My experience farming "Free" gold shields (NativeX)

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

My experience farming "Free" gold shields (NativeX)

Postby Biggensak » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:09 pm

For those of you running the game on iOS devices who have access I figured I'd share my experience using various "Earn Free Gold" promos via the external NativeX portal that's built in to the game since I, among many of you, was fairly skeptical at first. I've had the full range of experiences from both the simple "install and run" freebies to an incident that required I cancel a credit card due to a nearly $300 fraudulent charge.

Setting expectations... If you assume you are going to get 100% of your payback immediately it's simply not going to happen... however I've gotten paid on ALL of the promotions I've fulfilled my end of the bargain on by using the "need help" button in the lower right corner of the History screen. I'd put my immediate payout success at around 60%, the rest get credited a few days later when NativeX gets around to looking at their messages.

The easiest, lowest risk/lowest reward options are the free "install and run" games or apps. Typically your payout is 1-5 shields and you need to, as stated, install and run the game or app. Read the text when you are reviewing the offers to make sure there are no in game purchase requirements, etc... Most (particularly the 1-2 shield payouts) will credit you for simply opening the app and then switching back to BoH, I will usually play through any basic tutorial since a few promos require this extra step but don't explicitly call it out in the offer text. A few games try to get you to link to your Facebook account (which I don't have) but not doing so has never prevented me from getting a payout.

Of the high payout "Free" promotions, the "FreeCreditScore.com" takes the cake at a 200 shield payout at 0 cost but you must call to cancel your account within 7 days to avoid a $10 monthly charge. I did this and it was no big deal, 5 minutes on the phone without any gimmicks or "please come back" stuff. The gold shield credit was immediate after I set up my account.

The Discover Card promo is also a big payout freebie (440 shields if you quality and don't mind opening and then closing a revolving charge account) but I did have to forward the "your card is on the way" email to NativeX to get it credited.

On the paid side, GoDaddy'com is a good value, register a domain for $8 and you get 240 shields (worth about $20 if purchased in game)... credit was immediate.

JibJab e-card is only worthwhile if you really want the service, $12 for a year of access for 74 shields vs 120 if you buy them directly for $10 in-game, but it's paid immediately.

Healthsource Multivitamin is a scam, period. The offer is a one month trial of some multivitamins for $5 shipping and handling for a 200 shield payout. I figured it was a good value ($5 only gets you 55 shields in game) and signed up figuring I'd call and cancel as soon as the product arrived, however the charge was denied and triggered a fraud alert on my Chase card... I talked to Chase about it and decided to leave the charge denied and just forget the whole thing... but a few days later a new $295.98 charge from "PPL*Shakeology 800-470-7870 CA" showed up on my statement. I called Chase and they indicated the "profile" (category and merchant info) was similar to the denied charge and had it reversed, then cancelled my card and issued me a new one to avoid further activity. Between the 30 minutes on the phone with Chase plus the time to change my auto-bill account on a number of sites I'll probably end up burning 3-4 hours cleaning up the mess. I've notified NativeX of the situation so they can follow-up with the vendor as well... irritating since I never did get the 200 shield payout for my trouble. :)

.. anyway, hope this information is of some use to other players, I'm sure there are other promos out there I've missed so feel free to reply/add to this thread if you have experiences to share on the topic.
Biggensak

Re: My experience farming "Free" gold shields (NativeX)

Postby DreamingDæmon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Useful, thanks.
I've only done the low end free app offers to date, but have been considering GoDaddy and a paid film rental service, but hadn't taken the plunge yet!
DreamingDæmon

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:01 pm

This is a very good post.

I expect Fero and CarloDanger could add more to this than anyone in game...they having (as far as I know) the highest might toons built on "free offers" only.

Musket too could contribute quite a bit to this...if he were still around. :cry:
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Bbbb » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Well, since my name was invoked, it used to be that the free offers would pay out on their own. Now almost every time you do one, you have to nag NativeX to get paid out. Since I'm only playing very part time now, I haven't been messing with it.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is to try to get your hands on multiple iOS devices.

BTW: I fell out of the top 100 might for the first time in 2013. I quit enchanting and went hoarding for transfer costs....
Bbbb

Postby Frozensoul » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:54 am

yea works rly nice. i mailed their support one time and they set all of my pending promos to success! do it
Frozensoul

Postby Gastank » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:18 am

I noticed that my iPad 1 no longer has the option for free gold shields. I'm guessing it's because most install and run offers wouldn't run since most of them would require higher than iOS 5.
Gastank

Postby DreamingDæmon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:04 pm

Gastank wrote:I noticed that my iPad 1 no longer has the option for free gold shields. I'm guessing it's because most install and run offers wouldn't run since most of them would require higher than iOS 5.

I understand IOS7 is required for offers.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Bbbb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:18 pm

DreamingDaemon wrote:
Gastank wrote:I noticed that my iPad 1 no longer has the option for free gold shields. I'm guessing it's because most install and run offers wouldn't run since most of them would require higher than iOS 5.

I am getting offers on iOS 6. There are probably a handful which require iOS 7. Also, some require hardware that isn't on my 3gs.
Bbbb

Postby DreamingDæmon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:31 pm

CarlosDanger wrote:
DreamingDaemon wrote:

I am getting offers on iOS 6. There are probably a handful which require iOS 7. Also, some require hardware that isn't on my 3gs.

Okies, I was working off information supplied by a guildie, as I'm on Droid. I shall chastise him appropriately for supplying me with duff info!
DreamingDæmon

Return to Discussions