Update 1.7.2 - August 15, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Update 1.7.2 - August 15, 2013

Postby Darkhorse » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:58 pm

There will be a server maintenance period on Thursday, August 15 at 11 AM EDT/3 PM GMT. This maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours. This maintenance will be used to deploy game update 1.7.2!

Other Notes

-We're working behind the scenes to make improvements to the matchmaking system in PVP. Although not visible to you at the moment, we are hard at work to make sure that we improve the matchmaking to put a stronger emphasis on performance in addition to your might and level.
-You might have noticed that we've been relatively quiet since 1.7 has launched about future major updates. We'll be announcing more information very soon!

General
  • Player backgrounds have been added!
    • Players can now choose which background they want behind their characters by selecting a background in the Equipment screen. This background will show up anywhere the player's character is displayed.
    • New backgrounds have been added to the PVP beta vendor (see below). In the future, we will be adding many more player backgrounds to the game.
  • General improvements to the shader engine and memory optimizations have been made to the game. These should result in increased performance for many older devices that were running slowly including but not limited to the iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone 3g, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4, etc.

PVP
  • PVP Beta rewards have been implemented!
    • PVP fights will now drop a currency that is exclusive to the PVP beta. This currency can be used at Lady Gwynn's shop to purchase special PVP beta rewards.
    • New unique Tier 10, Tier 12, and Tier 14 Main Hand Swords have been added to Lady Gwynn's shop. These weapons will be exclusive to the beta and will not be available after PVP Season 1 begins.
    • New unique Tier 10, Tier 12, and Tier 14 Main Hand Axes have been added to Lady Gwynn's shop. These weapons will be exclusive to the beta and will not be available after PVP Season 1 begins.
    • Tier 3, Tier 4, and Tier 5 gems have been added to Lady Gwynn's shop.
    • Three new player backgrounds have been added to Lady Gwynn's shop. These player backgrounds will be exclusive to the beta and will not be available after PVP Season 1 begins.
  • The pre-match PVP screen now shows your opponent's class, level, and might.

Feats
  • Heroic feats have been added to the game. These feats will not show up in the list if they have not been earned. These feats will also not count against your completion percentage if they have not been earned. Currently there are two heroic feats in the game, however we will be adding many more in the future!

User Interface
  • Guilds can now be renamed via the Guild Management UI. The cost to rename a guild is in line with creating a new guild (but keeps the current guild structure, XP, guild challenges, progress etc.).
  • Implemented a system for Guild Officers to take over a guild if the Guild Master has been inactive for over 30 days. Veterans can take over a guild if the Guild Master has been inactive for over 35 days. Members can take over a guild if the Guild Master has been inactive for over 40 days. There is no cost for taking over a guild. Note: Initiates cannot take over a guild under any circumstance.
  • Made some improvements to the way that the secondary player spec button works when swapping between specs.
  • Made some improvements to the way that the secondary player spec is unlocked that make it more clear what the player is purchasing.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the fourth gem slot to be swapped when switching between different player specifications.
  • The Old Frying Pan can now be sold.
  • The tool tip for Brutality has been fixed.
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes remove a character from the PVP leaderboard.
  • Fixed a bug with the Android back button putting the game into an inconsistent state.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the cast bar to behave incorrectly after being knocked back.
  • Fixed some issues that would cause players to not be able to access their account or access the incorrect account. If you are still having this issue, please contact Customer Service.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing buffs to seem like they were affecting stats after they had already fallen off.
  • Fixed a problem with text entry on Android.
  • Resolved an issue where people disconnecting before the end of a PVP fight would not result in a loss. This player's record will be correctly updated on the server within 10 minutes of fight completion.
  • Fixed a bug where players could not send a mail or whisper from the Mucky Duck Inn.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing players to get a message that "The raid phase had ended" after a PVP match.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the main hero UI to carry over to the title screen.
  • Invalid characters can no longer be entered into referral codes.
  • Hero score now shows up correctly in the PVP rewards list.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause player health not to reset to 100% when a character levels up via PVP.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause players to accidentally purchase more than one copy of the same item from the shop due to lag.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause players to desync during a dungeon or raid due to lag.
  • Fixed the item list priorities for the Were-Chef consumables.
Darkhorse

Re: Update 1.7.2 - Preview

Postby Spriher » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 pm

No any change to WM? We are still gonna be bottom of the pack in PvP :(
Spriher

Postby Tiffy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Heroic feat? O.O
Tiffy

Postby AdamM » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Clarification: gems available at Gwynn are the same as one we buy with valor? (I assume u use pvp currency instead of valor?)

The unique 1 hand weapons at Gwynn: are they BETTER than the current 1 hand weapon counterparts for their respective tiers? (I assume these weapons are purchasable by the beta pvp currency) (I hope these weapons are not superior to their counterparts at majerio; else it will just be "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer" situation)
AdamM

Postby Little_Mike » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:38 pm

AdamM wrote:Clarification: gems available at Gwynn are the same as one we buy with valor? (I assume u use pvp currency instead of valor?)

Same gems.

AdamM wrote:The unique 1 hand weapons at Gwynn: are they BETTER than the current 1 hand weapon counterparts for their respective tiers? (I assume these weapons are purchasable by the beta pvp currency) (I hope these weapons are not superior to their counterparts at majerio; else it will just be "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer" situation)

Same stats but different looks. These looks are exclusive and will be gone after the beta is over.
Little_Mike

Postby Darkhorse » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:43 pm

AdamM wrote:The unique 1 hand weapons at Gwynn: are they BETTER than the current 1 hand weapon counterparts for their respective tiers? (I assume these weapons are purchasable by the beta pvp currency) (I hope these weapons are not superior to their counterparts at majerio; else it will just be "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer" situation)

They are the same stats as their PVE counterparts. They have unique looks that will be exclusive to the beta. I guess a better question would be, why should people care?

We're going to be implementing a way that players can apply different looks to their gear based on existing items in the game. This will be implemented in the near future. So essentially, we'll be implementing a system where you can apply the looks of these weapons to your current gear or even future gear! I can't say much more now but I'll detail this a bit more next week when I can talk about the next major update!
Darkhorse

Postby Shekka » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:45 pm

Little_Mike wrote:
Same stats but different looks. These looks are exclusive and will be gone after the beta is over.

Does this mean that if we purchase these new weapons that they will disappear from our inventory, or will we be able to keep these until we sell them?
Last edited by Shekka on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shekka

Postby Little_Mike » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Shekka wrote:
Little_Mike wrote:

Does this mean that if we purchase these that new weapons that they will disappear from our inventory, or will we be able to keep these until we sell them?

You keep them until you sell them. They are yours for good, but won't be purchasable after the beta is over.
Little_Mike

Postby japster » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Darkhorse wrote:

They are the same stats as their PVE counterparts. They have unique looks that will be exclusive to the beta. I guess a better question would be, why should people care?

We're going to be implementing a way that players can apply different looks to their gear based on existing items in the game. This will be implemented in the near future. So essentially, we'll be implementing a system where you can apply the looks of these weapons to your current gear or even future gear! I can't say much more now but I'll detail this a bit more next week when I can talk more about the next major update!

Dear Mike, does this mean we can effectively avoid the hassle and strain of re-enchanting these PvP items? I.e. I purchase the PvP item with PvP currency and leave it in my backpack, but I then change the existing look of my current PvE weapon (which holds my enchants) into that of the PvP weapon. Thus my existing PvE weapon may have the look of the PvP weapon but also has its existing enchants?
Last edited by japster on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
japster

Postby Darkhorse » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:48 pm

japster wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:

We're going to be implementing a way that players can apply different looks to their gear based on existing items in the game. This will be implemented in the near future. So essentially, we'll be implementing a system where you can apply the looks of these weapons to your current gear or even future gear! I can't say much more now but I'll detail this a bit more next week when I can talk more about the next major update!

Dear Mike, does this mean we can effectively avoid the hassle and strain of re-enchanting these PvP items? I.e. I purchase the PvP item with PvP currency and leave it in my backpack, but I then change the existing look of my current weapon (which holds my enchants) into that of the PvP weapon. Thus my existing weapon may have the look of the PvP weapon but also has its existing enchants?

Yes. :)
Darkhorse

Next

Return to Game Updates