Halloween in Glenfort!

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Halloween in Glenfort!

Postby Turia » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:34 pm

DreamingDaemon wrote:Poor old Venan. They just can't get a break. They run a special holiday event, with the best weapon yet available, and all they get is complaints.

But let's look at the alternatives:
*t15 1h weapon - everyone complains about it only being for SWs and PvP
* t14 weapon - everyone complains it's no better than the current CV / top pvp weapon.
* t13 weapon - everyone complains it's just the frying pan with a different skin and not worth their time as not as powerful as t14.
* lower weapon - everyone complains it's not worth their time
* armour piece - everyone complains that it's not a weapon and doesn't fit their current set
* 2h weapon - everyone complains it can't be used in pvp or by SWs.

What's a developer to do? A 1h weapon can be used by any class. If a player wishes to use it, they can. If they CHOOSE NOT TO USE IT, they don't have to. Yes! Your Mage can use it! So can your Justi! EVEN *shock* in PvE!!

Personally, I love these events. They're a bit of fun, a change from the normal grind of raids and farming mats. I love the humour that gets interjected XD
And I say this as (primarily) a 2h Justi who does not PvP, so to whom a 1h t15 is a pretty bauble to stash in inventory and never use. I'll be doing the event for the event's sake!

This event hasn't even started, and the complaining is running away and threatening to overshadow the event. Take part. Don't take part. Whatever. But be aware that the more people who complain about an event being "unfair, waahhh", the more likely that the developer is just gonna say "Y'know what? Screw it." and not run them in future, or run them with prizes that are either purely cosmetic, or not available across the board.

Venan, I appreciate the work and thought you guys are putting in. The excitement I've seen in chat channels says I'm not the only one.
Good Job, guys!

What Dae said !

Stop your whining folks !

Thanks Venan - bring on the trick or treatin'
Turia

Postby Bbbb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:59 pm

The T15 is nearly worthless for SW as well due to transfer costs especially since T16 is hopefully just around the corner.
Bbbb

Postby DrgnDwn_JBeezy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:37 pm

So when can we expect more details on the Halloween Event? We're trying to create a guild raid schedule and that's hard to do without much information about the event starting tomorrow. If it ends up being anything like Werechef (every 2 hours, then changed to every 3.5 hrs) then we might as well just throw the raid schedule away until the event is over & hope the other guilds do the same so we don't lose our power ranking.
DrgnDwn_JBeezy

Postby john12345 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:01 pm

t16 weapon could make more sense. anyway we all get it soon in 2.0. event winners could just grab it in advance, maybe in different skin than regular t16.
most pvp-ing justie wm would love it and start enchanting right now, while enchanting t15 is highly questionnable when t16 coming soon.
three possible problems I can see it's temporary disadvantage for 2h pvp toons ,
overpowering low might toon with best weapon.
and temporary advantage of sw in kfs.
but actually 2h pvp r ALREADY in disadvantage position, so little worse win chance shouldnt matter much for them
and low mights anyway getting big powerup by getting second best weapon.
sw anyway getting temporary advantage in kfs now if decide to enchant t15.

venan probably also less interested in t16 drop now because many players will enchant t15 to max lvl to get temporary advantage in pvp/kfs and then will transfer to t16. more enchanting-> more gs spent
john12345

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:46 pm

My concern is that this event might follow the "lucky the leprechaun" format and not the "Tragick" or "Were-chef" format. With the latter, you know you got the item on the 30th (and enchant on the 100th) kill. With a lockbox format, some lucky toons will hit the big prize on day 1 or 2, while others may open 100 or more lockboxes and never get the big prize.

I hope I am wrong, and that there will be some way to measure progress toward the big prize.
NikoNarf_1

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Hopefully Niko, Venan will have learned from that and will make the lockbox % scale as a function of "attempts" to avoid some of the unfortunate outcomes (i.e. people opening hundreds of boxes for naught).
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Nek_the_Moshi_Finger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:25 am

Posted by Venan on Facebook:

"Heroes!

Halloween is coming to Glenfort! Unfortunately, the undead have taken this opportunity to launch a full scale invasion! End the undead threat at all costs and earn some sweet unique rewards! Test your luck with the trick or treat lockbox! Trade in your candy corn for Vampire Wings, Furry Hooves, and more (including a tier 15 one handed weapon)!

The event will run from 4pm EDT/8pm GMT on 10/25 to 3pm EST/8pm GMT on 11/3."

So, looks like lockbox event.
Nek_the_Moshi_Finger

Postby john12345 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:55 am

FT_NikoNarf wrote: lucky toons will hit the big prize

what do u calling a big prize? ;) is such one expected?
john12345

Lockbox? or Pirate Shop?

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:58 am

BDS_Nekronom wrote:So, looks like lockbox event.

MY PERSONAL OPINION

I do not work for Venan.

But, the Feats say you can Earn or Buy Candy Corn. For the million Silver Coin Feat, Silver from Lockbox counts.

I am betting it is like the Pirate Shop. You can spend Candy Corn you earned from the Invasion on Gear. If you are a few Candy Corn short, you can try the "Trick or Treat" Lockbox to make up the difference in Candy Corn.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Nek_the_Moshi_Finger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:26 pm

I guess we shall see in a couple hours.
Nek_the_Moshi_Finger

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News