not specific enough? I would guess that the bosses appear every 1/200-1/400 encounters so how do you expect people to have come up with some magical advice based on such a rare and random encounter?

Just a suggestion if you are not willing to do any of the work to go track him down and see if there are any patterns or special drops at least have the common courtesy not to complain about people not spoon feeding you answers.
SangFroid

Postby finnpalm » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:10 pm

SangFroid wrote:

I'm sorry was me spending all my time hunting for Bromet in each are sequentially so that I could confirm and post that he is in fact in every non dungeon/raid area of the Accursed Steppe not specific enough? I would guess that the bosses appear every 1/200-1/400 encounters so how do you expect people to have come up with some magical advice based on such a rare and random encounter?

Just a suggestion if you are not willing to do any of the work to go track him down and see if there are any patterns or special drops at least have the common courtesy not to complain about people not spoon feeding you answers.

Wow. Way to take it personal. I've spent a lot of energy searching for them and still do so that point is moot. Did you even read what I asked for? Is your might "magical knowledge" now? The reason I asked for, among other things, the might of those who had faced him is that if you're all 30 k + might that *might* mean that they don't show unless you're at least 30 k might. If someone of lower might has encountered them, that obviously mean it's a scaling mob (you can get into the vile realm with some 7 k + might and do the quests with little trouble). See how I'm trying to RULE OUT possibilities?

So mr or ms "friendly", don't you think a forum is a great place to COLLABORATE in gathering facts? To help each other? Nooo, I should be ashamed for asking for help in the forums clearly, and go out and do all the information gathering alone.

Now, if I had any info to post I would gladly do so, but I have as of yet not met either of the mobs, so therefore have none to share.

So far we know that the mobs show up in different areas. To rule out that no areas are excluded we can gather facts about in what areas they have been encountered. If we don't cover all available areas that way we can not assume anything, BUT it *might* mean that they only show in certain areas. This will help those who have not yet encountered them by pointing them to areas they most definately have been encountered in. I know one place and for the sake of potentially helping someone, it's River Crossing (Saydon spawns there apparently). I have however not met Saydon there personally so I can't know for sure that I'm passing on correct information.

That's all I know. If I learn more from someone willing to share info instead of blaming me for not figuring it out on my own I will share that info here.

EDIT: By the way your info is great but would have been even more helpful if you pointed out that it was you yourself who found Bromet in all those places. Right now your post reads more like it's hearsay, and that could've come a long way. But thanks for clarifying.
finnpalm

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions