Mega Topic: Reseting Tomes (Merged)

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Reset hero points

Postby Hai5 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 pm

There is no need to reset hero training tokens. You should distribute tokens among each stats equally to yield the fastest Might increase. If you focus on one or two stats, eventually diminish return will punish your Might progress severely. My WM has 180 token required for nex advancement in all stats, including melee. Even melee is useless for my wm but it is necessary to get the Might needed to do harder raids. If you already have say for example 150 in melee and rest all 10, you still don't need to reset it, just level up all other stats equally, eventually all other stats will catch up your melee stat. Each stats increase in hero training gives +8 Might
Hai5

Postby Knagrim » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:34 pm

I also agree with it. It took me some time experimenting to find out the combination best suited for my style of play. Now I find that I have wasted quite a few tokens. I don't mind spending gold shields to be able to relearn the training.
Knagrim

Postby strife97 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:29 pm

I normally wouldn't agree with this kind of idea because if you misplace your Hero Tokens thats your own fault, but theres a reset on Skills for a reason (not just cuz of screw ups, but because dif Skill changes may be more beneficial to some on varying raids/quest zones so allows optimization). I don't think Hero Token reset should be introduced due to people failing to place their Hero Tokens "correctly", but rather that the optimal placement of Hero Tokens to optimize your character may change over time.

For example I initially distributed Hero Tokens across all stats evenly, and that was a legitimate strategy for me because it increased might faster (still don't see it as a mistake and is something i can live with), but as time progresses and one's Might exceeds the upcoming raids (for some even the final raid) a reset to re-optimize Hero Training for their current needs, even if it may result in lower Might but a better toon overall in combat, should be available for a set amount like 5 gs or 10 gs.
strife97

Postby GioRGiO » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:37 am

Hai5 wrote:There is no need to reset hero training tokens. You should distribute tokens among each stats equally to yield the fastest Might increase. If you focus on one or two stats, eventually diminish return will punish your Might progress severely. My WM has 180 token required for nex advancement in all stats, including melee. Even melee is useless for my wm but it is necessary to get the Might needed to do harder raids. If you already have say for example 150 in melee and rest all 10, you still don't need to reset it, just level up all other stats equally, eventually all other stats will catch up your melee stat. Each stats increase in hero training gives +8 Might

I do understand what you mean but It will take quite alot of time to max all your hero tokens by doing it evenly. Yes there is a diminished return by focusing on individual stats but with the abundance of healing potions I find it more practical (especially in raiding) to ignore the resist stats. Even at 11.5k might (able to raid all bosses) I still havnt needed to train resist stats above 100, and this has ensured I can kill enemies much quicker and therefore raid/farm more often which helps my might grow faster that way. Eventually I will cap my hero token stat upgrade ability (already done with crit) and that's when I will start upgrading my resist stats but for no other reason than to increase my might further.
GioRGiO

Postby Hai5 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:25 am

Personal preference :)
Hai5

Postby Marney » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:01 pm

I agree with Gio on this; even distribution leads to the maximization only of Might, an overall rating that does not necessarily improve combat effectiveness. Far better to concentrate on the areas which actually do help performance, and let Might rise over time, naturally, as it's supposed to.
Marney

hero token- Reset

Postby ImSoSmart_S_M_R_T » Mon May 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Its possible to move your ability point around. Why not hero token. Even if I have to pay with gs Iwouldnt mind to get something so that I could move all my hero token in a more direction that would work on how I fight.
ImSoSmart_S_M_R_T

Re: hero token

Postby EricM » Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 pm

Why not just earn more?

Hero tokens aren't limited by a cap the same way ability points are. You can max out all of them without any real penalties.
EricM

Resetting Hero Training!

Postby FS_Man_Of_Steel_TFGM » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:34 am

I and I'm sure many others have a toon or more that they're not happy with possibly due to earlier mistakes made in Hero Training. I and I'm sure many others have high lvl toons that they've put in not only a lot of hard work but a lot of gs as well and can't justify restarting that toon just to redo their Hero Training to make sure that they don't make the same mistakes (I know that you can always readjust gems and gear etc and still have a very good toon build). Here's an example of my dilemma as minor as some may think it is, it's nothing but a niggling annoyance to me. I made a particular stupid mistake by adding some dodge tomes in HT to my justicar, and its not a lot but its enough to make him successfully dodge from time to time and I'm a 2 hander with vengeance and as most know that with vengeance the more you get hit the better. I'm very happy with my build except for that one thing. Please venan consider adding an option where you can click on any one of the tomes in HT to reset whatever attribute you feel you could do without, or less of. I imagine that if this option is put in place that you will have to pay a price, as it seems to be the case with everything in BoH but it's a price I'm prepared to pay. For example, which ever tome you decide to reset would be reset back to zero at a cost of losing all the Hero Tokens you spent on that particular tome. In my case is the dodge that I thoughtlessly applied which I would be more than happy to pay the price of losing all the previous Hero Tokens that I spent on it. Please seriously consider this because I know I'm not the only one out there who would like to reset some of their Hero Training mistakes. And it's not just on my justicar. I do have a couple of other toons that I'd love to be able to reset one or two of my tomes in HT.

[FS]_Man_Of_Steel_TFGM
FS_Man_Of_Steel_TFGM

Re: Resetting Hero Training!

Postby Berlo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 am

I'm not sure why you would want to do this, it's not like there is restrictions to Hero Token training. You can essentially max out every single stat, I think they cap out at a cost of 500 tokens each. Just keep farming and you can eventually max out the ones you wanted to do earlier.
Berlo

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions