lost loyalty- 50% after 1st Raid with new Guild

What would you like to see in future updates?

lost loyalty- 50% after 1st Raid with new Guild

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Currently, if you leave your guild, you lose your loyalty bonuses, but get them back when you return to the same guild. However, if you join a new guild, your total loyalty is halved, and leaving that guild to return to the original guild halves loyalty again.

A few heroes miss the fun of chatting with friends in other guilds.

Suppose that loyalty bonuses are only halved when you raid with another guild.

So character "Fred" could leave "Guild A", losing all loyalty bonuses, join "Guild B", still with no loyalty bonuses, and fight in dungeons and chat. So long as Fred does not raid with Guild B, his loyalty bonuses remain full strength upon returning to Guild A. The moment Fred enters his first raid with Guild B, bonuses with Guild A are lost, and Fred now gets loyalty with Guild B at half the progress from Guild A.
NikoNarf_1

Re: lost loyalty

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:34 pm

I'm still promoting my Visitor Chat Channel in each guild...I simply want an easy means of visiting aguild to chat and not have to try and find or get them to open a raid for me.

Though Niko's suggestion here would bring back a feel of the 1.5 Socializing Merc...which was a great aspect of the game that was lost with 1.6 when players became cocooned in their present guilds.
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby CrzyHopper » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Mithrid wrote:I'm still promoting my Visitor Chat Channel in each guild...I simply want an easy means of visiting aguild to chat and not have to try and find or get them to open a raid for me.

Though Niko's suggestion here would bring back a feel of the 1.5 Socializing Merc...which was a great aspect of the game that was lost with 1.6 when players became cocooned in their present guilds.

I like the idea of a visitor chat channel. They can find the guild and request to enter their chat. That way it can be controlled who comes in to chat. Otherwise you will get unwanted trolls.
CrzyHopper

Postby Darkhorse » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:52 pm

The idea of implementing custom chat channels in general has come up a few times and I think it's something we want to implement in the future. That being said, it still needs to be scoped out and have significant dev time allocated... so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Just know that personally I'm a big fan of the idea and would definitely like to do it.
Darkhorse

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Darkhorse wrote:The idea of implementing custom chat channels in general has come up a few times and I think it's something we want to implement in the future. That being said, it still needs to be scoped out and have significant dev time allocated... so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Just know that personally I'm a big fan of the idea and would definitely like to do it.

Thanks for the dev response Darkhorse...I think at the end of the day, what we are all really looking for is an easy way of traveling across guilds to visit and socialize...this really was an aspect of 1.5 that did wonders for the BoH community.
Possessed_Mithrid

Visitor Rights

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:12 am

Subject
Visitor Rights

Mithrid wrote:I'm still promoting my Visitor Chat Channel in each guild...I simply want an easy means of visiting aguild to chat and not have to try and find or get them to open a raid for me.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
I am endorsing Visitor Chat Channel and disagreeing with Reseting Loyalty after 1st Raid with a Guild.

When I Merced with Celestrial Being in v1.3/ 1.4, I would hang out between Raids and run Dungeon Zones with their awesome Guild Favors. While you could set this new programming to only grant you Guild Favors for the Guild you currently have Perks with, I already see lots of confusion, BoH Urban Legends and false bug reports on the Forums, and in Chat, without making the confusing game mechanic of Guild Loyalty becoming even more opaque to the player.

A Visitor Chat Channel would be familiar to players from the "Raid Finder" mechanic of adding the Chat Channel for the Guild you are Mercing.

As an added advantage, this would allow you to check out a Guild before joining it. With a Merc Cap of 15, it can be difficult to check out a new Guild when your old Guild dies. If the new Guild has X-Rated language, unpublished Raid rules, or is dismissive of female gamers, you lose 50% Loyalty a second time when you leave this poor choice of a Guild and search for a better Guild.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions