Update 1.7 - July 22, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Update 1.7 - July 22, 2013

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:17 pm

There will be a server maintenance period on Monday, July 22 at 11 AM EDT/3 PM GMT. This maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours. This maintenance will be used to deploy game update 1.7!

General

• Many backgrounds in the game have been updated
  • If a player already has a recipe that drops from a dungeon boss, that recipe will no longer drop a duplicate for the player
  • Increased the maximum number of inventory slots from 50 to 100
  • Implemented many new anti-hack and anti-cheat measures
  • Players can now filter the raid finder list to only show raids that are open to mercenaries
  • Venan ID Management is now available from more locations in the game without having to log out first

Player vs. Player

• The Player vs. Player (PVP) Beta has begun! Duel other heroes one on one in real time and attempt to emerge victorious!
    • Resolve has been added to the game. This is the PVP equivalent of energy. The amount of resolve you have is denoted by the Orange bar in your character's UI.
    • All players have access to the beta automatically when they reach level 10
    • New location "Glenfort Coliseum"
    • New NPC "Lady Gwynn"
    • Simple matchmaking has been implemented to queue heroes against a random opponent that is close to their might and level
    • Simple record keeping has been implemented (NOTE: These records may or may not be kept as we move on from the PVP beta)
    • There is now a PVP statistics screen that can be viewed off the main stats screen
    • A PVP chat channel has been added to the game
    • Potions, Elixirs, Runes, and Guild Favors are currently disabled in PVP
    • Health in PVP is currently multiplied by 4x
    • Two simple PVP leaderboards have been implemented
    • As with any beta, many parts of this feature will be in a constant state of change while we evaluate how players are using it and how the system is behaving. We will be making numerous changes throughout the PVP beta. Also as we move from the beta into the actual release of the feature, we will introduce other hallmarks of PVP systems such as a PVP based reward structure, a more complex ranking system, etc.

Character Specifications

• Gear and ability swapping has been implemented!
    • Player specifications allow players to store and change their ability and gear configuration with the push of a button. For example, a hero can spec into Fire abilities on their War Mage and use a staff for specification one and then switch to specification two put points into Ice abilities and equip a sword.
    • Players can fluidly cycle through their specifications by clicking the icon in the upper right of the screen on the equipment, stats, abilities, and ability training screens.
    • One additional specification (two in total) is now available for purchase via the training hall. In the future, more may be available.
    • Players have the option of setting either of their specifications or neither as the default PVP specification. If a specification is selected as the default for PVP, players will be prompted to switch to this specification when entering the arena.

Android
  • Android HD graphics have been implemented!
    • Android devices capable of HD graphics now have the option to download hi-res graphics (roughly 100 meg download)
    • SD Memory cards can now be used to store and run both the game and the downloaded content

Classes

• Shadow Walker

• Ensnare can no longer be dodged or blocked. The stunning effect can still be resisted
    • The cast time for Ensnare has changed to 0.4/0.4/0.4s
    • The cooldown for Ensnare has changed to 7/6/5s
    • The stun duration for Ensnare has changed to 2/2/2s
  • War Mage

• Icy Grasp can no longer be spell dodged or blocked. The stunning effect can still be resisted
    • The cast time for Icy Grasp has changed to 50/50/50% weapon speed
    • The cooldown for Icy Grasp has changed to 7/6/5s
    • The duration of Chilled is now 3s. This affects Frozen Shard and Ice Storm
    • The knockback for Ice Lance is now 0.25/0.25/0.25s
    • The stun duration for Frozen has changed to 2/2/2s
  • Justicar

• Stunning Blow can no longer be dodged or blocked. The stunning effect can still be resisted
    • The cooldown for Stunning Blow has changed to 7/6/5s
    • The stun duration for Stunning Blow has changed to 2/2/2s
  • All classes

• Defend now has a duration of 0.5s and has a cooldown of 0.5s. Defend now reduces damage taken by 50% and increases Block by 20%, Dodge by 10%, Status Resist by 20%, and Knockback Resist by 50% for the duration of the ability

Quests

• New quests added for PVP beta

Raids
  • The number of encounters for Vale of the Ice Dragon and War of Fellmarsh have slightly increased. The expected gold time, player rewards, and guild power have all been adjusted to compensate for this change
  • Mountain Lichen can now be found in the Attack of Dawn raid
  • Polar Melt can now be found in the Vale of the Ice Dragon raid
  • Fell Leaf can now be found in the War of Fellmarsh raid
  • RPP chains have been changed. Heroes now will always maintain their RPP while participating in other activities. The RPP chain will now only be broken by:
    • Dying in a raid and not reviving (you can still die in a dungeon or lose in PVP)
    • Going to Glenfort Temple
    • Going to Majerio's Shop
    • Going to the Black Market
    We wanted to change this so that players can participate in more than one raid at a time without losing their RPP chain. We also wanted players to be able to participate in PVP while in a raid

Items

• Purifying Salts have been temporarily removed from Majerio's Shop
  • The maximum amount of Essence that can be purchased from the Black Market has been increased
  • Medium Resolve potions have been added to the Black Market
  • The Chilled effect duration of Minor and Major Frost Runes is now 3s
  • Catalysts have had their price lowered to 2 Gold Shields

Feats

• New feats have been added for PVP beta

Bugs

• The plus/minus buttons on the "Train Abilities" screens are now easier to activate
  • Fixed a bug that would make the text entry disappear on Android
  • Fixed a problem that would cause strange behavior if you loaded into combat while disarmed
  • Fixed a problem that was making knockbacks work incorrectly
  • The cooldown for Icy Grasp is no longer affected by haste
  • The cooldown for Time Void is no longer affected by haste
  • Fixed an issue which would cause the custom server maintenance message not appear correctly on Android
  • Fixed a rare issue where a raid would finish within the correct amount of time for gold or silver, but the wrong rewards would be sent
  • Fixed an issue that would allow one time items (such as Karnak's Unpowered Ring) to drop more than once due to "luck"
  • Runes can no longer proc Ignite

Known Issues
  • The hero score rewarded after a PvP match ends is not being displayed
Darkhorse

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Reserved.
Darkhorse

Postby AUK_Haggis » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Looking good guys! Can't wait
AUK_Haggis

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:54 pm

If I put two similar might and same level chars from the same account, can they be paired to fight each other? I would actually like this, using two devices to battle myself.
NikoNarf_1

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:54 pm

FT_NikoNarf wrote:If I put two similar might and same level chars from the same account, can they be paired to fight each other? I would actually like this, using two devices to battle myself.

We have the ability to do this, but right now fighting characters on your same account is disabled (to prevent abusive behavior). We will evaluate when we have more data.
Darkhorse

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:04 pm

How about an option to either combat someone in the general game population or restrict opponents to those within the same guild?
NikoNarf_1

Postby DaK_ » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Will there be any changes to the onslaught raids? There were a few possible issues I posted about a few weeks ago now and still haven't gotten any response from. Not trying to be a giant pain, just curious about them :)

Glad to see more content being added, I'm excited to be able to swap out skill sets especially... Very nice feature :)
DaK_

Postby Cristo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:59 pm

How is Resolve acquired? Potions only as listed, or can you regent it with time like energy and health? Looks awesome so far. I am really looking forward to trying this out. Also what is the might range against which you are paired.
Cristo

Postby CrzyHopper » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:15 pm

If possible I am refusing all battles in PvP until Tiffy pops (annihilates) my cherry. So for the sensitive players, don't be upset if I refuse your battle. :)
CrzyHopper

Postby WotC_Trotinet » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 pm

I have a question about the spec part.

Am I reading it right, one war mage will be able to be fire and then hit a button or what ever and be ice, I know they wouldnt be able to do this in battle. But is that it?

Basically since I have an ice mage and a fire mage, one can be gotten rid of? Or is this only applying to armor?

Sorry i can tend to get confusing. :(

Thank You
Trotinet
WotC_Trotinet

Next

Return to Game Updates